IGNORED

Maybe not just Scott going in summer.

Rocking Red Cyril

Watched last nite with great pride for all the reasons stated all over this forum. And yes we all know Scott has been on premier league teams interest for a while now. But last nite was a big shop window for the team as an entirety. And Pring, Tanner, Kalas must have got well noticed. Know about kalas needs to accept less or will be sold. But what situ with contract lengths on Pring and Tanner. Cause not be surprised if good offers come our way in the summer for them.

Or can NP convince current top players that with summer additions we are promotion bound next season . Which might even hold Scott.

Or am I in dream land 

• Like 1

I'm living under the belief that Scott and Kalas will be elsewhere next season. If they do stay then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but if they go then we will get a huge cash sum for Scott and a huge wage saving from Kalas. It's win win either way really. I've made my peace with it.

As to the others, I think Pring and Tanner will still be with us. Both are contracted to the end of next season (plus the club has the option to extend), so I'd expect to hear some contract news on both of them some time in the next 12 months. 

Their contracts may well up following Pearson's own contract. Again his ends at the end of next season. We may see a situation where players wait to see what he does, and then the dominoes fall. Equally we may not and everyone may just look out for themselves.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Hmmm 2

As has been written often on this forum, the days of selling a player on the back of a good performance on the telly, ( yes, I am looking at you David Cotterill) are gone. 
Clubs have data bases, analysts and scouts and there are no secrets anymore. 
Our players will not be unknown to other clubs and the fact that they played confidently against the best team in England will just be an additional little box ticked. 

• Like 10

53 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I would have thought if we sell Scott we won't need to sell anyone else as we'll have had enough cash coming in (including Semenyo money) to balance the books. I think we'll make Kalas an offer, but he might still choose to go elsewhere depending on who's interested.

We won’t ‘need’ to sell but I’d the players agent stokes up some discontent and promises bigger rewards elsewhere sadly they’ll be off.
At the end of the day they are competitive sportsmen who want to have the chance to compete against the best, even if it fails they’ll be compensated with a big wedge. 

Hopefully Nige and the team can persuade them to stay for another season..??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

I think Pep was referring to Sykes about unknowns. Absolutely belting game destroying some much 'better' players.

Silently had a fabulous game

Gave as good as he got and got under Foden’s skin to the extent of that lunge which got Foden yellow carded and left Sykes on the floor. 

My reasoning in Tanner getting pulled at half time and Sykes going to right back was because he had the pace to keep up with Foden, as per Pring with Mahrez on the left.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

My reasoning in Tanner getting pulled at half time and Sykes going to right back was because he had the pace to keep up with Foden, as per Pring with Mahrez on the left.

Yep, wasn’t a slight on Tanner, just gave us a different option, and got Andi on too…

• Like 1

Just now, Mike Stone said:

Spot on, week in week out close to being man of the match

Numerous occasions he outmuscled the Man City players. The lad's an absolute unit (In a good way). I actually thought he kept Mahrez fairly quiet compared to Foden down the other flank.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, wasn’t a slight on Tanner, just gave us a different option, and got Andi on too…

Tanner is an excellent player. Last night he was constantly left on his own with Foden and Silva to deal with. Sykes unusually kept further up the pitch and didn’t track back to help Tanner. Equally James could have moved over to assist him. Left one on one, Tanner would have done better. I don't agree that Sykes did better in the 2nd half, he just got more support from Weiman than Sykes. But a brilliant effort all round.  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

The way Ian Wright was talking Scott up I wouldn’t be surprised by interest from Arsenal

Can’t see Arsenal being in the run-in for him, especially as they have Xhaka, Jorginho, Partey, Odegaard & ESR in those central areas. 

Liverpool literally need to replace their entire central midfielders as Henderson, Milner, Keita and Fabinho have lost their legs and just don’t cut it anymore. Liverpool have a long standing interest in Mason Mount though and obviously Bellingham. 

Spurs could definitely do with him too. Could see Scott sitting just ahead of Bentancur and Hoijberg. They have Oliver Skipp in there too but I think Scott can be better than him. 

I wonder if Brighton would go in for him if they lose MacAllister in the Summer which is very likely. We’ve obviously done a big deal with them previously (Webster) so could suit. I do think Scott is a level up from them though, but I think their football would suit him and he’d most likely get real game time. 

Newcastle would be interesting option. He’d fit Howe’s philosophy quite well, and could see him linking up well with the likes of Bruno G & Anthony Gordon. 

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm living under the belief that Scott and Kalas will be elsewhere next season. If they do stay then I'll be pleasantly surprised, but if they go then we will get a huge cash sum for Scott and a huge wage saving from Kalas. It's win win either way really. I've made my peace with it.

As to the others, I think Pring and Tanner will still be with us. Both are contracted to the end of next season (plus the club has the option to extend), so I'd expect to hear some contract news on both of them some time in the next 12 months. 

Their contracts may well up following Pearson's own contract. Again his ends at the end of next season. We may see a situation where players wait to see what he does, and then the dominoes fall. Equally we may not and everyone may just look out for themselves.

Scott will be off for sure. He’s a major asset for the club and as Nige said last night he’ll cost a lot of money. As for Kalas - he’s a very decent Championship CB but imo not quite up to PL quality and if he doesn’t get a new contract ( which he’s clearly playing for) he’ll either go abroad or sign for another Championship club - he’s a big earner as well so unless he’s prepared to accept less money finding another Championship club might not be easy.

As for Nige and his contract expiring next year. If I were SL I’d be offering him another contract asap. Question is tho at 60 would Nige want another deal?

No doubt that the players respect him and if he turns down a new contract and walks away then you’re right. The new man would inherit a weakened squad and he’d have really tough act to follow.

16 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Can’t see Arsenal being in the run-in for him, especially as they have Xhaka, Jorginho, Partey, Odegaard & ESR in those central areas. 

Liverpool literally need to replace their entire central midfielders as Henderson, Milner, Keita and Fabinho have lost their legs and just don’t cut it anymore. Liverpool have a long standing interest in Mason Mount though and obviously Bellingham. 

Spurs could definitely do with him too. Could see Scott sitting just ahead of Bentancur and Hoijberg. They have Oliver Skipp in there too but I think Scott can be better than him. 

I wonder if Brighton would go in for him if they lose MacAllister in the Summer which is very likely. We’ve obviously done a big deal with them previously (Webster) so could suit. I do think Scott is a level up from them though, but I think their football would suit him and he’d most likely get real game time. 

Newcastle would be interesting option. He’d fit Howe’s philosophy quite well, and could see him linking up well with the likes of Bruno G & Anthony Gordon. 

I’m not sure Scott is ready to just walk into a top six side’s starting line-up yet. He would probably say the same himself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

I’m not sure Scott is ready to just walk into a top six side’s starting line-up yet. He would probably say the same himself.

Yep agree which is why I think Brighton could be a great first move for him, and then he’ll probably get his top 6 move a few years after. 

Saying that, if you’re good enough you’ll play. We’ve seen that with Bajcetic at Liverpool who is 18. Definitely similarities between him and Scott, the way they glide with the ball and hustle opponents.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Yep agree which is why I think Brighton could be a great first move for him, and then he’ll probably get his top 6 move a few years after. 

Saying that, if you’re good enough you’ll play. We’ve seen that with Bajcetic at Liverpool who is 18. Definitely similarities between him and Scott, the way they glide with the ball and hustle opponents.

Oh sure. And young Rico Lewis, of course, who’s only 18 too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Heard last night Newcastle interested in Scott, and will loan him back to us for next season. Win win if true.

Was reported earlier in the week. Peter O'Rourke I believe is usually pretty good.

Kalas I feel bigger clubs will be able to offer bigger wages. So sadly he may be off.

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Scott will be off for sure. He’s a major asset for the club and as Nige said last night he’ll cost a lot of money. As for Kalas - he’s a very decent Championship CB but imo not quite up to PL quality and if he doesn’t get a new contract ( which he’s clearly playing for) he’ll either go abroad or sign for another Championship club - he’s a big earner as well so unless he’s prepared to accept less money finding another Championship club might not be easy.

As for Nige and his contract expiring next year. If I were SL I’d be offering him another contract asap. Question is tho at 60 would Nige want another deal?

No doubt that the players respect him and if he turns down a new contract and walks away then you’re right. The new man would inherit a weakened squad and he’d have really tough act to follow.

Is the age of 60 just too old for anyone to not be able to do a superb job and in addition, keep on improving themselves?

What a silly idea that Nigel Pearson is ready for the scrap heap!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

He's not officially represented by an agency so could just be a family member at the moment.

That was my impression too, but wasn't sure. 

Undoubtedly if that's the case, prospective Agents are all over him at the moment. 

Hopefully he gets good guidance.

• Like 1