IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I read somewhere that one club give their players two shirts of each type (home, away, third) and once they give them away they charge them say £50 for any they give away after that.  I can’t remember which player / club it was though….and as you say I suspect most clubs get through several sets of kit in a season.

I know of players being given 6 (regardless of which kit) per season they can give away, after that they get charged the retail price to replace it

• Like 1

Being a Gator of a certain age (and girth) I no longer find myself looking super attractive in a replica shirt, so it's not something I'd be looking to buy anyway.

However, I do like the home kit, probably because it looks 1980's to me, which were my teenage years.

So retro chic then, much like myself.

51 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I’d argue it’s iconic but I’m always a glass half full kinda bloke

I'm generally pretty positive I just think there should be some consumer protection for stuff like this.

If Man U changed their kit half way through a season it would be on the news and newspapers would be filled with parents in full compo-face mode.

Football kits are really expensive for a lot of people and for them to be changed with little, to no warning, is pretty shitty IMO. Especially when a lot of the time these items are bought for children.

If city sold any hummell replica kit on wednesday during the England game for example, knowing a new kit was coming a few day later,that would be bang out of order and I hope they didn't.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I'm generally pretty positive I just think there should be some consumer protection for stuff like this.

If Man U changed their kit half way through a season it would be on the news and newspapers would be filled with parents in full compo-face mode.

Football kits are really expensive for a lot of people and for them to be changed with little, to no warning, is pretty shitty IMO. Especially when a lot of the time these items are bought for children.

If city sold any hummell replica kit on wednesday during the England game for example, knowing a new kit was coming a few day later,that would be bang out of order and I hope they didn't.

But the existing kit would be pretty much dead in 2-3 months time anyway.

7 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I think this is a reasonable point. We can all agree, for example, the rewards scheme has been ham fisted at best. This week, they added loads of Hummel gear knowing it would be obsolete. Blackout gear - no issue. Shorts that will never be worn again - a bit naughty.

• Like 3

Perhaps relevant, not sure if Hummel could peruse it now given what happened though, article from November

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/hummel-suing-rangers-95-million-28571489

Hummel is suing Rangers for £9.5m in lost kit sales as a judge has ordered the club to release sales figures.

Elite Sportswear, the company behind the former kit manufacturers to the Ibrox club, lodged court papers and the Danish firm launched proceedings at the Court of Session in Edinburgh this week.

It is understood that the figures in question relate to club store on Glasgow’s Argyle Street, as well as in Belfast and online.

The court was told that within six weeks of entering into a contractual agreement in September 2018 Rangers were found to be “not performing” as per the agreement.

Elite Sportswear's KC, David Thompson, told presiding judge Lord Braid that they are still none the wiser as to what the exact sales figures for the period are. He therefore ruled that the Ibrox club must now disclose the numbers requested.

Lord Braid said: “In September 2018 the parties entered into a contract for Elite Sports to supply Hummel kits and replica kits and had worldwide rights to distribute Rangers related products.

“The decision in London by Mr Justice Teare in October 2018 resulted in the business not performing its obligations as part of the contract - it is clear to me that Rangers entered into this contract and have failed to perform.

“We are seeking loss of profit suffered by the pursuer for season 2018/19, 20/21 and up to and including September 2023 - at this stage the exact sales figures of shirts sold are still unknown and all we have is an estimate.”

In June, JD Sports and Elite Sports confessed to "cartel activity" in illegally fixing the retail prices of Rangers-branded replica kits and other clothing.

The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said the price fixing took place from September 2018 until at least July 2019.

The football club also took part in the alleged collusion, but "only to the extent" of fixing the retail price of adult home short-sleeved replica shirts from September 2018 to at least mid-November 2018.

The CMA stated that all three parties allegedly colluded to stop JD Sports undercutting the retail price of the shirt on Elite’s Gers Online store.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Kits are way to expensive IMO, and we shouldn't change all 3 kits every year either.

This is different. We haven't had kits to sell for ages, and possibly because they sell match worn shirts every week (for charity I believe) they were worried they wouldn't have the stock to cover the first team. I don't think this is profiteering at all.
TBF another thing loads on here have moaned about is being able to buy the new shirt to wear on holiday in the summer, at least that will be sorted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Kits are way to expensive IMO, and we shouldn't change all 3 kits every year either.

This is different. We haven't had kits to sell for ages, and possibly because they sell match worn shirts every week (for charity I believe) they were worried they wouldn't have the stock to cover the first team. I don't think this is profiteering at all.
TBF another thing loads on here have moaned about is being able to buy the new shirt to wear on holiday in the summer, at least that will be sorted.

NgL having an up to date replica kit to wear on holiday does feel like a a very privileged problem to have in the current climate.

Sorry to rant I think this whole thing is really anti-consumer and borderline exploitative, really pissed me off. 

If city didn't procure enough first team kit for the whole season then that's just flat out incompetent, I genuinely do not believe they do not have enough kit for each first team player to make it to the end of the season.

I'm going to bed :laugh: ? 

6 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

The last football shirt I bought was an England one for the 2004 euros, it was a reversible one, and it had the dates that the kit would be valid for on it.  I appreciate England have their kits for longer that clubs, but still good to know esp if you were buying the kit near the wear by date!

I agree though, it's not great to change kits like this as there will be some element of pressure on parents to buy the new one for kids, but it's not really happened before and probably won't again.  I guess it's a shame that there hasn't really been any acknowledgement that thousands of people will have already bought the previous shirt and all the kit etc and now the club have changed it mid season (for valid reasons) but havnt wanted to mention it in the slick launch videos that they at least appreciate the ££££ spent by fans already at a difficult time, unless I've missed it?

B563BAC6-8DD2-4340-A369-496EFBA36C06.jpeg

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

If city didn't procure enough first team kit for the whole season then that's just flat out incompetent, I genuinely do not believe they do not have enough kit for each first team player to make it to the end of the season.

I'm going to bed :laugh: ? 

I bet you this will have come about because City wanted to add some sleeve sponsors for the cup game rich means a whole new set of shirts. 

• Like 1

I got to page 10 of this thread before losing the will to live.

I am surprised at how many people seem to have time to peruse the fashion magazines and visit the catwalks of Paris, in-between matches, judging by the massive amount of knowledge about brands and alternative designs. 

It's a shirt for playing football in, generally the cut is roughly the same, and the design can either by plain and classy or something more off the wall. Which ever is chosen a few people will like it, and a few won't. That's the same with all clothes though, and the reason that when you walk in a clothes shop there isn't just one option to buy. 

The leisure wear will hopefully have a bit more variety about it as that's something I am more likely to wear.

• Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, Dredd said:

I bet you this will have come about because City wanted to add some sleeve sponsors for the cup game rich means a whole new set of shirts. 

Quite possible, you’d probably then need 40 new shirts, another sponsor on the other side of the back of the shorts as well perhaps? Do City players actually wear the same shirt that fans buy or is it one of those where it’s a ‘performance’ shirt and therefore slightly different and you couldn’t just take from club stock (which we don’t have anyway….)

10 hours ago, TBW said:

Yep. Go watch and read the info the club have out out first. After that, then see what questions remain. You're asking things which have been answered already.

Standard forum procedure that isn't it. 

I'm sorry but I was busy working/living and didn't have the opportunity to watch videos mid shift. 

I'm am happy there are people who are nicer, more respectful and helpful than you are on here and would like to thank them.

As for you, well you didn't have to respond and you have shown yourself as the opposite, thanks for nothing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Maybe the club and Hummel have fallen out over all of this.  Different situation at Coventry as they haven’t used the company that has gone bust 

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I read somewhere that one club give their players two shirts of each type (home, away, third) and once they give them away they charge them say £50 for any they give away after that.  I can’t remember which player / club it was though….and as you say I suspect most clubs get through several sets of kit in a season.

Peter Crouch in one of his podcasts mentioned he only gave one shirt away then got charged £50 by the club for a replacement. That's why the cardboard begging signs are so annoying, basically they're asking a player to give them £50.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

4 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

As I said earlier.
This seems a recent development . Sportspro , who effectively take over from Elite as distributors , head hunted some of Elites top staff apparently. That means since November there has been no guarantee of supplies etc going forward. City have made the decision to change, makes sense to me.
Not sure how long you wait to see what happens, some Club shops have been closed as Elite were running the shops and online sales. Southampton and Millwall have big sales on ATM, so maybe they will change too.

10 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Maybe the club and Hummel have fallen out over all of this.  Different situation at Coventry as they haven’t used the company that has gone bust 

They did, it was only Everton that didn't go through Elite, it was reported that they had terminated the deal with Hummel when Elite went into Admin. Coventry originally closed shops due to lack of stock. 
Just had a read and they had announced their income had increased 4x since the link with Hummel, you can see why they were keen to continue.

End of the season will be interesting to see who else sticks with them. They may have linked up with Sportspro in time to save some link ups, but if Clubs wanted assurances that they'd have new stock come the end of the season, maybe not all of them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Midred said:

I wonder how many other clubs supplied by Hummel are in the same position?

On the basis that no others are reported as terminating early and assuming City's first team does not get through shirts at a much faster rate than other clubs, there is something not being said here.

So following logic, the only unique thing to  us versus other clubs as far as I'm aware, is that our shirt sponsor has changed their logo and knowing how stage managed brand transformation is, they would quite likely have offered to pay to replace all the players shirts even if each have a supply of 6 per player for the season.

City call in the request, supplier no longer solvent and can't accommodate a whole new line of printed player shirts, City cite breach of contract and take Huboo's new brand cash to O'Neils to get it done.

Unless other Hummel clubs change shirts mid-season then I can't see a more logical explanation especially as training gear for non matchdays (ie stuff without huboo Huboo on it) doesn't seem to be affected.

• Like 3