IGNORED

County Cricket 2023 Season

phantom

9 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

Unwatchable stream, Gibson on commentary, Vince looking unstoppable. Not great viewing thus far.

Really, really hope Abell isn’t injured as well.

It annoys me how secretive Somerset can be. Why can't they tell us why the changes when the team is announced? 

Vince out has cheered me up 

6 shy when Lammonby was 8 off 14

The question really needs to be asked of the coaches why Abell was left out, if its rotation then that's ridiculous if its a knock then fair enough. Hopefully this is a kick up the arse that we need to work to get out the group.

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

6 shy when Lammonby was 8 off 14

The question really needs to be asked of the coaches why Abell was left out, if its rotation then that's ridiculous if its a knock then fair enough. Hopefully this is a kick up the arse that we need to work to get out the group.

Both points very odd, Lammonby has won us games like that single handed before now and he’s looked good last couple of innings but it was like he couldn’t see the ball tonight.

we await news re Abell.

A win or 2 is all we probably need to qualify from 7 games so shouldn’t be a problem, though a home draw would be nice again. 

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Can't be too critical after the previous results but certainly not at the races tonight 

We were at the races for a lot of the night, well ahead at the halfway stage but like you say we can’t complain too much and it’s not like we’ve been well beaten, it could easily have gone either way 

13 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

We were at the races for a lot of the night, well ahead at the halfway stage but like you say we can’t complain too much and it’s not like we’ve been well beaten, it could easily have gone either way 

Yeah as said all I'd say is that it raises potential question marks about the lower middle order, if you want 6 bowling options then you have to ensure your top 5 is as strong as it can be. 

16 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Both points very odd, Lammonby has won us games like that single handed before now and he’s looked good last couple of innings but it was like he couldn’t see the ball tonight.

we await news re Abell.

A win or 2 is all we probably need to qualify from 7 games so shouldn’t be a problem, though a home draw would be nice again. 

I get that but each game this season so far I'd say when he's been lower order he's looked out of sorts, it was when he opened that he looked impressive, but he's not opening ahead of Smeed or Banton so does he need to be reconsidered, could you put him 3 and move Kohler-Cadmore to 4? Try and ensure TKC is there at the end of games?

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yeah as said all I'd say is that it raises potential question marks about the lower middle order, if you want 6 bowling options then you have to ensure your top 5 is as strong as it can be. 

I get that but each game this season so far I'd say when he's been lower order he's looked out of sorts, it was when he opened that he looked impressive, but he's not opening ahead of Smeed or Banton so does he need to be reconsidered, could you put him 3 and move Kohler-Cadmore to 4? Try and ensure TKC is there at the end of games?

I’m not overly bothered by the line up, we bat to 11 all of which are capable of taking 20 odd off the last 2 overs. There’s always room for tweaking I suppose, maybe Rew will up his white ball game, he’s so talented I’m sure he could. 

Its as good a team as we’ve ever had in T20, there’ll always be days where it doesn’t quite come off. In previous years we’d never have been in that game  but are cursing a narrow defeat tonight. 

2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m not overly bothered by the line up, we bat to 11 all of which are capable of taking 20 odd off the last 2 overs. There’s always room for tweaking I suppose, maybe Rew will up his white ball game, he’s so talented I’m sure he could. 

Its as good a team as we’ve ever had in T20, there’ll always be days where it doesn’t quite come off. In previous years we’d never have been in that game  but are cursing a narrow defeat tonight. 

Apparently Rew had an outrageous 2nd team white ball knock recently, think it was something like 80 off 30 ish 

• Flames 1

So poor old Abell struggling with his hamstring again.

Such a shame, it’s a recurring problem and has certainly cost him International honours. From memory he’s had it most years during high summer but this year he got it in the winter, costing him an England tour, I thought that might have meant he’d be ok for the summer.

I know next to nothing about these things, does anyone know if there’s an op to stop this happening?

Anyway, hopefully he’s recognised the symptoms early and a few days rest with a bit of physio will do the job……for now.

2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

So poor old Abell struggling with his hamstring again.

Such a shame, it’s a recurring problem and has certainly cost him International honours. From memory he’s had it most years during high summer but this year he got it in the winter, costing him an England tour, I thought that might have meant he’d be ok for the summer.

I know next to nothing about these things, does anyone know if there’s an op to stop this happening?

Anyway, hopefully he’s recognised the symptoms early and a few days rest with a bit of physio will do the job……for now.

It was a side strain he picked up bowling for the Lions that caused him to miss that England tour rather than his hamstring. You’re right about him missing large parts of the last two summers due to hamstring injuries though.

Hopefully this was safety first and being able to take absolutely no chances with him due to the good start they’ve got off to in this format.

12 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I thought Rew might have been chosen ahead of Dickson, but, to be fair to him, he (Dickson) has done quite well in the two matches he has played.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bearded_red said:

It was a side strain he picked up bowling for the Lions that caused him to miss that England tour rather than his hamstring. You’re right about him missing large parts of the last two summers due to hamstring injuries though.

Hopefully this was safety first and being able to take absolutely no chances with him due to the good start they’ve got off to in this format.

Ah yes you’re right, it was a side strain. I seem to remember he’s missed the majority of both Hundreds through hamstring injuries.