IGNORED

Up and coming managers

BCFC Rich

I was reading the loan thread and saw this post by @Gillies Downs Leeds (apologies for taking your quote out of that thread:

On 11/02/2023 at 04:46, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

City have always been happy to send youngsters out to Rendall teams. Whenever Paulton (Rendalls previous team), who run on a small squad, needed a player on loan, Tinns usually sorted one.

And it made me think - Could this be a good way to build relationships with promising up-and-coming managers? Could we scout, use analytics, and ID young managerial talent in the lower (particularly non-league) leagues and build a relationship with them via offering good loans?

It could offer multiple benefits:

- opening lines of communication with a promising manager 

- men's football for academy players

- if we identify talent well then a link with clubs at increasingly high levels (for loans etc)

- an already promising relationship with a manager we may want to appoint at some point.

I'm sure there are loads of cons and not sure how easy it is to use analytics ( @Davefevs ?) to accurately ID young managers -as things like playstyle etc would be part of that - not just results, but it could be an interesting strategy. 

What do others think? Would also be interesting to hear which upcoming managers people are excited by. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BCFC Rich said:

I was reading the loan thread and saw this post by @Gillies Downs Leeds (apologies for taking your quote out of that thread:

And it made me think - Could this be a good way to build relationships with promising up-and-coming managers? Could we scout, use analytics, and ID young managerial talent in the lower (particularly non-league) leagues and build a relationship with them via offering good loans?

It could offer multiple benefits:

- opening lines of communication with a promising manager 

- men's football for academy players

- if we identify talent well then a link with clubs at increasingly high levels (for loans etc)

- an already promising relationship with a manager we may want to appoint at some point.

I'm sure there are loads of cons and not sure how easy it is to use analytics ( @Davefevs ?) to accurately ID young managers -as things like playstyle etc would be part of that - not just results, but it could be an interesting strategy. 

What do others think? Would also be interesting to hear which upcoming managers people are excited by. 

As with successful teams that recruit players to fit a system...imo it's essential to find managers that fit your club and it's circumstances. 

NP is probably the perfect fit right now for our clubs situation. 

A manager can be excellent at another club, but every club is different, so a successful manager elsewhere, might be less so at your club if the circumstances are completely different. 

If money is no object some excell. No money and reliant on other avenues, you need someone different who knows how to work in those parameters. 

Then you have to choose and trust your backroom staff.

Football is ever evolving. And managers trying to find different ways of winning.

Imo...the analytical background type manager may come more to the for. The young manager at Reims is a case in point.

• Like 2