IGNORED

Cardiff on the red button

Dollymarie

• Admin
8 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Sorry if a dumb question but any reason why the club couldn’t do a beam back?

I'd imagine as it's available on sky there would be very little demand - anyone with an Internet connection will be able to get a stream 

Are beam backs even a thing any more? 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, beaverface said:

That was exactly my first thought!!

Have we ever won a beam back game? I'm thinking Stockport away...maybe? But can't remember if it was beamed back.

Yes. We had to sit in the East End to watch it. 

A few decent sized Cinema screens were placed in front of the first row of seats. Black curtains were in-between the screens so that we could see a better picture from the projectors at the back of the stand.

There was a technical issue as there was no audio for several minutes. IIRC, the commentary was provided by Stato from the original Fantasy Football League TV show.

There was also a beam back of the Liverpool game which was shown at the Colsunall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

That was exactly my first thought!!

Have we ever won a beam back game? I'm thinking Stockport away...maybe? But can't remember if it was beamed back.

I guess we must have won somewhere along the line but personally i can't remember any. 

I was at the Colston Hall for the Liverpool game as I had done my back in and couldn't go, but don't count that as it wasn't Ashton Gate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kolsch said:

I feel like I need an eye test after watching a game on red button.

Why is the picture so bad?

It's a really low SD bit-rate, probably as low as they can get away with. I haven't got SKY Q yet, but Red Button games I believe are in HD with SKY Q.