IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

Nice and clear FAQ’s from the Club which is good - this shirt is for the remainder of this season and next. An away kit will be announced in due course. 

Hummel were being a problem and we’ve solved it. 

I’m 50/50 on the shirt design - but it blows me away how angry some people get at a kit they don’t like. Some you’ll like, some you won’t. There’ll be a new one season after next, just relax!

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do you make all your life choices on a 'tinpot' factor? 

I really struggle to understand how a brand that has survived over 100 years can be 'tinpot'. 

Especially to then suggest Joma which nearly every park team I’ve played for have worn because it’s cheap. (I realise they do pro teams as well)

Anyway, looks like my guess was right - Hummel can’t even provide Matchday kit now so we’ve had to change ASAP. 

aa bit disappointed because I loved this years shirts and that home shirt looks a bit crap. I get the retro style but it literally looks like a shirt from the 80s in terms of style and fit. Much prefer the 17/18 version of retro, this looks like a score draw knock off IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Wasn't a fan of the shirt in 1989, so this change concerns me with regards to future designs... 

The club are to blame for the hummel stock levels because they didn't order enough in the first place.... 

Think your confusing stock levels on the retail side of the business with the main issue, Hummel look couldn’t supply us with kit for the playing squad. A kit supplier should be able to provide kit for the entire season. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably means "We are trying to get permission from the EFL (and other relevant bodies) to allow us to switch kits halfway through a season."

Nice shirt, reminds me of our last pinstripe effort from 2017/18...we all know what happened that season.

Bristol City 2-1 Manchester United: Korey Smith nets dramatic winner |  Football News | Sky Sports

We lost to Man City and our league season finished in disappointment?

Sorry… just messing

• Like 1

Something has occurred to me.

There are typically subtle differences between the shirts that go to the playing squad and the ones that are available for the fans. Player edition shirts often have a little hologram on them as well. 

Some clubs even sell two types of shirt - an ‘elite’ version (meant to represent the closest you can get to the athletic and borderline skin-tight player cut/fit) shirts and a ‘plebs’ version (typically looser and perhaps more suitable for your average pasty enthusiast city supporter).

Given Hummel’s (or rather Elite Sports) monumental blunders, and having read between the lines of the various statements which have been released today implying that the playing squad literally ran out of kit, I wonder if in any of the games this season any of our sides have been wearing the shirts that would/should’ve been in the club shop (I.e. the cheap versions for the plebs)?

• Like 3

• The title was changed to O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)
30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Definite 89/90 Bountyhunter vibes in this shirt.

Expecting to suddenly see @Bristol Oil Services in a bucket hat before those Welsh fans stole his sartorial style, @Merrick's Marvels & me still with hair & @77 punk exhibiting the sort of “enthusiasm” that seemed to have disappeared from him since Gary Johnson left..

Nostalgia's all we've got left, my friend ?

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

I don’t buy the shirts anymore, and im not overly bothered about how they look - it’s more important having the right players wearing them ?

That said the one thing I’m confident about with those moaning about the new Supplier being a somewhat lesser known brand, is that with our new management team I’m sure we will have to very best deal available which is very important considering our long term financial plan 

• Like 1