IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

8 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

The state of that collar mind ?

IMG_6641.thumb.jpeg.01fa78117515af8eedf26a49696736af.jpeg

You got to laugh really. After years of shambolic player & managerial recruitment , we’ve turned a corner into a proper well run club on the football side of things . We then , after a couple of years of real quality kits with Hummel think this monstrosity is the way to go . Nothing more than a financial decision imo . Although it will come back to bite them. I wouldn't have one if they were giving them away . 

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Do you think it's because they normally make rugby and GAA shirts and the players in those sports have massive necks?

No, someone said to Jon, you’ve got some neck to design those shirts…and it went from there.

Stan Collymore!

image.thumb.png.45bd9ac7f5c9f74f5d3beade33a20572.png

On 12/07/2023 at 22:35, phantom said:

I just noticed this mess on the wall at the HPC 

Screenshot_20230712_222147_YouTube.jpg

Don't mean to be dramatic, but this has genuinely annoyed the **** out of me. I was hoping that this ridiculous new logo was just something that would be on that ghastly away shirt for a year and then I'd never have to look at it again.

I really hope this isn't a sign that it's here to stay in any capacity. 

13 hours ago, Olé said:

The third shirt is comfortably the most feeble kit this club has ever produced. It would genuinely not look out of place on a beach stall and has absolutely nothing to do with us.

The complete destruction of their own new branding is incredible. If I were the original designers I would completely disassociate myself with the club (one of them already did).

Besides that ******* clipart, they've moved our crest to the back of the shirt at a different and largely, illegible size, and there's even a third logo, Bristol City written in a scrawl.

Spot on, especially the line about the destruction of their own new branding.

It makes no sense whatsoever. Design a new badge and robin emblem (which looks good and wen't down reasonably well with the fans!) then immediately start replacing it within a couple of years for absolutely no reason. (Okay, there is a reason - Jon Lansdown felt a bit bored.)

We have a new badge and robin emblem. It's part of our identity. Why can't we bloody use it? 

11 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

The imbecile is Jon Lansdown a man should be nowhere near anything let alone anything commercial.

Even that shitty production company Fever Pitch seems to be putting out the same shite every new video/photo session. 

Yepp, I'd get Jon Lansdown as far away from the club as possible. To relegate the club's badge to the back of the shirt and instead replace it with one of Jon Lansdown's mini design projects is an absolute insult to the club and the fans.

Jon seems obsessed with having a kit manufacturer who will allow him to stick his own designs and ideas on the shirts. Ironic, given that his latest robin design is a stock image which he's just coloured in. Evidently, the opportunity to dick around with designs is more important to him quality and professionalism.

Imagine a foreign owner coming in and letting his son change the badge on the front of the kit with no warning or fan consultation. Let's be honest - it absolutely wouldn't be tolerated. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

Sorry but I have to say this:

Who cares what the #### we wear. I couldn't give a toss if we are sporting red g strings with a badge featuring a constipated robin trying and failing to have a bowel movement as long as we win 4-0 at Leicester.

I couldn't give a toss if we are wearing a washed out yellow shirt with a splat robin with vibrant yellow socks that don't match as long as we beat Southampton at St Mary's six bloody nil. 

Christ, I cannot imagine if social media existed in 1909 and Bristol City displayed their choice of BLUE change kit for the FA CUP FINAL that Edwardian City fans (several just a handful of years from meeting their deaths in the trenches) would've been up in arms about this choice of colour and threatening not to attend at the Crystal Palace to cheer on the lads and casting aspersions at the director they considered responsible.

Jeez, get a life. We are Bristol City. We are a football club. We are not a bunch of Mary Quants. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 2

Just now, BasSavage88 said:

This 59 page thread and the majority of fans 

Rubbish 

The 59 page thread consists of several fans making multiple posts (moans). As far as the majority of fans don't make me laugh. You are a HANDFUL of fans on social media. Next season at Ashton Gate see how many fans at the ground are wearing the new kit and then tell me it's the majority of fans. Christ, get a grip and stop over inflating your own importance. 

• Hmmm 2
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Rubbish 

The 59 page thread consists of several fans making multiple posts (moans). As far as the majority of fans don't make me laugh. You are a HANDFUL of fans on social media. Next season at Ashton Gate see how many fans at the ground are wearing the new kit and then tell me it's the majority of fans. Christ, get a grip and stop over inflating your own importance. 

What a strange strange angry little response ?

Why are you reading and posting on this thread then? 

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Like 4

46 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

What a strange strange angry little response ?

Why are you reading and posting on this thread then?

Sorry didn't realise the thread was restricted to those who agree with you.

Sorry too that you consider my response strange and angry.

When I first supported Bristol City we wore a red top, red shorts, red socks. Went to a sports outfitters near the London Inn to get the kit for my 8th birthday. That's what my mother was given and then the storekeeper opened a drawer full of badges and fetched out the Bristol City one for my mum to sew on. 

The following year I wanted an England kit. Went to the same shop and was given a white shirt, blue shorts and white socks and an England, three lions badge, to sew on. 

My point, which you disparagingly call a strange (X2) angry little response is that these basic kits meant the world to me because they were the kits of the teams I loved. 

When Bristol City took to the Ashton Gate pitch on a balmy August Tuesday night in 1976 against Stoke City for the first home top flight game since 1911 I cheered my heart out. I was as proud as punch and we had won at Arsenal three days earlier. I didn't suddenly temper my enthusiasm and comment upon the fact I didn't like the new umbro diamonds on the sleeves. Basically, I am saying that I don't understand those of you who get so hung up about what Bristol City wear. It's so namby pamby. Sorry. 

In all the years I have supported City I cannot think of one instance where I have heard that a player has turned us down for a potential move because he didn't like the shade of our third kit or the collar of our home shirt. Maybe as succeeding generations become even more namby pamby this will be an inevitability and a manager might one day be sacked because he advocated a red 1.2 cm trim on the white shorts which proved to be highly unpopular. 

At a rough estimate I would say that I regularly talk to 20 Bristol City fans every week. Out of those 21 supporters, including myself, I am the only one who posts on here. About 6 or 7 read this forum but don't post and one other posts very occasionally. Thus I questioned your assertion that the majority of supporters don't like the Bristol City kit based on this thread containing the repeated views of several supporters who wouldn't even constitute a majority on OTIB let alone a majority of Bristol City fans in general. I cannot understand what is strange (X2) and angry about debusing you of that illusion

• Like 5

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

the storekeeper opened a drawer full of badges and fetched out the Bristol City one for my mum to sew on. 

This perfectly illustrates part of the problem. If the storekeeper had opened the drawer and fetched a squashed robin, I would have said, “That’s not the Bristol City badge”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, handsofclay said:

When I first supported Bristol City we wore a red top, red shorts, red socks. Went to a sports outfitters near the London Inn to get the kit for my 8th birthday. That's what my mother was given and then the storekeeper opened a drawer full of badges and fetched out the Bristol City one for my mum to sew on. 

The following year I wanted an England kit. Went to the same shop and was given a white shirt, blue shorts and white socks and an England, three lions badge, to sew on. 

My point, which you disparagingly call a strange (X2) angry little response is that these basic kits meant the world to me because they were the kits of the teams I loved. 

When Bristol City took to the Ashton Gate pitch on a balmy August Tuesday night in 1976 against Stoke City for the first home top flight game since 1911 I cheered my heart out. I was as proud as punch and we had won at Arsenal three days earlier. I didn't suddenly temper my enthusiasm and comment upon the fact I didn't like the new umbro diamonds on the sleeves. Basically, I am saying that I don't understand those of you who get so hung up about what Bristol City wear. It's so namby pamby. Sorry. 

In all the years I have supported City I cannot think of one instance where I have heard that a player has turned us down for a potential move because he didn't like the shade of our third kit or the collar of our home shirt. Maybe as succeeding generations become even more namby pamby this will be an inevitability and a manager might one day be sacked because he advocated a red 1.2 cm trim on the white shorts which proved to be highly unpopular. 

At a rough estimate I would say that I regularly talk to 20 Bristol City fans every week. Out of those 21 supporters, including myself, I am the only one who posts on here. About 6 or 7 read this forum but don't post and one other posts very occasionally. Thus I questioned your assertion that the majority of supporters don't like the Bristol City kit based on this thread containing the repeated views of several supporters who wouldn't even constitute a majority on OTIB let alone a majority of Bristol City fans in general. I cannot understand what is strange (X2) and angry about debusing you of that illusion

Completely respect your feeling on it, everyone is different and lots of fans will share your view, particularly those of a certain age and demographic.

But even if it’s not for you, football kits are a huge deal to supporters - new shirt releases generate some of the most engaged content we produce, believe it or not. It does huge numbers and sparks massive interaction/discussion.

It really matters to people.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, handsofclay said:

As i have said previously on this post, it will be interesting to see the actual sales figures of this new merchandise range in a few months and compare it to the last few years of Hummel’s sales.

Irrespective of what fans opinions are the club will go off sales figures as that is clearly the only language that imbecile Jon Lansdown understands. I will be shocked if the club don’t lose out on a lot of £ because fans simply won’t want to part with there cash for some of this really poor quality gear.

As for fans having an opinion on the club’s merchandise, I don’t really get your point? The vast majority of fans that i can see are concerned in the main about the odd and quite baffling decision by the club to re brand and use this horrendous new robin badge on everything.

A complete middle finger to the fanbase when they surely knew what a divisive decision it would be with no consultation with the fanbase whatsoever..

Add to all of the above that the actual quality of the merchandise that the club expect people to fork out their hard earned cash on and its a shambles to be honest.

Fair play to people for voicing concerns and i hope the club lose out on a lot of ££ because of it. The marketing/commercial team at this club is completely and utterly inept IMO.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Rubbish 

Sorry Jon.

• Like 1

I respect your views as most of you respect mine which I appreciate. I have the new shirt and am happy with it's look, quality and availability. I also like the new variation on the robin badge. 

As has been said, ultimately the club will base any decisions regarding new badges, shirts etc on sales. My guess is that sales will tell a different story to the narrative on this thread. 

• Like 2

So, I’ve bought the new keeper shirt, the pink one. When they were first announced I liked the look of it and the Mrs gave me an IOU for it’s release.

Initial thoughts:

Material feels just like most football shirts, lightweight “shiny” feel to it similar to the Hummel shirts.

The badge is sewn on not printed, can’t see much difference to last years Hummel shirts there.

The fit is a bit off. I’ve gone for a large which is same as I had last year. I’ve got biggish arms, so may not be an issue for everyone but the sleeves are tight and the collar feels tight too, bit worried about stretching it when I take it off.

It comes up quite long for me, I’d rather it was a little bit shorter but I don’t think the arms would fit if I’d gone medium. The fit is a bit like the bristol sport shirts from the pinstripe year and the white away shirt that had the old robin - they were both too long but too tight on the sleeves to go a smaller size.

14 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

So, I’ve bought the new keeper shirt, the pink one. When they were first announced I liked the look of it and the Mrs gave me an IOU for it’s release.

Initial thoughts:

Material feels just like most football shirts, lightweight “shiny” feel to it similar to the Hummel shirts.

The badge is sewn on not printed, can’t see much difference to last years Hummel shirts there.

The fit is a bit off. I’ve gone for a large which is same as I had last year. I’ve got biggish arms, so may not be an issue for everyone but the sleeves are tight and the collar feels tight too, bit worried about stretching it when I take it off.

It comes up quite long for me, I’d rather it was a little bit shorter but I don’t think the arms would fit if I’d gone medium. The fit is a bit like the bristol sport shirts from the pinstripe year and the white away shirt that had the old robin - they were both too long but too tight on the sleeves to go a smaller size.

Return it.

Sounds shit tbf.

• Like 1

O’Neils have jumped on the Ajax bandwagon with a Bob Marley shirt for Bohemians FC in Dublin and it’s exactly as bad as you might think it would be. A low quality print on a basic white shirt like you might find down a market.

This is why our shirts look awful - they are literally just a factory with no designers and it shows. The reason Hummel works so well is they had someone artistic who transforms ideas with detailed patterns and design touches.

Three stripes and a Microsoft Paint low res bitmap outline of the great man himself straight into production is a good example of a nice concept executed by amateurs with basic tools and zero detail. Perfect Jon Lansdown territory.

1C5C2ACF-BD43-46F2-8075-47F91F414248.thumb.jpeg.5bc0e7ef19b696bface3b722b5cad5d2.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I’m interested in this.   The shirt I held in the club shop at the end of last season was genuinely terrible compared to the Hummel shirts - it was like cheap tracing paper - like the knock off kits you get at market stalls -  nothing like the grey and orange shirt and the black and multi coloured shirts I have from the previous manufacturer - and the stitching was awful.  Maybe they were rush jobs and  have improved the quality this season, although judging by the pics from yesterdays game it seems unlikely!  

Edited by lenred

6 minutes ago, Olé said:

O’Neils have jumped on the Ajax bandwagon with a Bob Marley shirt for Bohemians FC in Dublin and it’s exactly as bad as you might think it would be. A low quality print on a basic white shirt like you might find down a market.

This is why our shirts look awful - they are literally just a factory with no designers and it shows. The reason Hummel works so well is they had someone artistic who transforms ideas with detailed patterns and design touches.

Three stripes and a Microsoft Paint low res bitmap outline of the great man himself straight into production is a good example of a nice concept executed by amateurs with basic tools and zero detail. Perfect Jon Lansdown territory.

1C5C2ACF-BD43-46F2-8075-47F91F414248.thumb.jpeg.5bc0e7ef19b696bface3b722b5cad5d2.jpeg

If they are trying to jump on the Ajax trip then that makes an already embarrassing shirt an absolute abomination!!!  The Ajax shirt is a thing of beauty. 

Would somebody please correct me if I,m wrong. We began last season with the version of the Arsenal shirt, which I didn't like at all then switched suppliers midway through the season to the very nice striped shirt. We were promised that this would be our kit for next season as well to appease supporters who had bought it.

So why, why have they tinkered with it when they had no good reason to and had promised not to. It smacks of profitteering to me , all those fans that have to have the latest kit now have to fork out yet another 50 odd quid.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Would somebody please correct me if I,m wrong. We began last season with the version of the Arsenal shirt, which I didn't like at all then switched suppliers midway through the season to the very nice striped shirt. We were promised that this would be our kit for next season as well to appease supporters who had bought it.

So why, why have they tinkered with it when they had no good reason to and had promised not to. It smacks of profitteering to me , all those fans that have to have the latest kit now have to fork out yet another 50 odd quid.  

They haven't changed the kit. O neills don't seem to be able to use a consistent template 

10 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Sorry but I have to say this:

Who cares what the #### we wear. I couldn't give a toss if we are sporting red g strings with a badge featuring a constipated robin trying and failing to have a bowel movement as long as we win 4-0 at Leicester.

I couldn't give a toss if we are wearing a washed out yellow shirt with a splat robin with vibrant yellow socks that don't match as long as we beat Southampton at St Mary's six bloody nil. 

Christ, I cannot imagine if social media existed in 1909 and Bristol City displayed their choice of BLUE change kit for the FA CUP FINAL that Edwardian City fans (several just a handful of years from meeting their deaths in the trenches) would've been up in arms about this choice of colour and threatening not to attend at the Crystal Palace to cheer on the lads and casting aspersions at the director they considered responsible.

Jeez, get a life. We are Bristol City. We are a football club. We are not a bunch of Mary Quants. 

Erm… the world has moved on pal since your rose tinted experience… Jesus. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Erm… the world has moved on pal since your rose tinted experience… Jesus. 

I think you'll find that football in 1970 has changed little compared to football today. Still 22 players on the pitch kicking the same size football towards the same size goal with both teams wearing different colours to differentiate themselves officiated by a person in the middle assisted by two running either line. 

I fail to perceive what's rose tinted about my experience of watching football back then to watching football today. Basically, the colour and style of kit Bristol City wear to differentiate themselves from their opponents I got 100% behind back then as I do today. I had the Bristol City 1970 kit back then as I have the Bristol City shirt of 2023 today and was/am equally proud to wear both. So where the heck does having a rose tinted experience come into this? I experienced and experience the same thing now as I did then and find it condescending that you should belittle my experience.

• Haha 1