IGNORED

Security In Singing Section

One Team

1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

All down to training though, targeting the wrong age groups I'm afraid

You do realise that people in there 50s can pick the wrong seat just as much as a someone in there 20s? If they are doing it on purpose then once again we have some pretty ignorant/obnoxious 50yo in our support it's not just limited to "kids".

• Like 3

18 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Read my post again. Getting through the turnstiles is irrelevant as there are too many people who think they can buy a ticket for one area and then go somewhere else. That’s why the steward asked to see your ticket. She isn’t a jobsworth, she’s a person doing what she was employed to do. If people could be trusted there would be no need for stewards. The fact that you said  “how the **** do you think I got through the turnstiles” is disgraceful. I suggested you apologise to her the next time you go, but what about the example you’re setting to your 6 year old grandson? Not a good example is it?

Il bet your fun to sit next too.

14 minutes ago, Cityboy1954 said:

Il bet your fun to sit next too.

There are two sides to this.

Clearly the stewarding, in particular the Security is overzealous in places and that needs reviewing.

However there is precedent elsewhere. Did you know Sheffield United seem to be facing restrictions for something similar? Fans moving between areas, apparent overcrowding etc. Their SAG (Safety Advisory Group) have been difficult. All clubs have one, probably lots of venues too. Dunno how much is club led, how much is them being leant on.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/six-figure-sheffield-united-kop-blow-revealed-as-safety-issues-persist-amid-further-sanction-fears-4019306

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/sheffield-united-warn-supporters-over-kop-safety-issues-at-bramall-lane/

From present and from late October.

We are probably trying to pre empt and prevent difficulties. Fwiw we don't know if our SAG will be getting pissy behind closed doors.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

18 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Your attitude sums up the problem. The person who asked you to show your ticket had probably never met you before, so how did she know you’ve been sitting in your seat for years? Also age is not a factor. You seem to think that being 56 is ok but a steward who is young is just a “kid”.  It was the fact that you carried on walking that caused the problem. If you bother to read my posts properly, instead of having a strop, you’ll understand the point I’m trying to make. There is a significant minority of supporters who can’t be trusted which is why the club employs stewards to check tickets. If you don’t like being asked to show your ticket, don’t blame the stewards. Blame the “I can do what I want” fans who force the club to employ the stewards 

PS - well done for buying a Clarks pie 

Which church do you attend ? what dont you understand about these stewards being over the top you don't get this crap when the team are playing poor small crowds so your saying these guys should be checking your tickets when taking kids to club shop yeh ok then .

Edited by Cityboy1954

21 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There are two sides to this.

Clearly the stewarding, in particular the Security is overzealous in places and that needs reviewing.

However there is precedent elsewhere. Did you know Sheffield United seem to be facing restrictions for something similar? Fans moving between areas, apparent overcrowding etc. Their SAG (Safety Advisory Group) have been difficult. All clubs have one, probably lots of venues too. Dunno how much is club led, how much is them being leant on.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/six-figure-sheffield-united-kop-blow-revealed-as-safety-issues-persist-amid-further-sanction-fears-4019306

https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/sheffield-united-warn-supporters-over-kop-safety-issues-at-bramall-lane/

From present and from late October.

We are probably trying to pre empt and prevent difficulties. Fwiw we don't know if our SAG will be getting pissy behind closed doors.

All I'm saying is I understand young kids  being approached  trying to get in A block but to stop blokes with three young kids entering the stadium seems a bit OTT surely they should use discretion .

• Like 1

I think this is best approached in the off season, where a more formal approach can be drawn up. The fact that the club have spoken to the 'leaders' of this movement is encouraging; perhaps they've been told to cut it out for now while a proper implementation is devised.

Glad the security are gone as that was just going to complete a self fulfilling prophecy. Security in general seems to be a convenient shortcut - or lower cost contract - instead of organisations employing staff who are actually trained to do the work. You see it in homeless services too, for example.

The majority of those who want to use Block A for singing are doing so to improve the atmosphere at what is often a disappointing representation of our club. It doesn't surprise me seeing people here coming in to kick the idea while it is down. 

Edited by An Outstanding Human
  • Like 3