IGNORED

Today's Ref

Super

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Linesman in front of the Lansdown was even worse, missed 2 clear fouls right in front of him, one when Hanley had his hands around Cornick’s neck.

******* clueless.

Totally agree!

Several times waited until the ref gave a decision who's throw it was before he raised his flag.

Should donate his match fee to charity!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Redtucks said:

Totally agree!

Several times waited until the ref gave a decision who's throw it was before he raised his flag.

Should donate his match fee to charity!

Just proves how shit he was then, the ref gave virtually every decision to Norwich, so what was he waiting for?

Shite.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ref had just got the yellow card out book Williams for his reckless tackle when the guy leapt up and raised both hands to push Williams over right in front of the ref and he unfortunately flashed the yellow again without pausing.

Had he paused I’m sure he’d have shown a red.

It seems that if you shove someone in the chest it’s a yellow (Wells last week), go throat, neck, head, off you go.

• Thanks 2

Makes our 9-unbeaten all the more impressive considering how often we’re playing with a hand tied behind our back. He’d give a foul for Norwich for an incident, then ignore an almost identical incident the other way. What’s going through his head when he’s making these calls?

• Like 1

I try not to get as bothered about the referees any more before the match - it feels like it's pointless worrying about. 4-5 years ago I would go into a game with a pre-conceived idea about the kind of referee we were going to expect and it took away from the enjoyment.

When it gets into the game though, I'll still have a go if I feel there's a bad/inconsistent decision but what really winds me up is the number of linesmen that don't look like they even care about giving decisions, let a lone getting them right in this league.

They are qualified referees (obviously) but often not with the same experience as the man in the middle. Increasingly they're instucted to do less & you can see that. Why can't the league put more into professionalising these roles?

The guy infront of the Lansdown just ignored a flailing arm on (I thought is was) Mehmeti, despite giving a strange free kick in the first half. I didn't feel Scott did much wrong, apart from unsuccesfully getting his arm out of the way of the Norwich player's ducking head ?

He was also the one that gave freekicks to Hanley as if it was some kind of reward for getting near the ball.

I have a little bit of sympathy for the referee, the game got more physical towards the end of the first half and he seemed to want it to flow. It certainly felt like Norwich were less "up for it" in the second half, looking for fouls and going down. City wanted to keep the same tempo and were in Norwich's faces - I don't think we crossed the line as much as the foul count would suggest, but only a part of that was down to the referee.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Super said:

Should we of had a pen on scott 2nd half? I didn't have a great view

We did. Right in front of it.

No. Scott was looking for it.

Was there any reaction from anyone? Not that we saw. Not even from Scott. Apart from a wry smile and wave of the hands……

Good to see all the FIFA badge holders having such an opinion on the referee.

Many must have eagle eye Action Man vision to have such a clear and unbiased view.

Some comical and baffling decisions but hey ho.  3 points is 3 points. All that matters! ?

15 hours ago, normanhillred said:

Two handed push no brainier straight red. Red on yellow it is back pocket. 

It really wasn't. It's been said twice in the thread already; refs will issue a yellow for a shove from chest down whereas neck, throat & head area will be a red card. 

ETA: Casemiro's red last week was for grabbing Will Hughes around the throat, another correct decision!

I'd say that Kavanagh had a good first half, poor second half but let's not criticise the decisions he was spot on with. 

Edited by Hamdon Mart
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Packman said:

He gave a foul against Atkinson for winning a header, baffling decision.

He gave a few baffling decisions.

Last 10 minutes I was more nervous of the referee than I was of Norwich, I was sure he was going to hand them an equaliser with a dodgy decision.

• Like 2