IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

What is up with Will Smeed this season. He just can`t get going at all.

He may have just got out but Lammonby looked much more confident opening, I know Smeed has always been top order but wonder whether swapping Smeed and Lammonby could be an option

• Like 1

With such a talented squad it's hard to imagine them all failing, Dickson did ok.

Complacency maybe? And maybe after a record 5 straight easy victories it was coming and if it was coming against anyone....... 

Anyway a bit to bowl with for our star studded attack bur probably 25 short

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

I’d say 30, going to have to bowl out of our skins 

Yeah probably. I was expecting a little cameo from Green, Roelof or Craig and chasing 175 against this attack comes with so much more pressure than 150, so they should do this comfortably but we’ll never know what would have been enough. 

Absolutely incredible performance, the improvement in our T20 bowling the last couple of seasons is remarkable (of course signing Siddle and Henry helps)

There is no way the The KP Snacks Bullshit are going to leave Ben Green alone to captain our One Day Cup team. Has an impact on every game he plays the last couple of seasons.

Gutted for Leachy though just seeing the news.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Absolutely incredible performance, the improvement in our T20 bowling the last couple of seasons is remarkable (of course signing Siddle and Henry helps)

There is no way the The KP Snacks Bullshit are going to leave Ben Green alone to captain our One Day Cup team. Has an impact on every game he plays the last couple of seasons.

Gutted for Leachy though just seeing the news.

Yeah I was worried we’d miss Riley Rousseau but TKC has come in, not scored as many as Riley but with Henners also in it’s actually a stronger team.

Normally I’d be worried we’ve peaked too soon but last year we went to finals day having just smashed world records and that didn’t do us any good. So we’ll see. 

2 hours ago, TomF said:

Middlesex must be one of the worst T20 sides in history of tournament this year ?

Went to the game today and, although Glos were efficient, Middlesex looked like they had lost before they had started.  Their body language was dire. I have seen plenty of teams that are a bit thin on talent, but to go into  what was a winnable game for them (given that we beat them in the last over of the away match last week and that could have gone either way) and not show any sign of fight or positivity says it all.

21 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Went to the game today and, although Glos were efficient, Middlesex looked like they had lost before they had started.  Their body language was dire. I have seen plenty of teams that are a bit thin on talent, but to go into  what was a winnable game for them (given that we beat them in the last over of the away match last week and that could have gone either way) and not show any sign of fight or positivity says it all.

Perhaps it's a case of...............if we can't be the best, we can be the worst ?

• Haha 2