IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

The fact the rugby lot are also now stitched-up with O’Neils’ rubbish makes me think the deal will be for longer than any of us would like. 
I’ve said before that the only logical reason for this is that we’ve driven them down to a ridiculously low cost.. and the “quality” reflects this. 

Bring back Bukta!!!!! ?

I’m a Nibor boy myself?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

It was normal back in the 70s. Technology and materials were different. Shorts made from different material to shirt and socks. 

My point being...in this day and age it shouldn't be a problem. Technology has moved on. 

This O'Neal's stuff looks worse than cheap Chinese. 

Yeah I remember how they used to be. I was joking. 
This kit is embarrassing in 2023. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bearded_red said:

In a long and ever growing list of things wrong, still nothing gets close to that splat robin badge. Nothing will ever beat that surely.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Splat Robin? Although I agree with others - it shouldn't be 'the badge' and the lack of consistency in terms of branding...having said that, why not just have the same robin as on the actual club badge?

Just now, Mendip City said:

Blimey we’ve had some rubbish - Nibor, TFG, Bristol Sport, O’Neils…. Probably others I have erased from my memory. 

I thought Bristol sport made some nice enough stuff. My away kit from 19-20 is still in good nick now, 4 years on.

I'm going to buy one of the kits this year as is my own little tradition, I'm still holding out hope the quality isn't quite as wanting as others suggest. The design for the home kit is actually quite nice, but granted, if it falls to pieces after two washes that won't really matter.

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Blimey we’ve had some rubbish - Nibor, TFG, Bristol Sport, O’Neils…. Probably others I have erased from my memory. 

I thought the Bristol Sport stuff looked OK, the business model was innovative and could have made a bob if managed correctly 

• Admin
31 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

Okay, I'm going to say it. I actually like some of the training kit! I feel dirty for saying it. They have added some accessories items which look okay too. 

Good to hear, I was tempted by the new polo shirt until I realised the sleeve width was bigger than the neck width lol

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

Good to hear, I was tempted by the new polo shirt until I realised the sleeve width was bigger than the neck width :laugh:

I don't tend to buy shirts anymore, but I will buy training t-shirts / shorts for the gym. I've got a weird feeling that the away kit is going to be really nice. I have no idea why I'm thinking this considering the state of the home and 3rd kit haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

I don't tend to buy shirts anymore, but I will buy training t-shirts / shorts for the gym. I've got a weird feeling that the away kit is going to be really nice. I have no idea why I'm thinking this considering the state of the home and 3rd kit haha. 

Problem is I like the design of the home kit.. and don’t hate the design of the 3rd kit (if Splat was swapped for the actual badge) but all of the kits just fit so bad.. all baggy in the wrong places.. don’t look like football kits.. throwback to the early 2000’s in terms of fit.

so even if the away kit design is nice… it won’t fit right. And maybe the hold up is JL sowing badges over the splat robin on the away after the backlash ?

348047FD-CD77-478A-93AE-3829F25979CB.jpeg

On 25/07/2023 at 12:22, Selred said:

So as I mentioned I have the pink shirt and can confirm the badge is normal size, identical to previous shirts

On 25/07/2023 at 18:03, Ian M said:

Omg, my OCD cannot handle

image.png

However I can also confirm this bit does actually look like this. It’s really unimportant - but utterly unprofessional.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taz said:

Completely different colour.

It's almost as if the socks were an after thought, that's the only colour material they had left, and someone went "yeah close enough, use that!"

The poor colour of the shirt might not have been so bad if it matched the socks. As it is, it just looks like Scotty forgot to bring them along with him, and had to rush out to sports direct to get the closest match just in time for the game.

Or the only other answer is that it’s intentional, for some weird reason. Someone must have thought it would look good?!

4 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Okay, I'm going to say it. I actually like some of the training kit! I feel dirty for saying it. They have added some accessories items which look okay too. 

I couldn't wear anything with splat robin or 'city' on it. The only thing I can see that I like is the coaches poly

2903-4711.jpg.13f8075589660d06df36c90931b9de46.jpg

although it's a bit too pricey (£45) and a bit too smart casual :)

54 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I couldn't wear anything with splat robin or 'city' on it. The only thing I can see that I like is the coaches poly

2903-4711.jpg.13f8075589660d06df36c90931b9de46.jpg

although it's a bit too pricey (£45) and a bit too smart casual :)

Mentioned previously, but look at the collar….

4 hours ago, BasSavage88 said:

Is it even a proper embroidered badge or a bit oof ironed on plastic?

This is neither. If you look closely you can see that it’s been cut from somewhere else and placed on top. They used the polygon lasso, so you can see the straight edges where they cut it  - they didn’t even bother to  select it properly.

My educated guess is they enlarged it too as the black in their selection is lighter and more pixelated… that and the height of the badge is almost the width of the neck ?

5BFE900D-2B43-47A3-8489-30C6CD5F6D01.jpeg

Edited by SydneyCity
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCity said:

This is neither. If you look closely you can see that it’s been cut from somewhere else and placed on top. They used the polygon lasso, so you can see the straight edges where they cut it  - they didn’t even bother to  select it properly.

My educated guess is they enlarged it too as the black in their selection is lighter and more pixelated… that and the height of the badge is almost the width of the neck ?

5BFE900D-2B43-47A3-8489-30C6CD5F6D01.jpeg

i suspect they are using those generic marketing website tools which apply any logo to a visualised design - ie, not the real thing.

the sort of thing that applies 'your logo' to mugs, shirts, cushions etc.

23 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Honestly, what was the point in the new badge a few years back which went down fairly well to then plaster that absolute monstrosity over everything and just casually not tell anyone 

Which is what my point was regarding the supporters trust, surely this is getting beyond an image just being used now and then, visually it’s everywhere compared to our actual badge. 

Along with the upcoming blue away kit, it really does show the lack of understanding with the majority of fans. 

Even take for example, the clubs post over yesterdays event, ended in “youuuu reds” yet all the players were plastered in blue, no red on any players at all. 

• Like 1