IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

O’Neills were confirmed as the new supplier at the Senior Reds lunch with SL last Thursday. SL also wants to see the return of a printed program rather than just a digital version. 

Really?! How has that information not come to light until now? Not a dicky bird about it anywhere else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really?! How has that information not come to light until now? Not a dicky bird about it anywhere else.

Just passing on what I was told by people who were there. I presume SL wouldn’t have said it if it was still embargoed or commercially sensitive. But don’t tell anyone or put it on a form or anything just in case. 

It would be deeply upsetting to move away from Hummel, the kits have been very imaginative (if not always my cup of tea). This year's away and third kits are excellent.

If we do move, it HAS to be to someone who will provide 'bespoke' kits - no more bl00dy templates, like the Star Trek abhorrence from Adidas.

1 minute ago, SecretSam said:

It would be deeply upsetting to move away from Hummel, the kits have been very imaginative (if not always my cup of tea). This year's away and third kits are excellent.

If we do move, it HAS to be to someone who will provide 'bespoke' kits - no more bl00dy templates, like the Star Trek abhorrence from Adidas.

Deeply upsetting? You must really love those Hummel kits!

• Haha 1

Just now, Stortz said:

I actually quite like those. As for 'being shy about their history', you have to understand the context of that Derry shirt.

As for Rangers, **** 'em

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

They are 'us' to most people watching - they literally represent our identity. So it's really, really important.

With all due respect, you need to get a grip.  It doesn't matter what the kit design is or who supplies it, the universal truth is some people will like it some won't, and Hummel by no means have the monopoly on great kits, 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

What's the point of having a nice kit if you can't sell it because you can't get hold of any stock?

I appreciate that and the club have to do what they have to do but issues with kit whether it be design, distribution or availability seems to have been going on for years whilst JL has bern involved

• Like 2

I remember when O'Neill's used to supply our university football team kits..... so have to admit, not a brand I would outline as premium for us.

That said - if we want custom kit, at present the choices are slim pickings unless you go to a 'lower' manufacturer brand or can sell in excess of 50,000 shirts - and the club would have had to take on that risk to do so. That's per shirt template, NOT collective Home, Away and 3rd Kits. This leaves us with little choice, if we want bespoke which is something that has been sighted and referenced in fans forums and feedback sessions as a critical part of the BCFC identity. 

Where they may be hope is with what they have done for Wycombe - https://www.oneills.com/uk_en/shop-by-team/soccer/soccer-clubs/wycombe-wanderers-fc.html

It is a real shame that the Hummel tie-up has come to an end, the last few years shirts have been very good - with the designs and options, and in particular, other clothing like warm up tops and over jackets etc. being unique and of a decent quality. 

Real shame about Hummel if true.   Best kits we have had for an age.   But to be going to O’Neills? Really City? They are terrible and are essentially a hurling kit provider. Everything they produce just looks terrible  Mind you I can’t stand Castore either - the Sketchers of the football shirt market - so I guess that’s a bullet missed.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

What's the point of having a nice kit if you can't sell it because you can't get hold of any stock?

I agree with this, but I think because the Hummel kits are just so good in terms of design and quality, we would have been willing to forgive the supply issues this season on the assumption that new kits would be supplied in August.

Moving to an unknown brand of questionable quality, after such a good partnership with a good brand - supply issues aside - feels like a backward step.

58 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Each to their own etc but that’s one of my favourite tops for years. 

Absolutely it’s each to their own.

I don’t mind it & am also conscious that if our second shirt is white (personally I really like that one) with Stoke, Sheff U etc in the division the choice of the third is a bit more important, we had black & I never took to that, not a fan of green & it isn’t going to be blue, then it needs to be distinctive.

Aside from that truly awful centenary shirt I’ve not disliked any home shirt as much as this season’s, it hasn’t grown on me at all, still looks like Arsenal or Rotherham.

I’ll be very happy if it goes after a year.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I actually quite like those. As for 'being shy about their history', you have to understand the context of that Derry shirt.

As for Rangers, **** 'em

I understand the context entirely thank you, so no need for the patronising.

There was no judgement from me,  just an observation that it's unusual for a kit supplier to be so overtly political. I don't think there's a Bloody Sunday FC is there?

Edited by Stortz

O'Neills are a GAA supplier. I didn't know they'd started supplying football kits but their GAA stuff is quality. I have jerseys from almost 20 years ago which are still in great condition.

Don't mind them calling it soccer. As View from the Dolman says, we have our own football code. Soccer is an English term anyway, not an Americanism.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

If this is true, reading between the lines it seems we could be switching kits immediately. 

This could be an operational thing. You can't buy a mens shirt from the online shop so it could be that the teams are running low on stock also and can't replace them. 

The signs point to something being amiss here (disappearence of the sponsor from the website) but it's incredibly rare for a team to change shirt mid-season, I can't recall a time off the top of my head?

32 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

O’Neills were confirmed as the new supplier at the Senior Reds lunch with SL last Thursday. SL also wants to see the return of a printed program rather than just a digital version. 

Odd that it's taken that long for the news to break on here then

The writing was on the wall from this point onwards when the suppliers went bust...

Supply is one of the main aspects of any kit contract - no point being a 'nice' brand like Hummel if they cant keep the club shop stocked, the club will realise how much revenue they lost over Christmas and opportunities like the Man City and want to rectify it as soon as possible, looks like other clubs have already jumped ship. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1