IGNORED

Josh Owers and Seb Palmer-Houlden on loan to Yeovil

sh1t_ref_again

Yeovil Town are delighted to announce the signing of Josh Owers and Seb Palmer-Houlden on loan from Bristol City.

The two Robins academy graduates sign on loan until the end of the National League season.

Josh Owers is a box-to-box midfielder, who has experience within non-league under his belt having played for Gloucester City earlier this season, along with Bath City last campaign.

The 20-year-old was also part of the Robins side which reached the Professional Development League National Final, captaining the side the final against Coventry City at Ashton Gate.

Palmer-Houlden arrives to bolster the forward line, having enjoyed a prolific season so far for the Bristol City U23 side. His season has included goals against Everton & Newcastle’s youth teams along with a double against Watford.

Despite being just 18-years-old, the striker already has senior minutes under his belt, starring for Chippenham Town at the start of the season, before being recalled to be further integrated with the Robins’ first team squad.

Both players have been around the Bristol City first team squad, travelling for pre-season training camps with the first team and starring in friendlies.

The two Young Robins now venture to Somerset, and subject to the correct clearances, will be in the travelling squad to York City this afternoon.

I think Josh Owers may be gone in the summer. He’s fallen behind Kadji and OTC in the reckoning and is of an age where he needs to get things moving in order to avoid becoming another James Morton. We aren’t blessed with reams of fit midfielders either so if he was in the reckoning, he’d be kept around. I think this is “try before you buy” and it’s a good move for him.

SPH - Clearly about development and a different matter. Be interesting if he scores a few there particularly as Louis Britton couldn’t and might prove an indication of where he is on the curve.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think Josh Owers may be gone in the summer. He’s fallen behind Kadji and OTC in the reckoning and is of an age where he needs to get things moving in order to avoid becoming another James Morton. We aren’t blessed with reams of fit midfielders either so if he was in the reckoning, he’d be kept around. I think this is “try before you buy” and it’s a good move for him.

SPH - Clearly about development and a different matter. Be interesting if he scores a few there particularly as Louis Britton couldn’t and might prove an indication of where he is on the curve.

Exactly so.

A year ago he was on the bench for a couple of games if I recall correctly but seems to have fallen down the pecking order with the emergence of Taylor-Clarke (who seems to have got in front of Kadji too), I definitely expect him to be released this summer & so National League is a great shop window for him.

Great move for Seb but also a very tough gig, Yeovil struggle to score & he’s going in to a struggling side at 18 years of age being asked to score the goals to hopefully keep them up.

Whatever happens it will be a massive experience for him in terms of his own development.

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Palmer-Holden got 57 minutes, Owers 72.

Yeovil really struggling at the moment, they're not going into an easy environment.

I was surprised, dropped into relegation zone. I haven't taken much interest but they seemed to have dropped like a stone.
I thought they would be up around the top end.

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I was surprised, dropped into relegation zone. I haven't taken much interest but they seemed to have dropped like a stone.
I thought they would be up around the top end.

They were in a bad place when Cooper took over, he got them solid, lots of draws, the odd won…and got them out of trouble.  But they are on a bad run now, troubles behind the scenes, etc.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

They were in a bad place when Cooper took over, he got them solid, lots of draws, the odd won…and got them out of trouble.  But they are on a bad run now, troubles behind the scenes, etc.

"Troubles behind the scenes" are that bad, it threatens the existence of the club. Be under no illusion, Seb and Josh have gone to a club on the brink, genuinely feel sorry for them.

Owner (Scott Priestnall, failed businessman) took over in 2019 and hasn't put a penny of his own money into the club, borrowing against the club and running up debt. COVID came, we borrowed a million quid off Sport England who said it was only a loan but Priestnall says it was a grant, ie not to be repaid. During COVID, Priestnall set up a Crowdfunder with things like pictures with players, free tickets etc for those that donated but hardly anyone has got their rewards. So by now, without a pot to p*** in, just before Christmas, signed a deal with the council who then paid £2.8 million for the ground. Council still say now that (a) they bought club from holding company and not Priestnall (but its the same thing!) and (b) anyone can buy the club back at asking price (but has to go through Priestnall).

So now, with an unscrupulous owner that's in bed with Jed McCrory (read all about him, makes you weep!) and has set up a development company with him, we don't own our ground and planning has gone in for 250 houses on the immediate environs of the club. When I say "immediate", literally 50 feet from the front door. There will be barely any parking and the smart money is on Priestnall eventually getting permission to build on the pitch. Well, that will end up well.

Oh and in May, we'll have to pay rent to the council for our ground. Just the £196,000 a year then. And first three months rent payments will be due when no games are being played and taking away most of our season ticket funds. 

Back on topic, I wish them both well and Tins will have done his homework with the lads best interests at heart, I'm sure. 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

"Troubles behind the scenes" are that bad, it threatens the existence of the club. Be under no illusion, Seb and Josh have gone to a club on the brink, genuinely feel sorry for them.

Owner (Scott Priestnall, failed businessman) took over in 2019 and hasn't put a penny of his own money into the club, borrowing against the club and running up debt. COVID came, we borrowed a million quid off Sport England who said it was only a loan but Priestnall says it was a grant, ie not to be repaid. During COVID, Priestnall set up a Crowdfunder with things like pictures with players, free tickets etc for those that donated but hardly anyone has got their rewards. So by now, without a pot to p*** in, just before Christmas, signed a deal with the council who then paid £2.8 million for the ground. Council still say now that (a) they bought club from holding company and not Priestnall (but its the same thing!) and (b) anyone can buy the club back at asking price (but has to go through Priestnall).

So now, with an unscrupulous owner that's in bed with Jed McCrory (read all about him, makes you weep!) and has set up a development company with him, we don't own our ground and planning has gone in for 250 houses on the immediate environs of the club. When I say "immediate", literally 50 feet from the front door. There will be barely any parking and the smart money is on Priestnall eventually getting permission to build on the pitch. Well, that will end up well.

Oh and in May, we'll have to pay rent to the council for our ground. Just the £196,000 a year then. And first three months rent payments will be due when no games are being played and taking away most of our season ticket funds. 

Back on topic, I wish them both well and Tins will have done his homework with the lads best interests at heart, I'm sure. 

You should contact Private Eye, they love investigating stuff like this. Sounds ideal for their Rotten Boroughs column. :(

• Like 1

On 28/02/2023 at 14:18, Hamdon Mart said:

HI @Hamdon Mart obviously I was a little pre-occcupied with our own game last night, but I half heard something about a takeover at Yeovil? Is this good news from your point of view?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

HI @Hamdon Mart obviously I was a little pre-occcupied with our own game last night, but I half heard something about a takeover at Yeovil? Is this good news from your point of view?

Hi @Port Said Red, yes me too, thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the Gate!

Too early to say at the moment, I guess, until they do a press conference and answer the trillion and one questions the fans have got. A lot of those questions revolve around the land split and whether the new owners actually own the club, the stadium, the land, the surrounds or what combination of the four. Who is responsible for the rent etc etc, you get the picture? The original statement last night, released 45 minutes before a match at home, generated more questions than answers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

Hi @Port Said Red, yes me too, thoroughly enjoyed my evening at the Gate!

Too early to say at the moment, I guess, until they do a press conference and answer the trillion and one questions the fans have got. A lot of those questions revolve around the land split and whether the new owners actually own the club, the stadium, the land, the surrounds or what combination of the four. Who is responsible for the rent etc etc, you get the picture? The original statement last night, released 45 minutes before a match at home, generated more questions than answers.

Yes, my first thoughts were "who are they?" and "what do they have controlling interest in?" I wondered if we were aware that there was going to be a change and that's why we let the kids go there?

22 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

Seen on Facebook that both have returned to Bristol City (can’t embed link).

Thank goodness for that.

Been an absolute shambles for both of them, Yeovil had a ridiculous 10 players on loan, (2 of them arriving after Seb & Josh), one was injured & Will Buse (our keeper) was never involved because they don’t put a keeper on the bench, so 8 for just 5 places.

Not entirely sure who is signing all the new arrivals but doesn’t look as though it’s Mark Cooper.

Josh actually traveled up to Chesterfield for the game last week but even though Yeovil only named 4 subs he still didn’t even make the bench because the squad already had 5 other loan players in it.

After playing & doing well in their first few games it has been a complete waste of time for them both recently, hence them featuring for the 21s on Monday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Thank goodness for that.

Been an absolute shambles for both of them, Yeovil had a ridiculous 10 players on loan, (2 of them arriving after Seb & Josh), one was injured & Will Buse (our keeper) was never involved because they don’t put a keeper on the bench, so 8 for just 5 places.

Not entirely sure who is signing all the new arrivals but doesn’t look as though it’s Mark Cooper.

Josh actually traveled up to Chesterfield for the game last week but even though Yeovil only named 4 subs he still didn’t even make the bench because the squad already had 5 other loan players in it.

After playing & doing well in their first few games it has been a complete waste of time for them both recently, hence them featuring for the 21s on Monday.

Never mind ,they won't be tarnished with relegation when Yeovil go down !

22 hours ago, Mr X said:

It's been a large fall from grace for Yeovil who less than 10 years ago were in the Championship when we were in League 1!

Don't I know it! I wrote a book in 2013 based on the club's first decade in the Football League; sold out ten days before it was printed. Timing was perfect having just clinched promotion to the Championship at Wembley.

I'd struggle to sell ten copies based on the last decade. Three relegations, five other dogfights, two protracted takeovers... not to mention their failure to honour Crowdfunder promises made to fans, players forced to sleep in the hospitality boxes during the failed playoff campaign during COVID, sudden death of our captain. Been a dreadful last ten years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1