IGNORED

Was it a pen?

BS3_RED

I meant to say ......

It does actually even out over a season :dance:

The fact they had a dubious Pen day one, we had  3 credible shouts ignored and I shouted myself horse calling the Ref names for ignoring them. Today, I thought the Ref was leaning towards them , as far as decisions went. Then , well ....

We're Bristol City, we'll get a Pen when we want :clapping:

? 

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

At first I thought it was outside the area, and his arm was close to his body. Which made me extremely happy as I was at Hull calling the Ref a *** first game of the season.

Having seen the highlights , it is in the box , and his hand is a little away from the body. So over the previous 469 games, no Pen, but now , Definite Pen.

In all honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if the Ref hadn't given it. Specially as he seemed to give us very little before.

https://www.skysports.com/football/bristol-city-vs-hull-city/report/468221

After studying that penalty I’ve heard we will not get another one for 22 years 

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

After studying that penalty I’ve heard we will not get another one for 22 years 

Nah, I've had a word and we will get one a week until I feel they have made up for the Previous 469 days. 
They have promised our next on 93 minutes Tuesday, as long as it's 0-0 at the time.

Who cares? There have been multiple times this season where we should have had a penalty, but didn't. We could come up against a decision against Cardiff where it it stonewall, but not given. This is the beauty of championship football without VAR..make the most of it, because in a few years VAR will be here.

I thought it was outside the box. Replays clearly show it was in the box. Gary Owers said on radio Bristol he thought it was harsh because the player didn’t move his arm to it. If you watch the sky sports highlights it shows an angle from behind the goal where the defender had his arm by his side and lifted it as the ball was hit. I didn’t think so at the time but clear pen looking at replays

3 hours ago, whale said:

Skip to 54 seconds

Thought it was outside the box at the time but this replay looks inside.

Presumably the writer couldn't be bothered to do any research, but very sloppy.

The hosts, wearing their new home shirt, red with double white pinstripes, made a fast start and Mark Sykes had a low shot saved by Darlow's outstretched leg in the opening minute.

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

Never a penalty. But the ref knows he got the first two wrong. 

By the way, how shit was the Lino in front of the dolman?

Have you actually seen the highlights?  he was clearly inside the box, maybe in the instant you saw it live it did not look it, personally from my seat in the Dolman practically in line I instantly shouted pen it was given literally a split second later.

Edited by pillred

15 minutes ago, pillred said:

Have you actually seen the highlights?  he was clearly inside the box, maybe in the instant you saw it live it did not look it, personally from my seat in the Dolman practically in line I instantly shouted pen it was given literally a split second later.

@glynrileytheres a good behind the goal camera view of it…definite pen.  Not that it means they are given 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

@glynrileytheres a good behind the goal camera view of it…definite pen.  Not that it means they are given 

Don’t get me wrong, I shouted for it. Just as I did for the 2 in the first half and the foul on Anis. Just didn’t think if the others weren’t give that one wasn’t going to be. 

Happy it was mind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Presumably the writer couldn't be bothered to do any research, but very sloppy.

The hosts, wearing their new home shirt, red with double white pinstripes, made a fast start and Mark Sykes had a low shot saved by Darlow's outstretched leg in the opening minute.

I'm sorry, I've read this a number of times now, but what exactly is wrong about the bit you've put in bold? ? Our home shirt is new, is red and does have a double white pinstripe design?

• Like 2

I wasn't at the game, suffering in Cardiff Millennium, but it was a penalty because the referee said so and we scored a goal and won the game.

I could not care less if it is proved not to be a handball in the box.

For the last two seasons we have been denied a significant number of "certs" by putrid refereeing and the penalty that was awarded at Hull on first day of this season when their player clearly cheated and fooled another useless referee.