IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

Bristol Bears Director, Jon Lansdown said: “We’re delighted to announce the partnership with O’Neills to become our new kit supplier across our men’s, women’s, and academy teams.

“Their products are manufactured within the UK which is a rarity in the industry and a benefit from a sustainability point of view, as well as ensuring a strong supply chain of products for both our squad and supporters throughout the year.

“Our iconic kits are a key part of our history and identity, and we believe O’Neills will allow us to continue to pioneer our kit designs for years to come.”

Bristol Sport Chief Commercial Officer, Sarah Farrar said: “We’re incredibly pleased to welcome O’Neills to our family of partners and we look forward to bringing our fans a range of new and exciting products.

“O’Neills has already demonstrated a great willingness and adaptability in the early stages of our relationship, which I firmly believe will continue to go from strength to strength.”

O’Neills Key Account Manager, Neil Williams said: “Following an already highly successful partnership with Bristol Sport for Bristol City, we are delighted to expand our partnership to also include Bristol Bears. 

13 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Bristol Bears Director, Jon Lansdown said: “We’re delighted to announce the partnership with O’Neills to become our new kit supplier across our men’s, women’s, and academy teams.

“Their products are manufactured within the UK which is a rarity in the industry and a benefit from a sustainability point of view, as well as ensuring a strong supply chain of products for both our squad and supporters throughout the year.

“Our iconic kits are a key part of our history and identity, and we believe O’Neills will allow us to continue to pioneer our kit designs for years to come.”

Bristol Sport Chief Commercial Officer, Sarah Farrar said: “We’re incredibly pleased to welcome O’Neills to our family of partners and we look forward to bringing our fans a range of new and exciting products.

“O’Neills has already demonstrated a great willingness and adaptability in the early stages of our relationship, which I firmly believe will continue to go from strength to strength.”

O’Neills Key Account Manager, Neil Williams said: “Following an already highly successful partnership with Bristol Sport for Bristol City, we are delighted to expand our partnership to also include Bristol Bears. 

Someone needs to tell them that there’s no point having a reliable supply chain for something that no one wants to buy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The fans said: "F F S !"

The players said:  "Pay me enough I'll wear a tu tu!"

Edited by 42nite

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Bears shirt looks good.

assume it is a training top.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RedRock said:

Could there be some reverse logic going on here by the Club? Could we all be part of some clever marketing ploy?

Could ‘Splat’, as he is now affectionately called, have been designed so badly and given such prominence on, well, just about everything that it becomes like legendary? A sort of ‘must have’ because it’s just so naff, bordering on insane? 

In years to come the Pearson Harley Davidson ‘Splat’ Biker T Shirt could be worth a mint. Get your orders in and clear the shelves (then we can get some proper gear in). 

“Oi Dave.. remember Splat the Robin .. those were the days” ?

6 hours ago, spudski said:

Highly aggressive and territorial, that sweet song fluting from your fence is actually the avian equivalent of a foul-mouthed “get orf my land”. Males will peck at rivals’ napes to sever their spinal cords; 10% of all adult robin deaths are robin-on-robin, red-on-red incidents. They also launch unprovoked attacks on other, innocent species, lashing out with razor-sharp claws.

One of the most aggressive birds you could meet... the truth about the friendly robin redbreast

Robins will even fight to the death if necessary — thankfully most intruders can be deterred through song

Most fight each other ?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

“Years to come” fml 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I've read this as O'Neills made the Bristol Sport kits a couple of seasons ago. Nothing wrong with those kits or leisure wear.

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I mean we can big up the aggressive nature of the Robin if we want, but if they’d swapped the T-Rex in Jurassic Park for a Robin, it would have been a very different film wouldn’t it.

It’s a bird you get on a card from your Nan at Christmas. We have a regular one in our garden and it shits it’s pants every time we open the back door.

The logo is an embarrassment.

Hmmmm, a Robin in pants ……

Go for it JL !! ?

9 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I've read this as O'Neills made the Bristol Sport kits a couple of seasons ago. Nothing wrong with those kits or leisure wear.

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion from that text. It's simply stating that they already supply City's kit, and now are also supplying Bears.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Can you buy and own a stock image? ? See if you can buy it and ask City to pay to be able to use it ?

Yes. Stock photos are copyrighted, meaning someone owns them. In order to use them legally, you need permission. Such permission is known as a license, a contract that authorizes you to use the image in certain ways.

5 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Not sure how you've come to that conclusion from that text. It's simply stating that they already supply City's kit, and now are also supplying Bears.

Here's the quote..

Following an already highly successful partnership with Bristol Sport for Bristol City...

I came to the conclusion that they are talking about a highly successful partnership. How can this be justified in the space of 2 months?

Normally you would name just the football club but they are saying Bristol Sport for Bristol City. You can say that actually they are correct regarding the company structure. However, I found it bizarre that Bristol Sport was mentioned.

When you add into the equation I read the article whilst wearing my Bristol Sport shirt and the fact someone has to make Bristol Sport sportswear, my logic seems quite straight forward!

10 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I came to the conclusion that they are talking about a highly successful partnership. How can this be justified in the space of 2 months?

Because just like the shirts they have produced for City,  they are (full of) shit?  

7 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Here's the quote..

Following an already highly successful partnership with Bristol Sport for Bristol City...

Normally you would name just the football club but they are saying Bristol Sport for Bristol City. You can say that actually they are correct regarding the company structure. However, I found it bizarre that Bristol Sport was mentioned.

When you add into the equation I read the article whilst wearing my Bristol Sport shirt and the fact someone has to make Bristol Sport sportswear, my logic seems quite straight forward!

It's been five months not two. I would also question how this could be called a highly successful partnership over such a short time, but it's just marketing spin.

Bristol Sport was mentioned because they've got the Bears contract for the sole reason that they are under the Bristol Sport banner. 

As somebody else mentioned, previous Bristol Sport kits were made in Scotland.

I know, for whatever reason, you are keen to stick up for O'Neills as much as possible, but I'm afraid the quality of previous Bristol Sport clothing is not a reason to do so.

21 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's been five months not two. I would also question how this could be called a highly successful partnership over such a short time, but it's just marketing spin.

Bristol Sport was mentioned because they've got the Bears contract for the sole reason that they are under the Bristol Sport banner. 

As somebody else mentioned, previous Bristol Sport kits were made in Scotland.

I know, for whatever reason, you are keen to stick up for O'Neills as much as possible, but I'm afraid the quality of previous Bristol Sport clothing is not a reason to do so.

I can’t speak for Norn Iron but their justification of support for O’Neills has been sound from what I’ve read previously. 

O’Neills GAA range is of fine quality, no better or worse than any other sports wear. Granted the initial kits they produced for us seem to have been a bit rushed on quality control, but the revised 3rd kit looks to have sorted that.

This entire thread has reeked of kit fashion snobbery imo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1