IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

• Admin
4 hours ago, Spike said:

The irony.... 

I make kits as a hobby, I have even had some of mine put into production so I guess I have a hobby?

In the past OTIB usually has multiple pages of people designing all sorts of kits but we missed out on that this season due to the shirt being released so early 

I am curious though, if you make kits for a hobby who are you making them for? Which ones were put into production? 

You obviously have a talent, you should share with us 

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Follow a template but make it bespoke. Right. 

Again, not what I said. I said that these are based on templates, I said if I were designing one I would keep it simple and bespoke. 

Honestly the more I post on here the more I realise that all people want to do is start arguments. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

In the past OTIB usually has multiple pages of people designing all sorts of kits but we missed out on that this season due to the shirt being released so early 

I am curious though, if you make kits for a hobby who are you making them for? Which ones were put into production? 

You obviously have a talent, you should share with us 

I started making them for video games, then I made some for local teams (I live in Wales) and I've moved onto a few designs for semi professional teams that I won't name for various reasons. 

These kits I've made are literally just using FM templates, anyone can do them.

The kits I've designed are far more thought out as you have to consider cost, what materials are being used, if there is elastine being used and how the shirt is constructed. It's not just a case of the design but how that design translates to the shirt and it's cuts. 

I kind of hoped that when we went to Bristol Sport wear that they would get the fans more involved, we've got a lot of critics on these forums and whilst I think criticism of something done poorly is a good thing I don't agree with criticsm without any suggestions of what to improve. If the fans gave constructive feedback on what they don't like and what they do like I feel like those responsible would have a lot more to work with than "my nan could do better".... those kinds of snarky comments don't help anyone, it adds nothing to the conversation other than you've got nothing helpful to say. 

When it comes to shirts for this club the fans should be giving feedback that is useful like selections of colours they prefer, whether they like traditional or modern styling, if they like plain designs or "outrageous" patterns etc instead it's mainly sarcastic comments in an attempt to get a cheap laugh. 

Anyway, rant over, I'll leave the designing to the experts in here who have yet to offer anything up. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Good idea. 

Not quite sure why your comments are so barbed towards the poster, they've put up some lush designs tbh, a million times better than the rubbish we've got currently as our kit IMO. 

• Like 16
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Spike said:

Honestly the more I post on here the more I realise that all people want to do is start arguments. 

That should be the OTIB strapline: "Come here and start an argument"

5 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Good idea. 

As you're such an aesthete and expert, how's about you have a crack, using templates?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spike said:

The kits I've designed are far more thought out as you have to consider cost, what materials are being used, if there is elastine being used and how the shirt is constructed. It's not just a case of the design but how that design translates to the shirt and it's cuts. 

Good bit of insight for people, add the Club would have to consider any changes for replica kits and the amount of shirts needed would add to the problems.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

I kind of hoped that when we went to Bristol Sport wear that they would get the fans more involved

5 hours ago, Spike said:

When it comes to shirts for this club the fans should be giving feedback that is useful like selections of colours they prefer, whether they like traditional or modern styling, if they like plain designs or "outrageous" patterns etc

I think we all agree. They wouldn't have to ask for whole designs, more preferences or guidelines , like as you say colours.

5 hours ago, Spike said:

If the fans gave constructive feedback on what they don't like and what they do like I feel like those responsible would have a lot more to work with than "my nan could do better".... those kinds of snarky comments don't help anyone, it adds nothing to the conversation other than you've got nothing helpful to say. 

It's the easy reply though and sadly thats the way the internet has gone. For the most part you do get good debate on here, but there are still those posts every now and again.

If it interests you it will probably interest others, and while I haven't liked some shirts you have done, I have shared photos of kits I have liked . So really how much difference is there in that. 
It's a forum of contrasting opinions , keep posting and starting debates .

In other news , Kappa are doing some great stuff ATM

Screenshot2023-08-04at07_20_08.png.030681590966928cd27f6f67212a2a1d.png

Screenshot2023-08-04at07_21_13.png.b58317d8943277e1e4d30dbf1dad9996.png

Screenshot2023-08-04at07_21_42.png.c1119bc4b78d1d07a8c924ac42bf9c7e.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Spike said:

Again, not what I said. I said that these are based on templates, I said if I were designing one I would keep it simple and bespoke. 

I started making them for video games, then I made some for local teams (I live in Wales) and I've moved onto a few designs for semi professional teams that I won't name for various reasons. 

These kits I've made are literally just using FM templates, anyone can do them.

I kind of hoped that when we went to Bristol Sport wear that they would get the fans more involved, we've got a lot of critics on these forums and whilst I think criticism of something done poorly is a good thing I don't agree with criticsm without any suggestions of what to improve. If the fans gave constructive feedback on what they don't like and what they do like I feel like those responsible would have a lot more to work with than "my nan could do better".... those kinds of snarky comments don't help anyone, it adds nothing to the conversation other than you've got nothing helpful to say. 

When it comes to shirts for this club the fans should be giving feedback that is useful like selections of colours they prefer, whether they like traditional or modern styling, if they like plain designs or "outrageous" patterns etc instead it's mainly sarcastic comments in an attempt to get a cheap laugh. 

Anyway, rant over, I'll leave the designing to the experts in here who have yet to offer anything up. 

Don’t listen mate, like you’ve said, some posters are in here just for a fight. It’s pathetic and says more about them than it does about you. It’s incredible what humans are like when they can hide behind a username. Strangers would never say this to your face if you met them in person, remember that.

As for your designs, I think they’re great. I’d buy any of those, especially the adidas lime and green offerings. Keep them coming I say! 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Spike said:

5 hours ago, Akira said:

Not quite sure why your comments are so barbed towards the poster, they've put up some lush designs tbh, a million times better than the rubbish we've got currently as our kit IMO. 

Agard is a literal troll. He doesn’t troll like Robbored, who will sometimes give an actual opinion, Agard just shitposts 24/7, very strange person, the ignore function is broken unfortunately or they’d be on it.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Good bit of insight for people, add the Club would have to consider any changes for replica kits and the amount of shirts needed would add to the problems.

I think we all agree. They wouldn't have to ask for whole designs, more preferences or guidelines , like as you say colours.

It's the easy reply though and sadly thats the way the internet has gone. For the most part you do get good debate on here, but there are still those posts every now and again.

If it interests you it will probably interest others, and while I haven't liked some shirts you have done, I have shared photos of kits I have liked . So really how much difference is there in that. 
It's a forum of contrasting opinions , keep posting and starting debates .

In other news , Kappa are doing some great stuff ATM

Screenshot2023-08-04at07_20_08.png.030681590966928cd27f6f67212a2a1d.png

Screenshot2023-08-04at07_21_13.png.b58317d8943277e1e4d30dbf1dad9996.png

Screenshot2023-08-04at07_21_42.png.c1119bc4b78d1d07a8c924ac42bf9c7e.png

Always liked Kappa designs, but never like their "fitted" style shirts. Definitely doesn't suit me and I hate tight fitting clothes ?

17 hours ago, Spike said:

Completely off subject but I was interested to see what our kits could look like if supplied by another company so I made some:

Adidas:
caMH36K.png uEbivql.png

Errea:

xBkfJDC.png 39IIZjf.png

Macron:

qVmhdL0.png 1iMGp8k.png

New Balance: 

xsESnzz.pngy7wV1vC.png

Nike:

KbjmWTD.png fDy1SO6.png

Puma:

Ad4MeJX.png iTNxRjM.png

Umbro:

I601wEh.png KAI5hi4.png

Every one of those kits is better than what’s currently on offer from O’Neills IMO. Umbro would get my vote.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, Henry said:

@phantom can we assume this wasn’t asked then?

Sorry @Henry missed this, it was asked but no answer was given, at the time Phil Alexander said he would contact someone and come back to the SC&T chair with details of when the kit would be available - this is what prompted the announcement about Aug / Sept

4 hours ago, SecretSam said:

As you're such an aesthete and expert, how's about you have a crack, using templates?

I’ve never claimed to be an aesthete or an expert, and as I am not in sportswear or clothing design I won’t be having a crack. The last time I designed a football kit was as a child and I don’t tend to do much colouring in nowadays.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Agard is a literal troll. He doesn’t troll like Robbored, who will sometimes give an actual opinion, Agard just shitposts 24/7, very strange person, the ignore function is broken unfortunately or they’d be on it.

Don’t think I’ve ever corresponded with you Marc, so don’t appreciate this. I was simply giving an actual opinion on the mocked up bespoke template kits. 

It’s incredible what humans are like when they can hide behind a username. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

I’ve never claimed to be an aesthete or an expert, and as I am not in sportswear or clothing design I won’t be having a crack. The last time I designed a football kit was as a child and I don’t tend to do much colouring in nowadays.

You should try it, mummy might give you a sticker

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Spike said:

Completely off subject but I was interested to see what our kits could look like if supplied by another company so I made some:

Adidas:
caMH36K.png uEbivql.png

Errea:

xBkfJDC.png 39IIZjf.png

Macron:

qVmhdL0.png 1iMGp8k.png

New Balance: 

xsESnzz.pngy7wV1vC.png

Nike:

KbjmWTD.png fDy1SO6.png

Puma:

Ad4MeJX.png iTNxRjM.png

Umbro:

I601wEh.png KAI5hi4.png

Good work!

All better than the actual offering 

Quite why some posters have decided to be so spiteful in their comments, I don’t know… but feel free to chuck in any further ideas! 

On 02/08/2023 at 23:50, Not Banksy said:

Just a thought .. Thinking about it.. have they pulled the kit as it had the splat on it.. surely releasing in September was never the plan… they must have seen how much people hated it after the third kit came out… seems a bit of a mad situation to not have an away kit this long after the deal was made with oneills 

This was my take thinking on it the other day. Retracted to amend - hence delays in production.

• Admin
4 hours ago, Fuber said:

This was my take thinking on it the other day. Retracted to amend - hence delays in production.

Again..... 

On 03/08/2023 at 11:36, phantom said:

No, kit wasn't "pulled" because of the "splat" 

September was never the plan - but sometimes things are outside the clubs control

13 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Working fine for me - can't see any of those posts unless I click on them and choose to read them.

38 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

How does one find this option? The thought of blocking low energy twitter hottake shitposters on the politics forum is appealing. 

@phantom is quick off the mark tonight! 

Give it a go and see how much more pleasant and stressfree your browsing is. Can get a bit confusing if one of the usual suspects hijacks a thread and goes on a trolling rampage though sometimes!!

That is course unless you've put me on your ignore list, in which case, good day to you sir, see you on the other side :whistle2:

• Like 2

On 03/08/2023 at 19:07, Agard Days Night said:

Goes to show it’s not that easy!

The kits all look very good

I like the New Balance and Nike combo’s the best.

I would buy both away kits. 

They make look both kits we have at the moment look embarrassing.

Send those to the club.

They should just give you the job to design them and then they could be put to a vote.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Again..... 

Ah, sorry Phants, missed that one.

However I'd caveat that by saying in that case its just absolutely piss-poor by the club. I'd argue they've lost more money moving over to O'Neills - in a shortsighted move at an attempt of temporary cash-cow - than they otherwise would have done sticking with and awaiting change of Hummel's UK distributor (As others have mooted in thread). Due to the associated cost of reduced longer term commercial gain from a better value and higher quality suite of products they would have had sticking with the latter.
Alternaitvely as the market is likely mostly children, for all that I'm assuming, it may be parents wont care as long as the kids dont care and just want the latest shirt. Can guarentee those that do buy shirts are buying out more 'classic' options to avoid the quality issues -  thereby costing the club money. I've seen a couple who are more vocal critics on the socials side doing exactly that including a friend.

More surprised the club dont just bundle the shirts in with promotional season ticket deals on renewals to be able to get an idea of the scope demand for the kit earlier on - would save more of the stock issues from happening to a marginal extent, i.e. optional £20 and £30 add-on fees to season tickets (Adult and kids) deals for shirts. for early and end of season renewal and new season tickets up to July 15th, not that O'Neills have an excuse as lead times by their own website are 4-8 weeks it seems for UK customer(s).

And thats not even touching on the 'splat' issue. Becoming apparent rather that waiting for the wound to heal, we've cut the nose to spite the face - in not waiting for Hummel to resolve their distribution/distributor issues. Buck stops with JL as Chairman at the end of the day.

• Like 1