IGNORED

Kalas

joshbristol

Remember all those posts about how “overpriced” he was? At the time when we got £20m for Webster.

Absolute clowns.

When fit he’s an absolute outstanding defender & what he showed tonight was the form he was in when the Czechs made the Euro quarter finals.

Outstanding tonight, if he plays like that for the rest of the season then he’ll get an offer we can’t match.

• Like 5

Kalas and Cam Pring both excellent tonight I thought. Both had by far and away their best performances ever imho. But like others have said you could pick many names out and make a good arguement for them. Scott I think confirmed what most of us already suspected and can easily slot in against world class players and not look out of place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Remember all those posts about how “overpriced” he was? At the time when we got £20m for Webster.

Absolute clowns.

When fit he’s an absolute outstanding defender & what he showed tonight was the form he was in when the Czechs made the Euro quarter finals.

Outstanding tonight, if he plays like that for the rest of the season then he’ll get an offer we can’t match.

He showed his international class tonight. For a significant proportion of the first half he was man-marking De Bruyne and keeping him out of the game. You have to be top class to do that. As for some of his reading of the game, his interceptions and his speed, he wouldn’t have looked out of place playing for them rather than us. The fact that he can so comfortably play as a left centre back when he is clearly right footed is also testament to his talent. Any chance we can keep him on next season we should try to pursue but I fear that is unlikely as other clubs may well be willing to pay a lot more for his services than we can now afford.

Edited by Dr Balls
Spelling
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Johnr1986 said:

Vyner has been excellent this season,  

but a kalas like tonight with a  fit inform Atkinson would be a really strong pairing 

Yep, I’ve been saying that for a while. Kalas is our best defender and I’d like to think conversations are under way on a new deal.

That said, he’s at an age where his next contract should be his biggest, and I doubt we can compete with that.  

• Like 1

Come on City...........he must be given a new contract ASAP.  He has always been one of my favourite players, and he has proved tonite that class is permanent.   He would cost a fortune to replace, so please can we do everything we can to retain him?  He deserves a solid 3 year contract..........so let's get it done!!