IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

4 minutes ago, mattjb said:

The black hirerite is an inset in the 88-90 kit in the historical kits 

4 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

No photo description available.

I see it, and I would have watched most games that season, and it still looks odd and unfamiliar .

Don't drink kids, and don't get old ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

Also I wonder when they say distributor if they actually produce the kits under licence and that it’s basically being farmed out to same places that the old were using?

I remember years ago Richard Gould (1st time as commercial manager) saying that they could get TFG to produce brands under licence.

I guess with ONeils we’re dealing first hand, maybe that’s the difference. 

I think you're probably on the money. 

I seem to remember that Errea produced some of the Bristol Sport kits I believe? 

We've had years of experience in this and were heavily involved with all the designs for the Hummel stuff so I imagine for us switching suppliers wasn't much of an issue. We bring a lot to the table.

However Coventry don't have any other options so have probably been forced to go along with whatever the new set up is.

42 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I see it, and I would have watched most games that season, and it still looks odd and unfamiliar .

Don't drink kids, and don't get old ?

You can see the black writing on both the home and away kit on the link.

I wonder if we will go yellow and green away kit?

32 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I had the stripey shirt in 89/90 but the kids one and it defo had black Hirerite writing, however the players kit had white writing

At the start of 1988/89 the player issue shirts had black Hirerite on it (the same as the replicas) - I think (and I might be wrong), that the white Hirerite logo appeared from the Forest televised cup tie onwards (maybe it was deemed easier to see than black on national TV?)

Bristol City Shirt on Twitter: "Carl Shutt & Rob Newman against Preston  as Russell Bromage scores for City in a 1-1 draw in September 1988  https://t.co/y5LA4VOZ06" / Twitter

Edited by Ronnie Sinclair
  • Like 2