IGNORED

ITV Coverage

Gazred

6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Why can’t you just answer with a simple yes or no like a normal person would?

You didn’t go, did you?

#properfan

I’d have thought it was obvious……:cool2:…………by the time I remembered the tickets were sold out so I watched it on TV.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Red Cloud said:

Agree, shame they have to follow the same box-ticking as Sky and the BBC - presenters should be there on merit NOT skin-colour/sex

So, which of the presenters weren't there on merit? 

Laura Woods? Vastly experienced sports presenter with a wealth of knowledge of football, and an excellent presenting style?

Ian Wright? Huge number of appearances at the highest level of football, and over a decades experience as a pundit?

Roy Keane? No, wait, he's a white male so presumably is automatically qualified, so can't be him.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Laura Woods? Vastly experienced sports presenter with a wealth of knowledge of football, and an excellent presenting style?

Ian Wright? Huge number of appearances at the highest level of football, and over a decades experience as a pundit?

Roy Keane? No, wait, he's a white male so presumably is automatically qualified, so can't be him.

As always ... Hate it when your point is beyond on the money.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’d have thought it was obvious……:cool2:…………by the time I remembered the tickets were sold out so I watched it on TV.

How the **** could you forget? 

You’ve been reading this forum every day since the draw was made. Didn’t you see any clues?

#properfanmyass

36 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

He is Irish though. It's the woke agenda I tell 'ee (or something equally silly)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

How the **** could you forget? 

You’ve been reading this forum every day since the draw was made. Didn’t you see any clues?

I have much more going on in my life than football RLL. Although I’m retired I’m a busy guy.I often wonder how I ever found time to work………….:dunno: 

Edited by Robbored

On 01/03/2023 at 18:54, Robbored said:

I have much more going on in my life than football RLL. Although I’m retired I’m a busy guy.I often wonder how I ever found time to work………….:dunno: 

"I have much more going on in my life than football RLL" - Robbored - 40,000 posts on an internet forum.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14
  • Flames 1

Watching game back now, about 65 in.

Could Foden have got more than a yellow for the challenge on Sykes?? Or is that greed and optimism bias? ? Definite penalty on 10 mins though and without doubt Bell on edge of the box a free kick.

Atmosphere was ? as I remembered! Ederson clearly took it out too!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could Foden have got more than a yellow doe the challenge on Sykes?? Or is that greed and optimism bias? ? Definite penalty on 10 mins though and without doubt Bell on edge of the box a free kick.

Atmosphere was ? as I remembered! Ederson clearly took it out too!

I thought at the time it should've been a red.  The red mist had descended and there was no intention in him at all to win the ball it seemed - he lost control of his temper and he seemed to just want to hit someone - anyone - hard.  It was reckless and it was retaliation.  I expected better of an experienced international player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could Foden have got more than a yellow doe the challenge on Sykes?? Or is that greed and optimism bias? ? Definite penalty on 10 mins though and without doubt Bell on edge of the box a free kick.

Atmosphere was as I remembered ?

Same here just finished it. I won't tell you the final score! 

Can't help but feel that with VAR it's a penalty.

Funny how it seemed different to me watching it back. We were much more in it than I remembered (think that might be nerves on the night) and the atmosphere was better than I thought at the time. Recently when I have been going to AG I have been sitting high up mid Dolman but I'm beginning to think that's not a good place to appreciate the atmosphere.

I thought they gave us a lot of coverage and for ITV it was ok. 

Edited by Reigate Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

"I have much more going on in my life than football RLL" - Robbored - 40,000 posts on an internet forum.....

Probably a good idea to put that into context seeing he began posting 20 years ago.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I suspect you’ve forgotten what it means to be busy.

As for forgetting to buy tickets….wow.

I made the mistake of assuming that SC holders got a longer time but unfortunately I got that wrong. When I applied it was sold out.

Only  myself to blame…………….…:disapointed2se:

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2023 at 08:37, Atyeo's Love Child said:

Thought it was good, watched everything except the game when I got home.

Love Laura Woods as a presenter, she has a great rapport with the pundits... very good on talk sport too.

I love Laura Woods on TV. But I can't listen to her on Talksport. Her and McCoist just giggle through the entire show. 

However they are both far more professional on TV.

After watching the coverage back I loved the question by Laura Woods to Wrighty, which was something like “what do you think of the 5 changes City have made?” Wrighty then goes on to discuss us!

Two points from this, ITV now know there’s more than one team with City in their name and secondly, do your research to know the changes each team has made?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I thought at the time it should've been a red.  The red mist had descended and there was no intention in him at all to win the ball it seemed - he lost control of his temper and he seemed to just want to hit someone - anyone - hard.  It was reckless and it was retaliation.  I expected better of an experienced international player.

I am conflicted on it, can't make mind up- often a yellow but I also ask myself had it been by Sykes on Foden yellow card only?? How can we compare the straight red that Sykes himself got v Luton when reacting to being sandwiched. Neither were in full control and with rain etc the conditions were worse for the one that Sykes got.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

On 01/03/2023 at 11:35, Northern Red said:

Remeber watching a Premiership Cup rugby match on BT a few years ago, the Dolman was shut because it was a low crowd so they filmed it from that side and it looked miles better.

There was a camera at the back of D block but I’m guessing it was only used for replays rather than the main one then?  I definitely agree the club should think about this, the current position looks rubbish on TV both for watching the match and how it makes the stadium look.  

16 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

Same here just finished it. I won't tell you the final score! 

Can't help but feel that with VAR it's a penalty.

Funny how it seemed different to me watching it back. We were much more in it than I remembered (think that might be nerves on the night) and the atmosphere was better than I thought at the time. Recently when I have been going to AG I have been sitting high up mid Dolman but I'm beginning to think that's not a good place to appreciate the atmosphere.

I thought they gave us a lot of coverage and for ITV it was ok. 

My daughter via WhatsApp......

"Commentators started really praising us and the second goal went in. Commentators started praising us again and in went the third... It's ITV's fault (as expected ?)"

?

• Like 1