IGNORED

Security In Singing Section

One Team

• Admin
57 minutes ago, One Team said:

Intimidating behaviour from the start, having a go at various people for enjoying themselves singing then when we scored and it went mad as usual they waded into a couple of lads by me, which then caused obvious problems. 

Intrigued what you mean by "enjoying themselves"? 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Almost seemed like the security wanted to escalate so that they could 'evidence' problems with the singing sections. 

Often a bunch of hi viz wearing neanderthals who were either too thick or too unfit to join the police 

Exactly. Have no idea why the club felt they were needed, it was very heavy handed and over the top. Even when police have been in there on very rare occasions there hasn’t been any problems. Today they were intimidating from the start of the game and the inevitable flash point came when we scored and a couple of fans were grabbed and man handled for celebrating. 

I hope this was a one off and the end of this ill thought out and unnecessary introduction. 

Edited by One Team

35 minutes ago, frenchred said:

The stewarding around A and B block in the dolman was nothing short of disgraceful 

That's complete horseshit, they did a really good job, and were polite and good humoured throughout. Unbelievably patient with the kiddies who apparently can't cope with not sitting with their chums,  and practically held their little hands to help them find their correct seats.

• Like 1

They seemed to be acting like the worst kind of door staff for the first 30 mins, walking around bumping into people, pushing them about, trying to be overly officious and IMHO trying to provoke a reaction.

Wasn't there a thread on here last week about the quality of stewards, we now seem to have lowered that bar by getting private security intent on picking a fight with fans/supporters/customers/punters (whatever we are this week).

• Like 1

Seems strange, the Singing Section in particular seems to have become a problem for no real reason...looking for a problem in search of a solution? Put another way a solution looking for a problem. If it ain't broke...cause issues in order to 'fix' it.

Sounds like the instigators were the Security which is ironic and needless.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Some tosser from Winterstoke Road entrance shouting at people Saturday and Today to show their tickets. Get a proper job mate, we wouldn't be walking to the Ground for no reason. Jobsworths everywhere 

What’s the issue with showing your ticket? No different to being on a train/airplane/bus ect

• Like 2

2 hours ago, An Outstanding Human said:

Almost seemed like the security wanted to escalate so that they could 'evidence' problems with the singing sections. 

Often a bunch of hi viz wearing neanderthals who were either too thick or too unfit to join the police 

What about you walk up the steps in B Block to be greeted with a girl in a vest I personally was with my 6 year old grandson she,asked for my ticket I said how the **** do you think I got through the turnstiles .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

What’s the issue with showing your ticket? No different to being on a train/airplane/bus ect

It’s an unnecessary pain in the arse. One week it’s “open your coats”, next week it’s “show us your tickets”, then the following week, nothing.

At least they’ve put the scanners away.

• Like 1

I seem to remember a private security firm being used briefly in the East End a few years back.Did'nt go down well with the fans and they seemed to disappear after a few games if I remember correctly. Was actually quite funny. They started off strutting around pretty cocky but I got a feeling they thought had bitten off a bit more than they could chew.I don't think the fans were at all intimidated by them,and let them know.It had the feel of night club bouncer/bullies being shown up for what they are,being out of their depth when they are outnumbered. 

10 hours ago, One Team said:

What on Earth for?!

Causing loads of problems in the first half, loads of complaints to the stewards and man handling people when we scored. 

Which “singing section”?

6 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

What about you walk up the steps in B Block to be greeted with a girl in a vest I personally was with my 6 year old grandson she,asked for my ticket I said how the **** do you think I got through the turnstiles .

Mistake me if I’m wrong but if there were no checks at the top of the steps, wouldn’t you be able to sit anywhere in the Dolman or South Stand? Just thinking she’s checking to make sure people are in the correct block/seat. The turnstiles nowadays are probably just to make sure you’re in the correct stadium/stand on the correct day. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Shame to hear "We're Bristol City, we do what we want" being sung around the time of the trouble with the stewards. Usually means people are being dicks because they think they can get away with it.

Quite a generalisation when it sounds like you have absolutely no idea as to the context of that current situation

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Cityboy1954 said:

In front of your 6 year old grandson?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1