IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

3 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I've never been very convinced by this suggestion. IMHO, it's quite clear that it's a Robin. In all honesty, I get the impression that those saying "it looks like a chilli on a fishing line" have sat in front of it for 10 minutes looking at it from different angles and trying to think of something to witty to say - I struggle to believe that many people genuinely think that's what it looks like on first (or second, or third) impression.

(That's not so much a criticism of you BCR, more a criticism of whoever was first to start making that suggestion a few years ago)

Yepp, I think this is a fairer criticism -  Brentford's badge does look a bit more professional than ours.

Quite a few of the clubs with new 'roundel' badges have added more detail to their logo in the centre than we have (Brighton not so much). Comparatively, ours looks fairly simple. I suppose it's a matter of taste more than anything.

Open photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photoOpen photo

Just looking at those makes me cringe even more. Ours is comfortably worse than the others. I just think that design of the robin is an abomination. Those thick black lines, and the articulation itself is just...poor. 

Shrews and Man City are the two best ones, and the rest are meh. 

• Like 3

The brief was clearly we want something like Derby and Swansea that can used in isolation, but bar a bit of training wear and some polos we haven't really. 

Personally, I f'ing hate it. it's abstract, uninspiring, and if I suddenly came into a few billion and bought the club it would be the first thing to go. 

• Like 3

On 29/07/2023 at 15:10, ollywhyte said:

The socks actually look the right colour today? Or is it just my TV! Maybe they’ve listened …

On 29/07/2023 at 15:16, Walshy said:

Yes they're different. Finally now the correct colour to match the shirts!

On 29/07/2023 at 15:25, Not Banksy said:

As much as this is a good thing… our kit has now changed every match since it was released ?

On 29/07/2023 at 15:53, spudski said:

Kinnel...same colour socks ?

Definitely changed the socks, it now doesn't look as blindingly odd as it did before.

Still looks shit, but not as odd. At least that's something.

31 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

I see Man U have signed a £900m ten-year deal with Adidas…. Crazy money I know but  I’d love to know how that compares with our O’Neils deal! 

Absolutely no relevance TBF, even if City went with Adidas or ManU were with O'neills the massive difference is status of the two clubs would be like the difference between chalk and cheese.

Unless it was pure speculation to the value of the agreement City had reached with the current kit supplier.

Edited by cider hoss rules

3 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I see Man U have signed a £900m ten-year deal with Adidas…. Crazy money I know but  I’d love to know how that compares with our O’Neils deal! 

They'll have to pay us much more than £900m to wear that stuff for 10 years!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Do we expect to have an away kit this week? Can’t imagine many other teams are waiting on one still.

Intrigued to see how it lands 

A lot has been made of us parting ways with Hummel. 

Coventry still haven't released their away (or 3rd) kits and they are going to need that for Sunday. 

Their home kits won't be on sale until after about 3 games into the season. 

They only just managed to get home kits to play friendlies in but didn't even have enough time to put the sponsor on. 

We don't need an away kit ASAP as we have the 3rd kit. 

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Coventry still haven't released their away (or 3rd) kits and they are going to need that for Sunday. 

They only just managed to get home kits to play friendlies in but didn't even have enough time to put the sponsor on. 

I think we aspire to be more impressively run than Coventry, what with their stadium and other off-field issues (doing well on it mind!).

It's the silence that's annoying me regarding the away kit at this point. If the club just put out a statement to say 'we'll be releasing the away kit in September due to a delay and utilising the home and third shirt until then', that'd be absolutely fine. But the head-in-the-sand attitude to the kit issues is grating! 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

And people wonder why we moved away from Hummel despite other clubs sticking! 

• Admin
2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

I think we aspire to be more impressively run than Coventry, what with their stadium and other off-field issues (doing well on it mind!).

It's the silence that's annoying me regarding the away kit at this point. If the club just put out a statement to say 'we'll be releasing the away kit in September due to a delay and utilising the home and third shirt until then', that'd be absolutely fine. But the head-in-the-sand attitude to the kit issues is grating! 

Probably waiting until the day we sell Alex to bury the release given how well received the blue kit will be.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

And people wonder why we moved away from Hummel despite other clubs sticking! 

Yes O’Neills has been fabulous…. Where is our away kit? Why our are collars too big? Why didn’t our socks match our shirts until the last game? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yes O’Neills has been fabulous…. Where is our away kit? Why our are collars too big? Why didn’t our socks match our shirts until the last game? 

I’m still shocked people are not getting it, 

The away kit will be blue, they are releasing it as late as possible as people can finish complaining/moaning about the third kit, then release the blue away kit just close enough to the start of the season or just after. 

The people who run the club are not stupid, they know a lot of people won’t be happy. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

The away kit will be blue, they are releasing it as late as possible as people can finish complaining/moaning about the third kit, then release the blue away kit just close enough to the start of the season or just after. 

The people who run the club are not stupid, they know a lot of people won’t be happy. 

To be fair, apart from yourself, most people seem completely unbothered by the prospect of a blue away kit.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

It's actually amusing now how much of the above post is incorrect 

• Like 1