IGNORED

Favourite active commentator.

The turtle

One of the greatest jobs in football.

One of the most difficult jobs in football.

Not one of them universally loved, yet all the soundtrack to TV  and radio football life.

But who do you most enjoy?

For me personally, it's peter drury.

His story on how he came to "roma have risen from their ruins" well it makes the commentary even more mythical. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoXtR9Aj6yZ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

However, i get it, he won't be to everyone's taste.

So,who is your favourite current commentator, and why?

If we're talking television commentators there are only two, Jonathan Pearce and Martin Tyler. The rest are Opinionators who prattle on about all and sundry with whatever moronic sidekick is with them and never mention the match being watched. I've liked Tyler for years, back to the days when he commentated on Eredivisie for ESPN, but Pearce edges it now, and being a City fan is a bonus. 

• Like 1

As I mentioned on the Motty thread, to become a favourite of mine a commentator needs to have a voice and accent which is easy on the ear.

This might sound controversial but for me that tends to rule out some (only some) of the female commentators as their voices can get a bit shrill in a noisy stadium in a key moment.

Having insulted half the population I won't insult most of the rest by saying which regional accents I don't like but generally something neutral is easiest to listen to.

I haven't answered the question but those are my thoughts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As I mentioned on the Motty thread, to become a favourite of mine a commentator needs to have a voice and accent which is easy on the ear.

This might sound controversial but for me that tends to rule out some (only some) of the female commentators as their voices can get a bit shrill in a noisy stadium in a key moment.

Having insulted half the population I won't insult most of the rest by saying which regional accents I don't like but generally something neutral is easiest to listen to.

I haven't answered the question but those are my thoughts.

You haven’t insulted half the population, I don’t particularly like women commentators, some are better than others, plus some male commentators have shrill voices too, and talk nonsense 

The winner is Jonathan Pearce, not debate because he loves city and is authentic but still finds things to be positive about.

As a juxtaposition Toby Osborne on Robins TV loves city but isn't authentic, if we're shit he is still really positive about things that are shit.