IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

You’d think for a multi-million turnover business that someone would have noticed this sock/shirt mismatch and if the suppliers couldn’t fix it in 24 hours then they’d bugger off down JDSports and just get a couple of dozen white socks. 

This has been going on since Luton away hasn’t it? That’s months ago.

That kit is truly below Sunday League standard. Shockingly bad for a professional Club.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

That jersey/sock mismatch is dreadful.

The sock colour is great, BTW - shame the jersey looks like some hand-me-down kit that's been washed 10,000 times

Yes agreed. The socks are fine - it’s the shirt that is wrong for so many different reasons & quite frankly it is embarrassing for a professional club to churn this rubbish out.

Just a quick question, does anyone know how long our deal with O’Neills is? Is it just this season and then we’re looking for a new supplier for 24/25? Is there a break clause or way out if it’s a longer deal?

Not a lot can be done about this season’s kit and merch, hopefully the sales will reflect the opinions on here. If we know a new supplier is on the horizon and that the powers that be are willing to listen to the customers/supporters, then we just have to put this down to a bad year, move on and hope for better going forward. I don’t spend myself in the club shop, but do have a little lad who’ll be coming more regularly (been to one game already, before he was 2?) and I will be spending more I’m sure going forward.

I did recently discover a beauty of a kit from when I was a junior red, probably from when I was around 8-9, I would have worn to the Freight Rover Trophy Finals. It’s in good condition, but does have the chunky collar which must’ve been ok in 80’s. Can’t wait for him to grow in to it, it’s a classic.

image.jpg

• Flames 1

54 minutes ago, zombie said:

Just a quick question, does anyone know how long our deal with O’Neills is? Is it just this season and then we’re looking for a new supplier for 24/25? Is there a break clause or way out if it’s a longer deal?

Not a lot can be done about this season’s kit and merch, hopefully the sales will reflect the opinions on here. If we know a new supplier is on the horizon and that the powers that be are willing to listen to the customers/supporters, then we just have to put this down to a bad year, move on and hope for better going forward. I don’t spend myself in the club shop, but do have a little lad who’ll be coming more regularly (been to one game already, before he was 2?) and I will be spending more I’m sure going forward.

I did recently discover a beauty of a kit from when I was a junior red, probably from when I was around 8-9, I would have worn to the Freight Rover Trophy Finals. It’s in good condition, but does have the chunky collar which must’ve been ok in 80’s. Can’t wait for him to grow in to it, it’s a classic.

image.jpg

The fact the rugby lot are also now stitched-up with O’Neils’ rubbish makes me think the deal will be for longer than any of us would like. 
I’ve said before that the only logical reason for this is that we’ve driven them down to a ridiculously low cost.. and the “quality” reflects this. 

Bring back Bukta!!!!! ?

Edited by Mendip City

20 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

The fact the rugby lot are also now stitched-up with O’Neils’ rubbish makes me think the deal will be for longer than any of us would like. 
I’ve said before that the only logical reason for this is that we’ve driven them down to a ridiculously low cost.. and the “quality” reflects this. 

Bring back Bukta!!!!! ?

Its deffo 2 reasons

We make the most % out of kits sold compared to other manufacturers so they have ****** us on quality
JL is allowed to dictate his shit designs and ideas and they nod along to it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Not Banksy said:

Faded or a completely different colour 

DF2AA20B-6662-4E61-AD9C-3A506688F476.jpeg

Completely different colour.

It's almost as if the socks were an after thought, that's the only colour material they had left, and someone went "yeah close enough, use that!"

The poor colour of the shirt might not have been so bad if it matched the socks. As it is, it just looks like Scotty forgot to bring them along with him, and had to rush out to sports direct to get the closest match just in time for the game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Taz said:

It's almost as if the socks were an after thought, that's the only colour material they had left, and someone went "yeah close enough, use that!"

The poor colour of the shirt might not have been so bad if it matched the socks. As it is, it just looks like Scotty forgot to bring them along with him, and had to rush out to sports direct to get the closest match just in time for the game.

Stupid thing is that the green on the socks seems a good match. Overall it just looks cheap and nasty. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I actually quite like it, as quite plain

Similar ones were a tenner up until recently 

It doesn’t have the splat Robin stock image tracing on it so that’s a win at least (it’s probably on the back mind!) 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, t_b said:

This is elite level trolling. 
A new coaches range available to purchase with just the four different badges on!

IMG_4154.jpeg

IMG_4155.jpeg

Just had a look online as I've been waiting for a plain polo with just the badge on. Have a close up gander at the neck / button area.

£40 my arse...!!

edit - @Selredbeat me to it. TAT.

Edited by glynriley

23 minutes ago, Taz said:

This sort of thing happened in the 70s where they couldn't colour match on different materials. Reminds me of this from 1976. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Bring back Bukta Hummel!!!!! ?

FTFY

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

What is it with badly matching shades of yellow? The shirts look washed out, the shorts practically hi-viz! 

It was normal back in the 70s. Technology and materials were different. Shorts made from different material to shirt and socks. 

My point being...in this day and age it shouldn't be a problem. Technology has moved on. 

This O'Neal's stuff looks worse than cheap Chinese. 

• Like 1

I really hope people don't buy this stuff just because they always do every season. If the sales are OK we'll be stuck with it.

I'd normally buy a shirt for my 12 year old but he's reached the age where he's starting to care what he wears, and even he can see it's crap quality compared to his usual Nike/Adidas/Hummel sports wear.

It's also a disgrace that they're maintaining or even increasing prices compared to last season, when the quality clearly isn't there. Football seems to think it can charge the going rate irrespective of the quality of the offering. That really needs to change, and as paying (or not paying) fans, we're the only ones that can change it.

• Like 10

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

I really hope people don't buy this stuff just because they always do every season. If the sales are OK we'll be stuck with it.

I'd normally buy a shirt for my 12 year old but he's reached the age where he's starting to care what he wears, and even he can see it's crap quality compared to his usual Nike/Adidas/Hummel sports wear.

It's also a disgrace that they're maintaining or even increasing prices compared to last season, when the quality clearly isn't there. Football seems to think it can charge the going rate irrespective of the quality of the offering. That really needs to change, and as paying (or not paying) fans, we're the only ones that can change it.

Not great news for the sponsor either, if sales are down they're not going to get the ROI of their spend as fewer people will be wandering around the city advertising their brand. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Not great news for the sponsor either, if sales are down they're not going to get the ROI of their spend as fewer people will be wandering around the city advertising their brand. 

As a man who works on Three mobile, you don't get any ROI from sponsoring football clubs. Although the fact Three is UK only didn't help sponsoring a global brand at a mega cost....

My 4 year old wants a new football shirt with his name and a number on the back. Given the poor quality, and the fact you don't appear to be able to get a name and number done without going into the shop, I think I'll just get him an England shirt. 

• Like 1