IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

47 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:
47 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's been five months not two. I would also question how this could be called a highly successful partnership over such a short time, but it's just marketing spin.

Bristol Sport was mentioned because they've got the Bears contract for the sole reason that they are under the Bristol Sport banner. 

As somebody else mentioned, previous Bristol Sport kits were made in Scotland.

I know, for whatever reason, you are keen to stick up for O'Neills as much as possible, but I'm afraid the quality of previous Bristol Sport clothing is not a reason to do so.

I know, for whatever reason, you are keen to stick up for O'Neills as much as possible, but I'm afraid the quality of previous Bristol Sport clothing is not a reason to do so.

So what you are saying is that my logic is flawed? I'm offended. :laugh:

Regarding my keenness to stick up for O'Neills. It is partly due to the shirts are made locally but all the shirts I have seen in their Megastore in Derry are of very good quality. If you have seen and touched the O'Neills shirt or even bought it and you say they are below standard then I believe you.

I was at first surprised when O'Neills was announced as our new manufacturer. However, I was genuinely pleased along with another City family around the corner from us here in Northern Ireland. It is a popular brand that has weathered the Troubles and is accepted by all factions as a reliably good product. However, if a product is genuinely below that of a professional standard, people have a right to say so. I am merely trying to put across other viewpoints here. 

Consequently, the question is why can O'Neills make such good garments but not for us?

Edited by Norn Iron
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Regarding my keenness to stick up for O'Neills. It is partly due to the shirts are made locally but all the shirts I have seen in their Megastore in Derry are of very good quality. If you have seen and touched the O'Neills shirt or even bought it and you say they are below standard then I believe you.

I was at first surprised when O'Neills was announced as our new manufacturer. However, I was genuinely pleased along with another City family around the corner from us here in Northern Ireland. It is a popular brand that has weathered the Troubles and is accepted by all factions as a reliably good product. However, if a product is genuinely below that of a professional standard, people have a right to say so. I am merely trying to put across other viewpoints here. 

Consequently, the question is why can O'Neills make such good garments but not for us?

All good points .. and hear what you’re saying. After going into our megastore and looking at the products I personally feel they have a way to go when designing kits for football teams. I can’t be the only one here that just think they don’t look right? Maybe this is just all of us being snobby but personally I feel that everything they have created for us so far has been naff and doesn’t look like what a football team should be wearing. 

I always thought this about Wycombe when they wore it and it never improved over there.

Really and truly if we go up no one will care in the slightest and all of this isn’t that big a deal… but as football and City means so much to so many people.. I don’t think it’s unfair to want the club to to look like a proper football team for 1 and 2nd for the club to offer products to their supporters that they want to buy to represent their team. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I was at first surprised when O'Neills was announced as our new manufacturer. However, I was genuinely pleased along with another City family around the corner from us here in Northern Ireland. It is a popular brand that has wethered the Troubles and is accepted by all factions as a reliably good product. However, if a product is genuinely below that of a professional standard, people have a right to say so. I am merely trying to put across other viewpoints here. 

I wouldn't say flawed, just... Misguided :laugh:

To be fair, I don't have any strong opinions on the quality of the kits, as I've only really seen the mini kit up close (which definitely was nowhere near Hummel quality), so not gonna argue that point.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

I went into the shop to look at the quality as I like to buy the shorts each season. The quality is very poor compared to Hummel . I’m too old to buy the shirts now. However I do like to see the players looking the part & not some Sunday league team . Which is what these kits are like . Especially with splat the robin , although that’s obviously nothing to do with O’Neil’s . 
That solely belongs to crayon boy & his tracing paper 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

I can’t speak for Norn Iron but their justification of support for O’Neills has been sound from what I’ve read previously. 

O’Neills GAA range is of fine quality, no better or worse than any other sports wear. Granted the initial kits they produced for us seem to have been a bit rushed on quality control, but the revised 3rd kit looks to have sorted that.

This entire thread has reeked of kit fashion snobbery imo. 

Yes I think it is down to “kit fashion snobbery”…. We deserve so much better. Compare ourselves to our peers in the championship… anyone carrying an O’Neills logo… actually anyone in the other 92 clubs with this logo? Just so disappointed… as an earlier poster pointed out, worst kit I’ve seen … both home & 3rd. Oh well, we’ll see how successful the sales are for it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

All good points .. and hear what you’re saying. After going into our megastore and looking at the products I personally feel they have a way to go when designing kits for football teams. I can’t be the only one here that just think they don’t look right? Maybe this is just all of us being snobby but personally I feel that everything they have created for us so far has been naff and doesn’t look like what a football team should be wearing. 

I always thought this about Wycombe when they wore it and it never improved over there.

Really and truly if we go up no one will care in the slightest and all of this isn’t that big a deal… but as football and City means so much to so many people.. I don’t think it’s unfair to want the club to to look like a proper football team for 1 and 2nd for the club to offer products to their supporters that they want to buy to represent their team. 

Thank you. I agree entirely with your points.

It makes it all the more surprising that the new home strip is retro. I too, was disappointed with the look but as others have indicated, it could be our lack of fashion or being snobby!

I still think the fault is with who suggested/wanted O'Neills to go back to the double pin-stripe. I don't like it. There, I've said it but I'm not blaming O’Neills currently for the look of the shirt.....especially if in 10 months time we're getting over the fact we've been promoted!

Someone had to think up this retro look and then commission it. It has surely to be a BCFC decision as many others are pointing their crayons at!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Thank you. I agree entirely with your points.

It makes it all the more surprising that the new home strip is retro. I too, was disappointed with the look but as others have indicated, it could be our lack of fashion or being snobby!

I still think the fault is with who suggested/wanted O'Neills to go back to the double pin-stripe. I don't like it. There, I've said it but I'm not blaming O’Neills currently for the look of the shirt.....especially if in 10 months time we're getting over the fact we've been promoted!

Someone had to think up this retro look and then commission it. It has surely to be a BCFC decision as many others are pointing their crayons at!

It's not necessarily the design though.. it's not actually the design on the home that I dislike and feel that this design manufactured by Hummel/Adidas/Puma/Nike/Castore etc would have been executed effectively. (Though I am bored of every single kit we seem to make being a 'nod to the past'.. loved it when it happened the first couple times but would love to see something new now).

Look at the way the fabric around the neck groups as it is stitched, how the rest of the fabric sits on the body and the way that the badge is nearly under the armpit its so far left. It's hard to put my finger on it but the kits don't fit like every other manufacturer out there. In person at games it just looks wrong. (When I have my glasses on at least! haha)

23-24 kit o neills hummel bristol city (21).jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

It's not necessarily the design though.. it's not actually the design on the home that I dislike and feel that this design manufactured by Hummel/Adidas/Puma/Nike/Castore etc would have been executed effectively. (Though I am bored of every single kit we seem to make being a 'nod to the past'.. loved it when it happened the first couple times but would love to see something new now).

Look at the way the fabric around the neck groups as it is stitched, how the rest of the fabric sits on the body and the way that the badge is nearly under the armpit its so far left. It's hard to put my finger on it but the kits don't fit like every other manufacturer out there. In person at games it just looks wrong. (When I have my glasses on at least! haha)

23-24 kit o neills hummel bristol city (21).jpeg

Well made points. It seems a thing these days to have the stitching clearly on view at the bottom of the v. I've never liked that as it just doesn't look right.

You may have hit the nail on the head re the badge. It does indeed look too far left. 

• Like 1

Just been into the club shop to go and collect my sons shirt as part of his season ticket.

No home shirts in his size, or goalkeeper shirts in his size, which he wanted to buy separately . My other boy was there as well and wanted his first City kit, no kits whatsoever in sizes 3-4 year old.

Asked behind the counter for extra sizes and said that everything they had out was what was available and best to order online. I checked online when I was in the shop and all out of stock of the 3-4 year old, so asked again and said probably be back in the end of this month beginning of next.

I thought the whole point from moving from Hummel was the lack of supply, and seems very odd to not have many in stock when the kids vouchers came out this week??

I hate to moan about the club as I can see we are trying to turn things around, but we always seem to mess up on the merchandise side! Very poor from the club as probably would have ended up spending best part of £150 in the shop this afternoon if it was well stocked!

5 hours ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Just so disappointed… as an earlier poster pointed out, worst kit I’ve seen … both home & 3rd. Oh well, we’ll see how successful the sales are for it. 

The Adidas "Star Trek" kit wants a word ???

Edited by SecretSam

1 hour ago, sticks 1969 said:

Must have copies? 
yellow with the crap robin on them 

I've not seen the photos, but don't you mean the 3rd kit? The yellow kit is the 3rd kit, not the away kit which has not been released yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Not Banksy said:

Was gunna post this hahah! My team too. Not going well is it!

Most of the players won't mind as it's for the 50 over cup and we usually lose 12 of our players to the 100 meaning they won't have to wear it. 

But I'm not sure what they were thinking there