IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

7 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

A Collarwatch™ update - bought the boy his shirt today and Harry Hill indeed wouldn’t wear it himself (this is a 13 years size, with a 20 years collar presumably….) 

IMG_3906.jpeg

That is a disgrace.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

The badge isn’t right though at all. It’s printed onto fabric and sewn on, not the rubber type. 

Material wise the kit is fine from china as a fake. 

I think the whole kit cost £27 and most kids would not care about the badge but I see where your coming from regarding quality of the badge 

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

I think the whole kit cost £27 and most kids would not care about the badge but I see where your coming from regarding quality of the badge 

You are right, my kids have them from last year and don’t care about it at all, but, it does make them look noticeable fake.

If they had the rubber badge on then no one would be able to tell, if you’re the type to wear a shirt to a game then it would be pretty obvious your knocking around in a fake from china when around others in “genuine kits” 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

A Collarwatch™ update - bought the boy his shirt today and Harry Hill indeed wouldn’t wear it himself (this is a 13 years size, with a 20 years collar presumably….) 

IMG_3906.jpeg

Please tell me you sent it back that really isn't acceptable. Awful shirt sorry O'Neill's your quality is abissmal.

On 27/07/2023 at 13:52, Kid in the Riot said:

It was. At the time I thought the new badge was ok - nothing more. But over time I've come to appreciate that it is one of the worst badges in the entire football league. 

I recall FourFourTwo ranked it about 80th a couple of years back, and I thought that was quite generous.

Anyway, that's the least of our concerns at the moment. But I feel like the branding side of things has been crap for a long time when you look at the new badge, and some of the bizarre training/coaching gear we've been churning out for some years.

Really? That seems a little extreme to me. Out of interest, what is it you dislike so much? Is it a personal disliking for a more modern design, or something more specific?

I think it's decent. Looks pretty modern, smart, and clean. Has gone down fairly well with the fanbase. The robin motif works quite nicely on its own for a lot of branding. Certainly an improvement on the outdated and amateurish looking badge from the 70's/80's, and the generally "meh" Bristol coat of arms.

If I were being critical, I'd say it's in danger of falling into the group of 'template' circular badges that almost every club is going for these days, and in doing so potentially lacks a bit of identity? (see new badges of Brentford, Millwall, QPR, Aston Villa, etc). Sticking a reference to the suspension bridge on the badge (as below) and/or having a non-circular crest would probably improve it a little bit. IMHO, it's far from being one of the worst in the EFL though.

364180862_301681359036151_5471722301481778100_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p206x206&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=DvUncROb7zoAX-nkqzu&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AdT2k4wLIz02AM3wa156G-vDFYbOeEkLLDiObuctcKRdTA&oe=64EBD29BOpen photo

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Really? That seems a little extreme to me. Out of interest, what is it you dislike so much? Is it a personal disliking for a more modern design, or something more specific?

I think it's decent. Looks pretty modern, smart, and clean. Has gone down fairly well with the fanbase. The robin motif works quite nicely on its own for a lot of branding. Certainly an improvement on the outdated and amateurish looking badge from the 70's/80's, and the generally "meh" Bristol coat of arms.

If I were being critical, I'd say it's in danger of falling into the group of 'template' circular badges that almost every club is going for these days, and in doing so potentially lacks a bit of identity? (see new badges of Brentford, Millwall, QPR, Aston Villa, etc). Sticking a reference to the suspension bridge on the badge (as below) and/or having a non-circular crest would probably improve it a little bit. IMHO, it's far from being one of the worst in the EFL though.

364180862_301681359036151_5471722301481778100_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p206x206&_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=DvUncROb7zoAX-nkqzu&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=03_AdT2k4wLIz02AM3wa156G-vDFYbOeEkLLDiObuctcKRdTA&oe=64EBD29BOpen photo

I think it looks better without the added circles, and Brentford looks far better, the added, but simple, detail makes it look considerably more professional.

image.thumb.png.30eb38e952349510d46c45f2e45dbfe3.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

If you're paying £27 for a copy you're getting mugged right off. Its £16 from China and whoever is selling it is adding a tenner on and drop shipping it

• Like 1

The odd thing about all this is that when Bristol Sport were making the kits in house, we actually had some really well designed ones that were made to high standards. I'm thinking of these two, in particular. 

Clearly, there's been an effort to cut costs or something.

Screenshot_20230729_063715_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_063745_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Problem is, once you realise it’s a chilli on a fishing line, you can never see it at a robin again. 

• Like 3
  • Robin 2

7 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

The suspension bridge should definitely have been included. I like your second one - also the symmetrical date…. Just looks an afterthought shoved onto the left of our current badge.  
Never mind I’m sure the powers that be are listening from their tax havens. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I think it looks better without the added circles, and Brentford looks far better, the added, but simple, detail makes it look considerably more professional.

image.thumb.png.30eb38e952349510d46c45f2e45dbfe3.png

I genuinely think this badge is superb. There's nothing cartoonish or basic about it. It's not trying to be everything at once. 

As much as splat is a stock image and it would have been massively lazy I bet he looks better inside the badge circle than the chilli outline does (expecting to be proven wrong)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Problem is, once you realise it’s a chilli on a fishing line, you can never see it at a robin again. 

That’s meant to be a robin – but look closely and it resembles one of those fortune-telling fish impaled on a rod. And what’s with underlining the first half of the club’s foundation year? Is there a 1994 Bristol City?

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-all-92-premier-league-and-football-league-club-badges

Surely a change to a club badge/crest should be voted by the supporters? It is an integral element of club identity and history. 

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 09.00.44.png

This link details our kit colours, and badge history. How we have toyed with a coat of arms, various robin designs on a football, with or without the suspension bridge. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

Edited by Cidre Monita

51 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Surely a change to a club badge/crest should be voted by the supporters? It is an integral element of club identity and history. 

Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 09.00.44.png

This link details our kit colours, and badge history. How we have toyed with a coat of arms, various robin designs on a football, with or without the suspension bridge. 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Bristol_City/Bristol_City.htm

I always hated those coat of arms badges. I started supporting City when we had the 'robin on a football ' badge, the robin is much more 'us'.

• Like 2

• Admin
4 hours ago, Harry R said:

The odd thing about all this is that when Bristol Sport were making the kits in house, we actually had some really well designed ones that were made to high standards. I'm thinking of these two, in particular. 

Clearly, there's been an effort to cut costs or something.

Screenshot_20230729_063715_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230729_063745_Chrome.jpg

I know it was referred to as being made in house, but was obviously out sourced to someone 

Does anyone know who actually made this kit? 

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

I know it was referred to as being made in house, but was obviously out sourced to someone 

Does anyone know who actually made this kit? 

Vision Outsourcing / White Label Solution - they also made Oxford kits at the same time  

https://thewhitelabelsolution.co.uk/bristol-sport/
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40398185

Edited by David Brent
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Our Robin badge is perfectly fine. It's the Eagle that's the problem. Merchandise revenue will very low so the club will soon realise their mistakes....sooner the better hopefully!

This, our badge is fine, I actually really like it.  I don't even mind splat to a degree, but just not emblazoned over everything. 

4 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I've never been very convinced by this suggestion. IMHO, it's quite clear that it's a Robin. In all honesty, I get the impression that those saying "it looks like a chilli on a fishing line" have sat in front of it for 10 minutes looking at it from different angles and trying to think of something to witty to say - I struggle to believe that many people genuinely think that's what it looks like on first (or second, or third) impression.

(That's not so much a criticism of you BCR, more a criticism of whoever was first to start making that suggestion a few years ago)

3 hours ago, Dredd said:

I genuinely think this badge is superb. There's nothing cartoonish or basic about it. It's not trying to be everything at once. 

As much as splat is a stock image and it would have been massively lazy I bet he looks better inside the badge circle than the chilli outline does (expecting to be proven wrong)

Yepp, I think this is a fairer criticism -  Brentford's badge does look a bit more professional than ours.

Quite a few of the clubs with new 'roundel' badges have added more detail to their logo in the centre than we have (Brighton not so much). Comparatively, ours looks fairly simple. I suppose it's a matter of taste more than anything.

Open photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photo

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Our badge is ‘ok’, not great, just pretty mediocre. 

The thinking behind Splat baffles me. The Suspension Bridge is our secondary image. We already have a Robin in our official badge, so don’t need a repeat.

Splat needs to sod off, together with our second rate kit manufacturer and our lamentably designed range of leisure wear.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

That’s the problem though, it is essentially the same as several other clubs. It’s bland and not particularly unique. If we’d just used the robin from the design I think it would be a lot better.

10 minutes ago, KegCity said:

That’s the problem though, it is essentially the same as several other clubs. It’s bland and not particularly unique. If we’d just used the robin from the design I think it would be a lot better.

Yepp, agree that just using the robin emblem would be better. It looks pretty good when it's used like that on the training gear. Makes sense too - if we we're gonna go simple/minimalist, we might as well go the whole way with it.

• Like 2