IGNORED

Ian Gay knows sod all about football part 7,432

Silvio Dante

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don’t remember ever defending Ian Gay but if I have can you find a link? I love to see it.

On 05/01/2020 at 12:08, Robbored said:

I’m not supporting Ian Gay at all.........I just happen to know him from the SC&T bar. 

He’s a clever bloke but has an ‘in your face’ personality and that can and does  aggravate people.He definitely ain’t everyone’s cup of tea for sure.

That said he can and often does talk a great deal of sense. If you want to call that ‘support’ then feel free...........:cool2:

On 15/02/2023 at 22:40, Henry said:

I generally listen to the podcast most weeks now the sound issues have been resolved. I find the host awful at times, doesn’t do his research and makes lists of errors

I don’t always agree with what Ian (or the others) say but I don’t just want to listen to views that I agree with. 

Where the likes of Fevs wants to debate the life out of things and beat you you stats and spreadsheets. I quite like Ian’s approach of saying his piece and not giving a shit if people like it.

❤️ you too !!

Let's have some examples then as my best is clearly not good enough ?

Take a listen at 6 tonight: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=KMN1lTYAfpw

Edited by headhunter
  • Flames 1

On 15/02/2023 at 22:52, harrys said:

Don’t get all this hate for the guy, he gives his opinion right or wrong

Yes, it's like people complaining about the quality of people calling in to Radio Bristol after a game.

Everyone has a mobile phone these days, if you don't think that they're good enough then call in yourself.

Similarly if you don't think that the quality of podcasts is good enough then make your own.

I'm on Ziderheads so read Ian's match reports which are thorough, detailed and a good read.

I don't necessarily always agree with everything he comes out with but I am grateful for the work he puts in for match reports and collating other information.

@Davefevs and @Olé combined are his equivalent on here as people who put a lot of their own time and effort into offering up decent reviews and information.

You don't need to agree with everything they say, you can disagree or even quibble, but what they post serves as a good basis for a discussion.

(I've never listened to a Podcast in my life, about anything not just football, so my apologies for not crediting any Podcasters as I have never heard them. It isn't that I don't listen to them on principle, I just haven't)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes, it's like people complaining about the quality of people calling in to Radio Bristol after a game.

Everyone has a mobile phone these days, if you don't think that they're good enough then call in yourself.

Similarly if you don't think that the quality of podcasts is good enough then make your own.

I'm on Ziderheads so read Ian's match reports which are thorough, detailed and a good read.

I don't necessarily always agree with everything he comes out with but I am grateful for the work he puts in for match reports and collating other information.

@Davefevs and @Olé combined are his equivalent on here as people who put a lot of their own time and effort into offering up decent reviews and information.

You don't need to agree with everything they say, you can disagree or even quibble, but what they post serves as a good basis for a discussion.

(I've never listened to a Podcast in my life, about anything not just football, so my apologies for not crediting any Podcasters as I have never heard them. It isn't that I don't listen to them on principle, I just haven't)

I pop into Ziderheads regularly and I agree wholeheartedly that Ian’s match reports are a decent read - however…..it’s the negativity and pessimism in many of of his posts that irritate me because they’re completely without any context. To me that reflects a lack of understanding of what Nige’s remit/project actually is and that change and rebuilding take time to bear fruit. Since the Boxing Day result at AG form and performances have improved and that tells me that Nige is on the right track.

Let’s not overlook the fact that the wage bill had to be reduced because of FFP regulations - another mess up from our previous CEO that Nige and RG have had to clean up.

I doubt that Ian takes any of that into consideration when posting negative topics. 

Edited by Robbored
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, headhunter said:

❤️ you too !!

Let's have some examples then as my best is clearly not good enough ?

Take a listen at 6 tonight: https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=KMN1lTYAfpw

I haven't kept up with this thread over the last couple of days, but for the record I thought Dave and Paul Binning were decent on Sound of the City on Monday.

I always look forward to the FBC podcast, whether I agree or disagree with people's points of view. And I look forward to the 3peeps and Osib pods. 

• Like 1