IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

5 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

So it was Hummel kit signed off in the autumn, and O'Neills have now had to design and produce new kits in 4 weeks?

Or did we give them the Hummel designs and tell them to "make this", and then sorted Hummel's complaints out in the background?

Sorry, are you saying we're changing kit halfway through a season? Have we had EFL clearance for that? EFL reg 39.1 says that "No changes either in the kit or combination of colours of kits shall be permitted during the course of the Season." We are allowed one home game per season where we wear a different kit (see the 125th anniversary game v Fulham a few seasons ago), are you saying that tomorrow is that one game?

Yes that’s what I was saying 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

time for new kit bingo:

Prefer a collar

Dont like the badge

Dont like the sponsor

Looks cheap

Don't like the colour

Can we also add...

'It'll look crap with my snide Stone Island jumper under it'

'We should have got Canada Goose to make our shits and had a collar made from real fur, true supporters would have easily found £600 for a top' 

'Bet the goal keeper shirt isn't as nice'

'Should have stuck with a company that wouldn't have been able to get any shirts to us'

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Sounds like we were struggling to get kit over for the playing squads, hence having to fast track the new kits. 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I read it as soon as we have enough stock for the whole squad to start using it we will

Seems like there is a lack of spare kit for the current squad hence having to update

As above. Comments about changing mid-season are stupid, it's quite clear that by doing this, along with the supply issues of replica kit (most of which have probably been used by the squad if there's that much of an issue), means that if you have no new kit to wear, and can't get any of your existing kit, then something has to give. 

By bringing forward next seasons kit, it means that we haven't got to play in skins!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

From huboo's website it looks like they have changed their logo. The IPO office site shows that new trademarks were registered in November 2022 with the capitalised H. So they've taken the opportunity to update.

I realised this ages ago and thought it was a bit of a strange decision to make, the timing I mean. They were sponsoring us, had their name everywhere but once they had rebranded everything was 'out of date'. 

Regarding the Hummel change, it's a good thing we are keeping Huboo. Imagine the mess we would be in if we had to change kit supplier now and sponsors in 3 months!

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned, but we must be getting a new keepers shirt too. Any guesses? Retro so possibly green and plain, or 'way out there', I think maybe the latter!

Just now, RedM said:

I realised this ages ago and thought it was a bit of a strange decision to make, the timing I mean. They were sponsoring us, had their name everywhere but once they had rebranded everything was 'out of date'. 

Regarding the Hummel change, it's a good thing we are keeping Huboo. Imagine the mess we would be in if we had to change kit supplier now and sponsors in 3 months!

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned, but we must be getting a new keepers shirt too. Any guesses? Retro so possibly green and plain, or 'way out there', I think maybe the latter!

Look at the last few seconds of this - putting another packaged shirt on top of the red one (its blurry but it looks colourful, possibly a GK jersey?) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’m not a great fan of pinstripes, but I’m not the target audience. #moaningforthesakeofit
Shame, I really liked the Robin kit. ?

it’ll look ok from the South Stand, I’m sure. COYRs 

Same. I think It’ll be fine on the players in matches but not for me as a shirt to be worn out and about.

But as you say, it’s not really fifty somethings like me they’re trying to persuade to buy it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

Same. I think It’ll be fine on the players in matches but not for me as a shirt to be worn out and about.

But as you say, it’s not really fifty somethings like me they’re trying to persuade to buy it. 

Be interesting to see if the deal they've got with O'Neills gives them enough of a margin to offer free kids shirts as part of the Season Ticket price. 

13 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Bit annoying the replica kit I bought my son for this season is already obsolete in February. 

This.

my view is the club should offer at least a discounted price to people who bought the Hummel kit this season. They knew this deal was coming, it's really not right to be still selling the old kit without making an announcement.

it's not hard to do a trade in deal.

• Robin 1

The Hummel kits have been class and I thought this seasons home shirt looked really smart. 

I'm a bit annoyed that my home shirt is now out of date in Feb but with the 1st team running out of shirts then we had no other option. 

It does feel like we have gone back to the Bristol Sport days tho. But it's great that an Irish/British company have been able to step in at short notice.