IGNORED

Kalas

joshbristol

17 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Logic says that we don’t offer him anything but I just have a feeling that Pearson rates him & that if he’s willing to take a big pay cut it’s not yet a definite no.

Could be wrong but he’s currently the only one out of contract this summer that I’m not sure which way it will go.

Think he has to play at least 6 games and end season on a high to be in with a chance of a contract . It’s clear that Pearson really likes him & coupled with the fact that his girlfriend lives next door to her parents in their Long Ashton home, then there are other factors that may lead to him taking a reduction. Has to play though to even have a chance of an offer but think personally he stays if he proves fitness and accepts reduction.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Think a deal has already been offered to Kalas IMO, even though he’s has a tough time with injury’s, the medical team with all the technology available to them know how serious these are or not.  Why would we delay an offer when they have the facts.  
If season tickets are stuttering due the economic climate, Kalas resigning would probably boost those sales. 

4 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Think a deal has already been offered to Kalas IMO, even though he’s has a tough time with injury’s, the medical team with all the technology available to them know how serious these are or not.  Why would we delay an offer when they have the facts.  
If season tickets are stuttering due the economic climate, Kalas resigning would probably boost those sales. 

I think Kalas re-signing might boost them more. 

Yours sincerely,

A. Pedant. 

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, italian dave said:

I imagine that the club will have a whole lot more knowledge than any of us on here about the nature of his injuries, their long term impact and a view on the likelihood of a recurrence. And that will play a big part in any decision. 

Very true. Thanks to our friend wiki, a check on his playing career shows a good record games played. This last 12 months have been hard luck for him with two injuries in a row, but if the medical team believe with confidence he will certainly overcome them he has to be worth a contract offer. I believe a fit Kalas is the best defender at the club and was he not our record signing.  We watch with interest but I suspect a deal will be on the table (similar to NW scenario).  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Very true. Thanks to our friend wiki, a check on his playing career shows a good record games played. This last 12 months have been hard luck for him with two injuries in a row, but if the medical team believe with confidence he will certainly overcome them he has to be worth a contract offer. I believe a fit Kalas is the best defender at the club and was he not our record signing.  We watch with interest but I suspect a deal will be on the table (similar to NW scenario).  

I posted something similar a while ago after he was being called a sicknote. He has a very good record for us, but a bit like Baker, because of the type of defenders that they are/were, they are more likely to get knocks. Remember his broken jaw?

It didn't help change the views of the sicknote labellers mind, so I just gave up in the end?

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I bet Marley Watkins didn’t!

Couldn't actually remember who it was, mind you I think there's probably a lot more that Watkins wishes he couldn't remember from his latter days here, especially if the rumours about Nige finding him hiding were true!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Got to love the English language. One hyphen and the meaning of the word is completely reversed.

Spelling, punctuation and grammar are so important.  It could mean the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit....or between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse or helping your uncle jack off a horse!

As for Kalas - everything will come down to what his bottom line is.  I think we'd want him to stay, but there won't be any formal contract offer if his expectations and our ours are too far apart.  Everything will be have been informal chats until that's known.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Spelling, punctuation and grammar are so important.  It could mean the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit....or between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse or helping your uncle jack off a horse!

As for Kalas - everything will come down to what his bottom line is.  I think we'd want him to stay, but there won't be any formal contract offer if his expectations and our ours are too far apart.  Everything will be have been informal chats until that's known.  

For me, it would have to be a conditional contract, e.g. 1-year deal with option for another year if available for x number of games.  I don’t think we can be giving him 2/3 years off the bat, not unless there are some very sensible break clauses.

A fit Kalas is an asset to us.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

I think that just because of the way he has played the game he isnt destined for a long career into this mid 30s… the year out injured must mean offering another multiple year contract is a big risk, and he would still be a top earner even if his salary was cut in half. Im not sure he would make the difference for us in the championship if he played every game. For me he ought to be released,,, and dasilva too

34 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Is jacking off a horse part of Kalas's recovery programme and why is Tomasz's uncle Jack lending a hand instead of our medical team?

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I think that just because of the way he has played the game he isnt destined for a long career into this mid 30s… the year out injured must mean offering another multiple year contract is a big risk, and he would still be a top earner even if his salary was cut in half. Im not sure he would make the difference for us in the championship if he played every game. For me he ought to be released,,, and dasilva too

Would be interesting to see his availability record prior to joining us. The equivalent for Williams was excellent e.g.

52 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Look at when Weimann was injured, and what he was offered at the time. 

If Kalas has a similar mindset, wage requirements etc, then it could easily be a similar deal.

As for not making a difference, I beg to differ. Atkinson, Naismith and Kalas in the same side would give a lot of sides a hard time, and the strikers a lot to think about. When Kalas has been back in the side, it's no coincidence that we've looked better at the back.

Edited by Taz
Sorry, forgot Vyner. After his showings this season he's not going to be dropped either!!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Makes a change from the usual "'Panda: eats shoots and leaves versus 'Panda: eats, shoots and leaves'" ?

• Haha 1