IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

35 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Players generally cut holes in their socks in order to reduce pressure on the calf muscles, which are often restricted by the form-fitting, snug nature of the garment.

For players who have bulging leg muscles, socks can prove particularly restrictive, causing difficulties with effective bloodflow and circulation, as well as breathability.

Therefore, players will often move to cut up their socks, in order to remove the problem and help improve their game.

Thanks for the insight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Some will actually cut the whole foot off the sock, and just leave from the ankle up. And wear a thinner shorter sock on the foot. 

The socks aren’t thinner, they are grip socks which are equally as think. They have small rubber parts on the sole and heal which stops the players feet moving around in their boots. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SBB said:

The socks aren’t thinner, they are grip socks which are equally as think. They have small rubber parts on the sole and heal which stops the players feet moving around in their boots. 

Cheers mate...I couldn't remember what they were called last night, one too many Rattlers. ? I've worn them in the past when playing golf. They really do make a difference. They are thinner than a football sock. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/grip-socks-football/s?k=grip+socks+football

Edited by spudski
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

£12.. pretty shoddy badge but it’ll do the Hummel ones they did were top quality, currently waiting in the yellow shirt but till I see the real thing in the shop I can’t compare just yet

Is that DHGate? Not half bad if they've just eyeballed that based off pictures from the Bristol post

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

Ah yes Adidas we definitely didn't have any supply issues with them in the past.... 

We seem to regularly have “supply issues”.  Wonder whether the club aren’t helping things? Hedging their bets and not ordering enough to make them important to the supplier? Just a thought. 

By the way those Aberdeen “templates” look great. So much better than ours and somehow just do not look cheap. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

We seem to regularly have “supply issues”.  Wonder whether the club aren’t helping things? Hedging their bets and not ordering enough to make them important to the supplier? Just a thought. 

By the way those Aberdeen “templates” look great. So much better than ours and somehow just do not look cheap. 

I think in general championship teams always come 2nd best when if comes to supply compared to Premier league . I do prefer the hummer adidas kits but if more people can get their hands on the kit all  year old round with O neils then I see this as a better deal for the fan, although we are yet to see the away kit and training gear . 

2 hours ago, miketh2nd said:

I think in general championship teams always come 2nd best when if comes to supply compared to Premier league . I do prefer the hummer adidas kits but if more people can get their hands on the kit all  year old round with O neils then I see this as a better deal for the fan, although we are yet to see the away kit and training gear . 

There was supply issuers with Hummel & adidas . There won’t be for the latest kits because not many will be buying them . Especially that yellow debacle 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

New academy graduates photos showing the quality of the new training gear also… Iron on your own badge I see.. guessing that square has been left by the printing ??

329DC480-D379-409A-AAB5-7241DE537AB4.png

711BC9C1-2AA8-4357-AD05-A946EA517EBF.jpeg

How could the club think this is better than Hummel? The club should have worked with Hummel to sort out the distribution issues like every other club in England has done instead of end up with a kit supplier that wouldn't look out of place in the Downs League.   

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mr X said:

How could the club think this is better than Hummel? The club should have worked with Hummel to sort out the distribution issues like every other club in England has done instead of end up with a kit supplier that wouldn't look out of place in the Downs League.   

They don't think it's better it'll be a money decision. 

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Bit harsh on the Downs League!!! ??

8 hours ago, Bris Red said:

******* embarrassing 

Abysmal isn’t it.

Really does look like they’ve gone to a Poundland shop, then ironed on a badge transfer. You’d think that having won a contract a company would initially try an impress their client with their wares. OK when you’re running a contract down with no chance of re-engagement take the p*ss, but this is just shocking at this stage of a client relationship.

I’ll just give them the benefit of doubt that they just aren’t geared up to supply quality clothing - which makes you wonder why we engaged them in the first place - but come the Summer and retail sales time they will significantly raise their game (and product quality).

It has been a totally underwhelming start though and if I had entered a contract with them, I’d already be reading the riot act. 

In all this mess, I do wonder where our new CEO is and why he hasn’t issued a statement about the (lack of) quality of their products. Could it be he’s a bit embarrassed about how this relationship is working out I wonder? Not a good start.