IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Red Army 75

Just now, Vidal said:

Yea, take a bow? For drawing against a new promoted side with a very average home record missing their best player….take a bow? Seriously? 

Seriously! 

We are developing a team of kids from our own academy supported by a few senior professionals. Which was the task he was given, while getting the huge wages off the books and changing the culture. 

This team doesn’t know when it’s beaten and continues to find something. 

It’s not just about todays game is it!?

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Seriously! 

We are developing a team of kids from our own academy supported by a few senior professionals. Which was the task he was given, while getting the huge wages off the books and changing the culture. 

This team doesn’t know when it’s beaten and continues to find something. 

It’s not just about todays game is it!?

Which is what a number of other championship sides are doing. Millwall, Sunderland being 2 examples…..and you’re right it’s not just about todays game, they are in the playoffs. We are 15th.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, garlicbread said:

Lots of tromboning of Pearson going on here when 2 months ago it was all about getting him out of the club asap

To be honest, in the circs that IMO was premature. Or would have been.

Glad the board showed patience and held their nerve- are being rewarded right now.

I'm not being wise after the event either, our performances weren't so bad even when results or conversion rates weren't going our way.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 4

I don't think I've ever said on here that I want Pearson out but I did say at the beginning of the season that if we weren't above 18th at the end of year then I think it would be best if he moved on, we weren't above 18th (I think we were 19th) so of course I quietly went about thinking he should probably go, of course as soon as he hadn't met my personal target for him we start playing well and getting results. I can't change my mind because that would just be a knee jerk reaction to what is good form, we had good form before the first international break and then it all came crashing down playing some really bad football (not the worst in the last 3 years but still bad) but I will accept that for the first time in about 5 years this does feel like an upturn that won't just fall apart, of course now I have said that qué a 10 game losing streak.

I will forgive him if we finish above 16th. In the meantime I will continue to hope that this form continues

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I don't think I've ever said on here that I want Pearson out but I did say at the beginning of the season that if we weren't above 18th at the end of year then I think it would be best if he moved on, we weren't above 18th (I think we were 19th) so of course I quietly went about thinking he should probably go, of course as soon as he hadn't met my personal target for him we start playing well and getting results. I can't change my mind because that would just be a knee jerk reaction to what is good form, we had good form before the first international break and then it all came crashing down playing some really bad football (not the worst in the last 3 years but still bad) but I will accept that for the first time in about 5 years this does feel like an upturn that won't just fall apart, of course now I have said that qué a 10 game losing streak.

I will forgive him if we finish above 16th. In the meantime I will continue to hope that this form continues

11 games unbeaten.... Chin up and get on board ?

6 minutes ago, Vidal said:

A sure sign that you’ve run out of ideas, nothing further to add. 

In a way you're right that sitting in 15th in the league (safety all but confirmed), isn't necessarily a reason for hubris, even accounting for the upheaval undertaken and progression of the young lads.

But, I think the key point currently is that we're 8th in the last 10 games form table above Norwich, Watford and Blackburn, so in the here and now, we're an impressive outfit. Plus 5th round of the FA Cup.

Now, if the next 10 games turns to shit, your skepticism may be justified. But if we continue the trend, then it would be foolish not to commend the team/gaffer/coaches.

Arguably, they've done such important work already in regeneration of the squad, 15th would be a great final position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozo said:

In a way you're right that sitting in 15th in the league (safety all but confirmed), isn't necessarily a reason for hubris, even accounting for the upheaval undertaken and progression of the young lads.

But, I think the key point currently is that we're 8th in the last 10 games form table above Norwich, Watford and Blackburn, so in the here and now, we're an impressive outfit. Plus 5th round of the FA Cup.

Now, if the next 10 games turns to shit, your skepticism may be justified. But if we continue the trend, then it would be foolish not to commend the team/gaffer/coaches.

Arguably, they've done such important work already in regeneration of the squad, 15th would be a great final position.

I agree with most of this. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Which is what a number of other championship sides are doing. Millwall, Sunderland being 2 examples…..and you’re right it’s not just about todays game, they are in the playoffs. We are 15th.

Oh for goodness sake wake up and smell the coffee. 11 unbeaten, numerous injuries, and we aren’t at end of season yet.  Plus if Millwall and/or Sunderland do go up they are likely to come back down pdq.

When we go up we shall have a core of a team that can stay up.  NP knows exactly where we are, imo, and knows what more has to be achieved to get promotion.

Believe in Nige.  Many of us oldies do

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Have always been Pro Pearson even in our bad days. He is the right man for this club, whether we see the success under him or not we have needed him as Manager. The club is changing behind the scenes, there has been a weak mentality within the club for years, it's needed an experienced and strong Manager to change this.

He is rude and he is obnoxious at times, so what. This club has been a pushover for far too long. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5
  • Robin 2

34 minutes ago, Vidal said:

You’re right that it’s not just about todays game, it’s about the upturn in form and performances since Boxing Day. 11 unbeaten……….that pretty impressive in my view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vidal said:

Played against a team who are 12th in the home league table and missing their best player. Sorry. A good point but no more. People on here acting like we’ve beaten Burnley away.

How desperate are you that you have to go to a home form table to make them seem a mid table side, rather than a team sitting in the play offs. Trotting out stats that don't really mean too much without any context. Missing their best player? Did we have any injuries by any chance? What about selling Semenyo just a few games ago, no loss to us or that doesn't count? 

As for being 15th, what did you expect this season with the squad that was available at the start of the season? Many (sane fans) would have snapped your arm off to finish 15th this season with a gradual improvement and consistency by the end of it, and if we finish in the top half it will be a huge achievement.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

44 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Punctuation wouldn’t go amiss

13 minutes ago, TheReds said:

How desperate are you that you have to go to a home form table to make them seem a mid table side, rather than a team sitting in the play offs. Trotting out stats that don't really mean too much without any context. Missing their best player? Did we have any injuries by any chance? What about selling Semenyo just a few games ago, no loss to us or that doesn't count? 

As for being 15th, what did you expect this season with the squad that was available at the start of the season? Many (sane fans) would have snapped your arm off to finish 15th this season with a gradual improvement and consistency by the end of it, and if we finish in the top half it will be a huge achievement.

Too many questions.

Nige inherited an absolute mess. The season Nige took over, we were getting dominated every single game, the morale was low and we looked certain for the drop.

We’ve had serious financial restraints and the players that have had new contracts, have been given them on reduced terms.

The way Nige has simultaneously cut reduced costs and improved the culture at the club has been impressive and he deserves great credit.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nige has had a really tough task to pretty much rebuild the entire football club after it had become a shambles under LJ and Ashton, plus having to reduce the wage bill at the same time.

The Baggies defeat on Boxing Day at AG seems to have been the turning point

Next up Hull City at AG and hopefully another 3 points to push up the table and who knows? maybe another penalty to the home team.

You forgot to say...............................

..........."He's a proper manager!"

?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Vidal said:

We’ve drawn 1-1 away to Sunderland with 2 shots on target. 15th in the league. Be positive but this is nauseating.

Going 11 games unbeaten, reaching the 5th round of the cup, unbeaten this year. Ye I’m positive about that, I wasn’t just on about yesterdays game. Try getting to a game you might enjoy yourself. But I doubt it 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pezo said:

Are you the Duke of Kent??  ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Red_Alligator said:

Today was a good day, with a well earned point on the road.I

Well played lads!

One game at a time......

Red Alligator. "Sunny Stockwood" I remember sitting on the wall at the edge of the beer garden at the Concorde pub late 70s during summer. I was back there in 2020 and a few pints in the bar.

• Like 1