IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

On the basis that no others are reported as terminating early and assuming City's first team does not get through shirts at a much faster rate than other clubs, there is something not being said here.

So following logic, the only unique thing to  us versus other clubs as far as I'm aware, is that our shirt sponsor has changed their logo and knowing how stage managed brand transformation is, they would quite likely have offered to pay to replace all the players shirts even if each have a supply of 6 per player for the season.

City call in the request, supplier no longer solvent and can't accommodate a whole new line of printed player shirts, City cite breach of contract and take Huboo's new brand cash to O'Neils to get it done.

Unless other Hummel clubs change shirts mid-season then I can't see a more logical explanation especially as training gear for non matchdays (ie stuff without huboo Huboo on it) doesn't seem to be affected.

Reading between JL's statement, and Coventry's... I wouldn't be surprised if Hummel kept telling City a new distributor was coming, City gave up on waiting (or couldn't wait any longer) and pulled the trigger and now Hummel have found a new supplier City had already started work with O'Neill's.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dredd said:

I bet you this will have come about because City wanted to add some sleeve sponsors for the cup game rich means a whole new set of shirts. 

I suggested this earlier but not the clubs decision. There will be different sleeve patches for the cup game as required by the FA (not the club) and I assume that means new kit - I’m guessing Hummel haven’t been able to deliver that

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Standard forum procedure that isn't it. 

I'm sorry but I was busy working/living and didn't have the opportunity to watch videos mid shift. 

I'm am happy there are people who are nicer, more respectful and helpful than you are on here and would like to thank them.

As for you, well you didn't have to respond and you have shown yourself as the opposite, thanks for nothing.

Time to write messages asking questions and reading the responses though. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Olé said:

On the basis that no others are reported as terminating early and assuming City's first team does not get through shirts at a much faster rate than other clubs, there is something not being said here.

So following logic, the only unique thing to  us versus other clubs as far as I'm aware, is that our shirt sponsor has changed their logo and knowing how stage managed brand transformation is, they would quite likely have offered to pay to replace all the players shirts even if each have a supply of 6 per player for the season.

City call in the request, supplier no longer solvent and can't accommodate a whole new line of printed player shirts, City cite breach of contract and take Huboo's new brand cash to O'Neils to get it done.

Unless other Hummel clubs change shirts mid-season then I can't see a more logical explanation especially as training gear for non matchdays (ie stuff without huboo Huboo on it) doesn't seem to be affected.

Anyone else with Hummel still in the FA cup?

• Like 1

It's a bit bizarre that city are using photos to promo the new kit (first photo is from a tweet today) that show a badge that is within the fabric and not sewn on. I wonder what the point of that is, will we be offering a cheaper version as well as the sewn-on version? 

badge1.png

20230221_bcfc_home_kit_23_24_rt_187.jpg

badg2.png

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That looks like fine stitching to me when I zoom in on the shirt?

In the second and third pictures yes, but the first one is definitely just printed on, you can even see the texture of the fabric in the badge itself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I suggested this earlier but not the clubs decision. There will be different sleeve patches for the cup game as required by the FA (not the club) and I assume that means new kit - I’m guessing Hummel haven’t been able to deliver that

You'd think (hope) we still have the kits with the FA Cup badges on the sleeve rather than the Championship ones. I was more thinking there's a commercial sponsor - I think we added JD Sports to the sleeve when we played United/City

24 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Given that they expect to have this stocked in the shop in the not too distant, will this summer be the first time in years the club haven't been accused of missing a trick and not having the new shirt available for those who want to spend two weeks by the pool in Crete.

There'll be some other reason for a whine, there always is.

12 hours ago, Lrrr said:

I know of players being given 6 (regardless of which kit) per season they can give away, after that they get charged the retail price to replace it

I believe Scotty was relieved when both Massengo and Semenyo left!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RedRock said:

None the wiser. It’s at times like this I regret not attending my needlework classes at school. 

https://www.marthastewart.com/7794531/how-applique-with-sewing-machine

A new possible 8 letter word for Countdown to add to my list. :) Just need to check if it can be used as a verb "appliqued" or be pluralised "appliques" :)

18 hours ago, mattjb said:

The only City shirt I possess is the one with the tramlines but black hirerite logo, was that before or after the white hirerite logo shirt? 
my 11 year old daughter wears it as a night dress occasionally but maybe I ought to wear it now,amazingly it still fits!   My girl is a bit miffed her two shirts of this season are already out of date but I guess they didn’t have much choice but to change them.

The original kit was introduced for the 1988/89 season and had the black Hirerite logo. Kits back then lasted for 2 seasons. The Hirerite logo changed to white just before the Forest League Cup semi-final in February 1989 which was shown live on ITV, presumably because the white stood out better on tv. This shirt was kept for the 1989/90 season, but you couldn't buy a shirt with the white Hirerite. Only the black Hirerite was made available to fans.