IGNORED

Thanks and Appreciation From Rob Atkinson

Port Said Red

3 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Does he kick the ball against the fence like my nieghbour? and if it comes over do you chuck it back or wait for him to come around to ask?

If it comes over ‘ere again I’ll put a knife through it ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Does he kick the ball against the fence like my nieghbour? and if it comes over do you chuck it back or wait for him to come around to ask?

As his partner has no interest in football at all, I am about the only reminder he has of it when he is home other than playing FIFA. :) He finds watching hard generally and more so when he is out injured. He's more likely to be out walking their dog most days.

• Like 1

@Port Said Red the ACL operation using part of the hamstring is truly amazing. 

An ex of mine snapped her ACL completely when skiing. They used micro surgery to remove some hamstring, three pieces, plaited it, then attached it were the ligament was. From memory, and the bit I find fascinating, is somehow...the muscle turns to ligament. Nature is truly amazing. 

She recovered completely with no weakness, although it took the best part of a year to fully recover. I should imagine Robs will be quicker as he'll have top physio etc. 

Fingers crossed Rob comes back fighting fit. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Thanks for the update. Didn’t know it but you and live only about 50 yards away from each other @Port Said Red

I've only just realised that I'm only 16,732 kms from you both, what a small world ?.

Seriously it feels a lot closer when on OTIB which is my most visited site , all the very best & a speedy & complete recovery to Rob.

Cheers from Oz :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Hi all

So something that only a handful of people on here know is that Rob moved into the house next door to me with his partner Alice, just a month after he joined the club. For obvious reasons and in agreement with him, I haven't really let that known before on the public forum but after discussion with him today it seemed appropriate.

I showed him the other thread, and he wanted me to pass on his appreciation and thanks for all your well wishes. He doubly appreciates it as he realises that he will be less visible for a few months. 

He goes in for his operation tomorrow morning, for the those of you who like the technical details, they will be replacing his ACL with part of his hamstring. Currently he has no pain, one of those strange quirks of that kind of injury, and has been able to go in and do some work to try and protect him from muscle wastage later down the line. 
After the operation, the opposite will be true and he will have an overnight stay at the hospital and around a week of bed rest before he can return to the HPC to start his rehab. 

He was, as I hinted at in the other thread, "gutted" that he was unable to play last night although I know that, had he played, he would have been disappointed not to match up to Haaland. :) 
He was delighted with TK's performance though and takes his recovery and that of Andi Weimann's (an identical injury) as inspiration for the rest of this year. 

I am so disappointed for him personally, they are a lovely couple and have really taken to the area to the extent they are looking to put down roots for the future, and he had said to me that this has been the most enjoyable period of being footballer he has ever had. 

I don't want to say too much more, but I would like to just say that his supposed fallout with Nigel was nothing like the way some posters were painting it, and it was quite difficult for me to "bite my lip" when I saw the way some posters were interpreting statements and psychoanalysing Rob based on very little. 

He's a good kid (difficult for me to call him that when he towers over me, but I am old enough to be his dad) :) and has been a good neighbour. 

I will keep you posted on his progress as and when he passes anything on.

Thanks again from Rob.

CTID

Like a Smokie song, for 24 days you've been living next door to Alice...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Does he shout out "Can we have our ball back mister?"

1 hour ago, bpexile said:

I've only just realised that I'm only 16,732 kms from you both, what a small world ?.

Seriously it feels a lot closer when on OTIB which is my most visited site , all the very best & a speedy & complete recovery to Rob.

Cheers from Oz :thumbsup:

Can you get a cheap day return from Oz to Bristle?