IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Vidal said:

We’ve drawn 1-1 away to Sunderland with 2 shots on target. 15th in the league. Be positive but this is nauseating.

Being at the game today it felt so much encouraging than what the stats would make out. Hadn't seen us play with such audacity for a long time. Even if it had finished 1-0 I would have been happy with the performance.

I saw a young and hardworking team absolutely going for it and continuing to develop. Can't ask for more than that considering what the last four years have been like. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 2

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

My lad is up there and said similar. Chatting to a few Sunderland on the way back to Newcastle they said "in the top three teams, footballing wise, to come here". However he has been taught well enough to not then ask "so lads, do you prefer us or Da Gas?"...................

Sunderland commentary team was positive about us and in particular how we moved the ball out through the back line. I think they’d made a comment not many teams manage to do that at the SOL. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Vidal said:

We’ve drawn 1-1 away to Sunderland with 2 shots on target. 15th in the league. Be positive but this is nauseating.

Our young side, in front of 40k fans have come back from a goal down against a team who are 5th in the Championship, who were / are 4th in the form table. Absolutely there’s positivity. Long may it continue - these Saturdays are to be enjoyed. As at some point, possibly soon, we won’t win for a few games. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Vidal said:

People who spent their hard earned and went to the game including opposition fans say we played well. Misery guts fans who didn’t go and rely solely on stats to judge a game find it nauseating. Shame.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Sunderland commentary team was positive about us and in particular how we moved the ball out through the back line. I think they’d made a comment not many teams manage to do that at the SOL. 

Did you hear one of them call us "Birmingham City" during the match? Made me chuckle. 

2 hours ago, Roe said:

I really like Pearson tbf and think overall he's done/doing a good job here.

Let's be real though we are 15th in the league.

Statements like were15th . We’re rebuilding . As far as I’m concerned we’re miles above that in real terms . We finished the 08 season going into the play offs but hardly won a game in the run in. It’s where we are in relative terms . Your thinking is very rigid if it’s august to May . Team are always evolving or regressing . 
a example is the 2013/14 season . Start of the season we were a shambles , by the end of it we were looking very progressive . Season after we pissed league one 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Can see where your coming from a bit. 

There's a City fan on the Sunderland forum asking them how much better than Reading were we today.

Was on their matchday thread looking for love. To be fair they have not given any even stick,would imagine he has posted on their forum before.

Comes across as cringeworthy and would suggest he would get a different response on the Millwall Forum.

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I find it funny that it’s possible to be so definite in doom and gloom, ie we are gonna be relegated even though we haven’t reached that outcome, but in the opposite vain, we’re not allowed to be positive until we’ve reached the desired outcome.  Very pot and kettle.

100% I do get genuinely pissed off with knee jerk  statements . I’ve done this as a kid , but . This season in a nut shell. After 4 games , we’re ******* shit Pearson out clueless bastard. Then we go 9 unbeaten he’s a genius etc etc . I think that sniper proves my Point . Modern football fans are *******. Chill the **** out . It does take time 

just for @Marina's Rolls Royce

yes 

Nigel Is hitler 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1
  • Robin 2

24 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Statements like were15th . We’re rebuilding . As far as I’m concerned we’re miles above that in real terms . We finished the 08 season going into the play offs but hardly won a game in the run in. It’s where we are in relative terms . Your thinking is very rigid if it’s august to May . Team are always evolving or regressing . 
a example is the 2013/14 season . Start of the season we were a shambles , by the end of it we were looking very progressive . Season after we pissed league one 

Oh I agree, don't get me wrong. 

Just feel like things need to be kept in check. It wasn't long ago it felt like a slight majority was fed up of Pearson

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I find it funny that it’s possible to be so definite in doom and gloom, ie we are gonna be relegated even though we haven’t reached that outcome, but in the opposite vain, we’re not allowed to be positive until we’ve reached the desired outcome.  Very pot and kettle.

OK some are like that but most just show disappointment. It dosen't last long.

Take Wigan never went to the game thinking this should be easy against bottom of the league, but after taking the lead your hopping for more.

Not the best performance but decent . Can you be Gloom without the Doom?

The City are on the way up i'm sure of that future looks bright  it's looking as good as i can remember.

Forget my Gloom i don't know what i'm worried about!!!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

OK some are like that but most just show disappointment. It dosen't last long.

Take Wigan never went to the game thinking this should be easy against bottom of the league, but after taking the lead your hopping for more.

Not the best performance but decent . Can you be Gloom without the Doom?

The City are on the way up i'm sure of that future looks bright  it's looking as good as i can remember.

Forget my Gloom i don't know what i'm worried about!!!!

Yeah, wasn’t referring to all OTIBers, just a small group, a vocal group.

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

And the team, take a bow. We are slowly getting there. What a job he is doing 

Original post ^^^

22 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Nothing against being positive. I am positive about our upturn. OP is over the top with the praise though.

Really you think that’s over the top? 

• Like 1

This job is perfect for Nige, he’s never been a big spender although he probably would have liked a bit more cash to play with 

I love the fact he plays the long game with his man management and doesn’t buckle for short term gains 

He really is changing the mentality at the club around 

There will be a few more bumps and I’m sure it will get rocky for him again, especially on here 

• Like 3