IGNORED

4th best stadium outside the Prem

Porto Red

So many nice stadia missing from that list.
image.png.abe60872f030bdd13f8336e56100f42c.png

image.png.13d00213ed24cd1120fda03f08b42c60.png

To put Bradford first is missing this
image.png.ed512cfb67e67d3862624a4cf6c33eb6.png

and, as has been said, putting us fourth is missing this
image.png.699694358221e9904e792381750d2f8e.png

But that BookFace page do like old grounds and probably think Kennilworth Road is "quaint" even though it is a boil on the arsehole of the world
image.png.f07857052b3ed30ffe865ceccc40d004.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pillred said:

Our stadium reminds me of that old song nice legs shame about the face the face being the Atyeo stand, I'm sorry but it just lets the side down for me and is now looking pretty sorry for itself compared to the rest of the ground, what we could do about it? who knows. 

There are quite a few clubs that have lopsided grounds - eg WBA, Burnley, Forrest. With these sort of grounds, often, the TV cameras are placed in the oldest, worst, stand so it doesn’t show on television. Unfortunately with City that’s not the case. Nothing is going to change, at least in the near future, as SL has made it clear that buying the houses behind the Atyeo to enable expansion isn’t going to happen. 

Edited by pongo88

5 hours ago, beaverface said:

I think the rebuild of the Atyeo will be the ultimate challenge between making Ashton Gate look like an identi-kit stadium, or having an amazing feature\end that other clubs can be envious of.

IMO, and I've banged the drum a lot for this over the years, the Atyeo would be absolutely amazing as a huge single tiered stand, but would be reliant on removing the houses behind.

If we have a similar stand to the South Stand, it will just make Ashton too much of a flat pack stadium.

Has Steve Lansdown had his ear plugs in during your drumming? 

1 hour ago, CiderJar said:

So many nice stadia missing from that list.
image.png.abe60872f030bdd13f8336e56100f42c.png

image.png.13d00213ed24cd1120fda03f08b42c60.png

To put Bradford first is missing this
image.png.ed512cfb67e67d3862624a4cf6c33eb6.png

and, as has been said, putting us fourth is missing this
image.png.699694358221e9904e792381750d2f8e.png

But that BookFace page do like old grounds and probably think Kennilworth Road is "quaint" even though it is a boil on the arsehole of the world
image.png.f07857052b3ed30ffe865ceccc40d004.png

Good post but am I the only person who doesn’t get the hype about the stadium of light . I’ve always seen it as a bland bowl .

• Like 1

It's not just the  stadium itself that's great. It's the area around the stadium, the view FROM the stadium and the approach. Great bars and places to eat on North Street, North Street itself, the bridge, the gorge, the suspension bridge. Ashton Court. Ashton Gate is the best located stadium I know - and not just because I can walk to it!

Edited by Yellow&Blue&Red
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

I am hoping one day the Atyeo will be replaced to mirror the south stand. I think this can be achieved looking at the aerial footprint. Issue is high cost for little commercial gain. Jon Lansdown did say that this stand was not the end product but gave no more information as to if a future refurbishment or replacement was the aim. Unfortunately there appears to be no scope to replace the stand with anything bigger than the south stand which is a shame.

I am sure I read that the Dolman had a lifespan of 15 years when it was redeveloped. This was published at the time but never repeated that I am aware of. Would be amazing to replace this with a carbon copy of the lower Lansdown stand with the boxes, with the scope to add a second tier in the future if the flats behind ever were demolished. Again this is something previously discussed however no one seems to know if such blocks have an end of life date or not.

I am looking forward to the next phase getting underway. Ashton Gate will be something really impressive and unique.

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How's about the worst stadium currently in the Prem?   I can think of a few grounds that are better than some of the current Prem stadiums?

Well that's an easy one the home of just 11,000 fans Dean court there are bigger and better stadiums in league two. 

• Like 5

Obviously I’m bias but I can’t remember many times I’ve been to a ground and thought I prefer it to ours. Especially when you factor in the sports bar and “village” bit outside.

Hillsborough is steeped in history, Norwich is decent for what’s around it. The lookalike stadiums lose their magic a little bit. 

I love what we did at AG and so glad we stayed

15 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Any chance we could have the 4th best team, 17th best ground - not the other way round? 

Just sums us up - great place, shame about the team. Twas ever thus, by and large. 

Next! 

If having the best ground was any criteria Spurs would surely be the best team in the country, but a bit like us having a decent ground that is unfortunately no guarantee of success.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

When as a couch potato TV spectator it is good to have something with a bit of character about it so that you recognise the ground the moment you see the action.

What is Craven Cottage like? It looks quirky and has the history but might be horrible to be inside?

I love Craven Cottage. My second favourite. Loved it when it was still terraces for away fans, with a walk down the river and the cottage in the corner. Building the stands still hasn't spoilled that - it's still great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

I love Craven Cottage. My second favourite. Loved it when it was still terraces for away fans, with a walk down the river and the cottage in the corner. Building the stands still hasn't spoilled that - it's still great.

I love going to Craven cottage as well. Lovely walk down the river from Putney and a sit on the park next to the ground before kick off. Full away end. Of course we’ve had some great results there in recent years which also helps! Late Tomlin free kick winner being one of them. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The Atyeo has always looked pretty rubbish, from the back and the front IMO, and it stands out even more now when the rest looks great!

What's it like inside? Did it get a makeover that matches the home areas? Has anybody been in there since it became an away section?

2 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

Got some great memories in that stand from a few years back .

Me too , very lively night of the cup game all those years back when Bradford were decent on & off the field . 
remember being in there equivalent of the 3 lions before kick off with other city fans , not a good idea ?

they were not happy 

11 hours ago, pillred said:

Our stadium reminds me of that old song nice legs shame about the face the face being the Atyeo stand, I'm sorry but it just lets the side down for me and is now looking pretty sorry for itself compared to the rest of the ground, what we could do about it? who knows. 

Ah you mean BOBFOC!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Good post but am I the only person who doesn’t get the hype about the stadium of light . I’ve always seen it as a bland bowl .

Yes, good point. It was not the best example but one of many that are way better than Valley Parade, one of the most lop-sided stadiums in the country.

20 hours ago, eardun said:

I love going to Craven cottage as well. Lovely walk down the river from Putney and a sit on the park next to the ground before kick off. Full away end. Of course we’ve had some great results there in recent years which also helps! Late Tomlin free kick winner being one of them. 

I watched a vlog uploaded to you tube from a Fulham fan after the game when that winner went in, well let's just say it did not go down well made me laugh though.

• Like 1