IGNORED

Rest Scotty, Wednesday

Port Said Red

Yesterday was the first time I think I have seen him kicked out of the game. Most of it was robust challenges rather fouls, but on top of his rough treatment at PNE it took it's toll. 

I think it's an opportunity to use our strengthened squad and give him a rest. Mehmeti looks like he could provide some of what Scott offers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Yesterday was the first time I think I have seen him kicked out of the game. Most of it was robust challenges rather fouls, but on top of his rough treatment at PNE it took it's toll. 

I think it's an opportunity to use our strengthened squad and give him a rest. Mehmeti looks like he could provide some of what Scott offers.

Opponents know how dangerous Scott is and consequently they target him. He was battered yesterday and at Deepdale and by now Scott knows what to expect and it would be a mistake Imo to leave him out against Wigan. He can handle the stick he gets.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Nige won't be underestimating a Wigan team with four points from the last two games. Scott will play, there will be no resting players because we think the opposition is weak. We ain't good enough for that.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nige won't be underestimating a Wigan team with four points from the last two games. Scott will play, there will be no resting players because we think the opposition is weak. We ain't good enough for that.

Never suggested that was the reason, it's just the next game.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Agree, Wigan are no mugs and looked half decent in the game on Sky recently. Got to treat them like Norwich and go for them and not think it’s an easy game - it won’t be 

19 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Is there a number of games after which they get wiped? 

I read somewhere that there was but I’m not so sure.

There is for 5 bookings which he didn’t make. Then I think once you get to 10 bookings it’s a 2 match ban but I can’t find anything definite on it. 

45 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He plays . Don’t get arrogant to think we can rest our best player in any game . Wigan will not be easy , no games are. Do you expect him to be a 9/10 every game ? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I understand the reasoning but there are no easy games in this division. Anybody can beat anybody as the cliche goes…

He has to play if fit.

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He plays . Don’t get arrogant to think we can rest our best player in any game . Wigan will not be easy , no games are. Do you expect him to be a 9/10 every game ? 

Wow! Thanks for completely misinterpreting my post. As I said in a previous reply, he looked like he had an arm injury, and I don't give a **** who are next opponents are, and it was certainly nothing to do with his actual performance.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Wow! Thanks for completely misinterpreting my post. As I said in a previous reply, he looked like he had an arm injury, and I don't give a **** who are next opponents are, and it was certainly nothing to do with his actual performance.

No point in the thread then is there.If he’s fit  he plays , you said rest him , which is different .

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1

Wigan is going to be a completely different game and will be frustrating most of the time as we won’t be able to hit them in the counter.

We need someone who can unlock with men behind the ball so I would play him 

The home fans need to stick with the team - this will not be a walkover so trying not to get carried away after a fine performance yesterday 

This is the type of game in the past where Bristol City come crashing back down to earth - will be interesting to see the mentality change that NP has installed

Edited by Rossi the Robin
  • Like 1

Although I get the OPs point, a few things make me disagree:

1. He’s Alex Scott

2. He will get booked soon because of how he plays, and the rest will be coming 

3. Even with him being given treatment yesterday he did well. There was one through ball to Mehmeti that Anis I think was shocked he’d got through and therefore didn’t make the most of it that -  if AM had reacted, we’d all be purring about it

4. AS playing focuses other teams resource and gives more freedom elsewhere

5. AS seems to me to actually like the treatment in a way. He left one on a Norwich player more than once and hes a man who really doesn’t mind there being edge in the game

6. We need to show Wigan due respect

7. He’s Alex Scott.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 3

I think Wednesday game is pivotal to the season with a hard away game at Sunderland to follow , win Wednesday and possibly a point at Sunderland and we can then look to a forward push on playoffs but take it for granted and lose to Wigan , who are a big physical side and we could be nervously looking over shoulder again .so let’s go for it from the start with strongest team available ( might include Naismith yet ) get the goals then ring the changes as early as possible to give a rest COYR 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Although I get the OPs point, a few things make me disagree:

1. He’s Alex Scott

2. He will get booked soon because of how he plays, and the rest will be coming 

3. Even with him being given treatment yesterday he did well. There was one through ball to Mehmeti that Anis I think was shocked he’d got through and therefore didn’t make the most of it that -  if AM had reacted, we’d all be purring about it

4. AS playing focuses other teams resource and gives more freedom elsewhere

5. AS seems to me to actually like the treatment in a way. He left one on a Norwich player more than once and hes a man who really doesn’t mind there being edge in the game

6. We need to show Wigan due respect

7. He’s Alex Scott.

Just to add to that...

8. He's Alex Scott.

5 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I read somewhere that there was but I’m not so sure.

There is for 5 bookings which he didn’t make. Then I think once you get to 10 bookings it’s a 2 match ban but I can’t find anything definite on it. 

Cut off point for 10 bookings is week 32 of the season. 15 bookings by the end of the season would mean the player would start the next season with a 3 match ban. Anyone who accumulates 20 bookings by the end of the season will be banned at the discretion of the EFL disciplinary panel.