IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

10 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Youth fashion culture aside, the comments here have a lot less to do with brand snobbery and a lot more to do with the quality and fit of the Oneill kits compared with quality manufacturers such as Nike and Adidas. The difference is night and day. If Oneill were making good stuff, people would be happy. But they’re producing crap and we’re still expected to shell out £50 for a shirt.

Case in point; Castore have been often cited as a new manufacturer who have been producing some nice tops. It’s not the brand that matters, it’s the quality.

I think we have to agree to disagree on this, NO replica football kit or sportswear realistically justifies a £50 price tag regardless of quality, but sadly that’s the age we live in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

I think we have to agree to disagree on this, NO replica football kit or sportswear realistically justifies a £50 price tag regardless of quality, but sadly that’s the age we live in.

I agree with that. They’re all overpriced and the profit margin is enormous. But at the very least, a lesser quality item should be cheaper.

21 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If it is purple, that means we have: -

- A red home shirt

- A purple away shirt

- A yellow third shirt

- Blue and black training wear

- A club crest, a splat Robin AND the City round 70s logo thing.

…which is absolutely shambolic brand management.

I was about to write exactly the same thing. Talk about confused. What on earth is going on ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Selred said:

Love to see it! In my opinion City should be in the blood, passed down generation to generation (otherwise no one would actively choose to support us!!)

Nothing whatsoever to do with the kit but left home in Windmill Hill yesterday afternoon to go for a walk about 5pm & there was a kiddie aged about 8 on his own kicking a ball against the wall in the bit of green next to the Rising Sun pub in full City kit, this season’s shirt, shorts & socks.

I just thought it was bloody fantastic to see, fair ******* play. BS3 kiddie supporting his local club, just like it should be.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Nothing whatsoever to do with the kit but left home in Windmill Hill yesterday afternoon to go for a walk about 5pm & there was a kiddie aged about 8 on his own kicking a ball against the wall in the bit of green next to the Rising Sun pub in full City kit, this season’s shirt, shorts & socks.

I just thought it was bloody fantastic to see, fair ******* play. BS3 kiddie supporting his local club, just like it should be.

Watch Bristol City now use this messaging to promote kits.

"Bloody Fantastic" @GrahamC

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Selred said:

Watch Bristol City now use this messaging to promote kits.

"Bloody Fantastic" @GrahamC

I actually like the home one, (hated the “Arsenal” one) but as a 60 year old who last bought a replica shirt when Terry Cooper was manager I somehow don’t think I’m the demographic they’re after..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

One of the few things the club has got absolutely spot-on is the free top with an U12 Season Ticket. Great to see so many kids wearing their tops in and around BS3 and beyond. 

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

47 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Exactly. You can buy similar shirts in Sports Direct for £10 if they have no club attached to them.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

If its purple and black, then the use of blue training tops is even more bizarre, especially the amount of time the team wears them. 

I think its clear that they were going to go with a blue away shirt then backed out (if it is indeed purple and black).  Would that explain the delay? 

No, as mentioned elsewhere it is just the length of time that it takes to get the kit

As I wrote elsewhere the Bears and Flyers kits are only just coming through now, the reason theirs has gone under the radar is because their seasons haven't started

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

With the delay in getting the kits announced, it is feasible that it was originally going to be blue and the delay was caused after a rethink.

Not sure the club will ever tells us, anyway.

There never was a blue kit, that was just a random poster on here that appeared out of nowhere to stir things up

The kit is only actually a number of days late, as others have discussed in this thread it does take a very long time to produce (why that is that is an answer for someone from that industry) but as nice a rumour as it is the kit was never going to be blue

• Flames 1

36 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I actually like the home one, (hated the “Arsenal” one) but as a 60 year old who last bought a replica shirt when Terry Cooper was manager I somehow don’t think I’m the demographic they’re after..

Stick to the calendar Graham - whilst all the other bigwigs at work had team planners etc on the wall, Graham had the City calendar. Its why he's one of my favourite ex-bosses!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Don't forget someone kept coming on here telling us all it was blue :laugh:

But they wouldn't be told 

100% not the Robin 

Oh Phantom, how cute you are becoming drip feeding information and doing the old “I can’t tell you how I know, but I know” since joining a few supporters trust meetings. Xx

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Ghost Rider said:

If its purple and black, then the use of blue training tops is even more bizarre, especially the amount of time the team wears them. 

I think it’s clear that they were going to go with a blue away shirt then backed out (if it is indeed purple and black).  Would that explain the delay? 

Don’t tell @phantom you thought that, as he’s believed what the CEO told him in the secret meetings. 

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

No, as mentioned elsewhere it is just the length of time that it takes to get the kit

As I wrote elsewhere the Bears and Flyers kits are only just coming through now, the reason theirs has gone under the radar is because their seasons haven't started

There never was a blue kit, that was just a random poster on here that appeared out of nowhere to stir things up

The kit is only actually a number of days late, as others have discussed in this thread it does take a very long time to produce (why that is that is an answer for someone from that industry) but as nice a rumour as it is the kit was never going to be blue

Phantom, you keep mentioning a random poster out of nowhere (myself) to stir things up. 

When since the creation of the football club, have we had some much blue training gear being made, blue on social media accounts, we barely saw any red for weeks.

Just as you wish to believe what the CEO told you, doesn’t mean 1 it’s true or 2 there wasn’t warrant for fans to be concerned. 

3 hours ago, Selred said:

Love to see it! In my opinion City should be in the blood, passed down generation to generation (otherwise no one would actively choose to support us!!)

Hm, not in my case, dad couldn't tell one side of a football from the other.

If he had, I'd have probably got to see City a couple of years earlier, beating Liverpool in the league.