IGNORED

Neil Warnock to Huddersfield..

iamalagerdrinker

I admire Warnock. His record speaks for itself. 
I can’t help feeling that the fire has gone out though - he’s not as feisty and ranty as he used to be (probably a good thing considering his age) and his passion was a big part of his success at getting the absolute best out of ‘inferior’ players. 
It can’t be good for a 74 year old to be in one of the most stressful jobs around though. 
I will keep my eye on Huddersfield’s results with interest. 

11 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I admire Warnock. His record speaks for itself. 
I can’t help feeling that the fire has gone out though - he’s not as feisty and ranty as he used to be (probably a good thing considering his age) and his passion was a big part of his success at getting the absolute best out of ‘inferior’ players. 
It can’t be good for a 74 year old to be in one of the most stressful jobs around though. 
I will keep my eye on Huddersfield’s results with interest. 

6 months money, stay up hero, go down, retires again. I doubt there's much stress. 

7 hours ago, 2015 said:

I'd say his remarks about us are now no longer insult worthy and more a compliment. Out of all the clubs in England he has played against in his long career we've wound him up the most. 

Doubt he’s been punched at many other grounds!! 

On 13/02/2023 at 14:48, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Never works out once they turn all celebrity. He’s like a caricature at this stage

He's been a caricature all his life. A caricature of a football manager, playing 1980s hoofball whilst acting like a 1970s manager.

1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

Hahah class. I would of loved him to of managed us.

We had his pale imitation, Pulis, instead. Be careful what you wish for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Can’t help but love him?

He goes to sleep thinking about us.

He does go on to say that he has a lot of respect for us (and Pompey and Ipswich where he also gets stick).

Its not much of a secret that he would’ve liked to manage us, makes me wonder where we’d have got to if he had? 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2023 at 14:48, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Never works out once they turn all celebrity. He’s like a caricature at this stage

Didn't work out at Cardiff, and at Boro he'd lost 7 and won 5 when they sacked him.

I'm thinking he might just be too old now. He's 75 this year. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Didn't work out at Cardiff, and at Boro he'd lost 7 and won 5 when they sacked him.

I'm thinking he might just be too old now. He's 75 this year. 

Totally, his recent record is shite.

Won’t stop some on here trotting out the loveable old rogue bollocks.

He’s a nasty piece of work & his teams play dogshit football.

That used to work but as you pointed out not for some time, his last promotion was absolutely ages ago.

He’s Pulis.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Totally, his recent record is shite.

Won’t stop some on here trotting out the loveable old rogue bollocks.

He’s a nasty piece of work & his teams play dogshit football.

That used to work but as you pointed out not for some time, his last promotion was absolutely ages ago.

He’s Pulis.

Lighten up Graham.

Just now, Lew-T said:

Lighten up Graham.

It’s Friday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

I wish the managers that didn’t work out at City included them getting promoted to the Premier League.

In that case every manager hasn't worked out here! 

Warnock won promotion with Cardiff 5 years ago, and took them down the next season, the side was left uncompetitive even at Championship level. At Boro, Chris Wilder achieved considerably better results with the same group of players.

I think whatever he's had in the past, he's lost. None of us stay as effective in old age. 

38 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

In that case every manager hasn't worked out here! 

Warnock won promotion with Cardiff 5 years ago, and took them down the next season, the side was left uncompetitive even at Championship level. At Boro, Chris Wilder achieved considerably better results with the same group of players.

I think whatever he's had in the past, he's lost. None of us stay as effective in old age. 

In truth, his promotions have rarely been followed up by success at a higher level. If he was really successful he’d have managed a really big club and stayed for longer periods.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

He does go on to say that he has a lot of respect for us (and Pompey and Ipswich where he also gets stick).

Its not much of a secret that he would’ve liked to manage us, makes me wonder where we’d have got to if he had? 

I suspect we turned him down, he probably didn't like that. Hence all the little jibes and digs over the years especially when LJ was in charge here like " I played against your Dad blah blah blah" We'd have signed Clint Hill and Sol Bamba plus Paddy Kenny and that horrible midfield enforcer.