IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

"A new home strip follows the announcement of the club’s new partnership with Irish sporting goods manufacturer O’Neills, which will see all City teams switch kits as soon as physically possible.

Presumably means "We are trying to get permission from the EFL (and other relevant bodies) to allow us to switch kits halfway through a season."

Nice shirt, reminds me of our last pinstripe effort from 2017/18...we all know what happened that season.

Bristol City 2-1 Manchester United: Korey Smith nets dramatic winner |  Football News | Sky Sports

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

Who’s moaning? I just expressed surprise.

Fair enough.   I read it as you were having a go at those that do care:

‘I have to say I’m astonished at how much other people know (and care) about various kit making firms.’  

My apologies.  

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Do you make all your life choices on a 'tinpot' factor? 

I really struggle to understand how a brand that has survived over 100 years can be 'tinpot'. 

I think it’s more the fact that Hummel was such an iconic and worldwide recognised brand, so to go from that to a brand that very few would have even heard of will probably be why its being seen as a bit tinpot.

To be honest you only have to look at the football clubs they supply on their website, all clubs i have never heard of bar Wycombe. Says it all really.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bris Red said:

I think it’s more the fact that Hummel was such an iconic and worldwide recognised brand, so to go from that to a brand that very few would have even heard of will probably be why its being seen as a bit tinpot.

To be honest you only have to look at the football clubs they supply on their website, all clubs i have never heard of bar Wycombe. Says it all really.

Being seen as tinpot by you and a few others, not universally so doesn’t make it fact.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is truly is an abhorration …. so cheap looking… league 2 standard at best.

Can’t see our younger fans snapping these shirts up… I mean them being brand conscious… 

Even the gas have a more credible shirt manufacturer…

just soo badly advised… who signed this off at the club? Bermuda Jon?

Edited by SouthStand Sandwich
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair enough.   I read it as you were having a go at those that do care:

‘I have to say I’m astonished at how much other people know (and care) about various kit making firms.’  

My apologies.  

That’s ok. I’m sure we all have ridiculous depth of knowledge about some obscure topic that others would consider decidedly odd. I know I do!

11 minutes ago, LeeJohnsonsFlatCap said:

There is a FAQ's on the website now addressing the kit 

Is it technically, an FAQ - or is it more a case of 'likely to be asked questions answered'?

I don't imagine the club have been inundated with questions today that would have allowed any sort of frequency weighting to be applied.

THIS IS TYPICAL OF THIS CLUB. ALWAYS LETTING US DOWN WITH THEIR LIES AND SHODDY COMMUNICATION.

(Just getting the rant out of the way before people with various opinions decide that everything is rubbish and that it's all the fault of Mark Ashton, LJ, JL and someone else). Hopefully, some of our more highly strung posters will relax a bit now that the details have been released. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

But they also have a pub chain and a cracking line in surf gear, hardly tinpot babber ☺

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Presumably means "We are trying to get permission from the EFL (and other relevant bodies) to allow us to switch kits halfway through a season."

I read it as soon as we have enough stock for the whole squad to start using it we will

Seems like there is a lack of spare kit for the current squad hence having to update

• Like 1

Definite 89/90 Bountyhunter vibes in this shirt.

Expecting to suddenly see @Bristol Oil Services in a bucket hat before those Welsh fans stole his sartorial style, @Merrick's Marvels & me still with hair & @77 punk exhibiting the sort of “enthusiasm” that seemed to have disappeared from him since Gary Johnson left..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1