IGNORED

Cardiff forum

22A

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Your fans took a red scarf, slung it around their necks, and lapped up success at the expense of your identity and your soul.

83153576-8F12-4A74-ABA8-F60856449045.jpeg

Yep there were plenty of gloryhunters to lap up a free red s are that night……I hear there were also plenty clogging up the toilets!

typical tan though to hand them out on a freezing night eh?  You won’t get a rise out of me btw, I gave up on modern football ages ago. It’s shit and I barely go anymore……

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You have been relatively successful with him in charge though. Two promotions to the Premier League and an FA Cup and League Cup final. It must be one of the most successful periods in your history. 

Your useless billionaire has enjoyed more success than ours. 

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Your fans took a red scarf, slung it around their necks, and lapped up success at the expense of your identity and your soul.

And we got it back after the glory hunters abandoned ship and Tan realised he had lost the committed fans who’d been there through thick and thin…..look at that lot, all back watching Liverpool on sky again now. 

7 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

It still amazes me with your owners wealth you haven’t made it. Areas like the West Country and south wales could really do with sustained success with a football club, we might after a decade or two rid the areas of the glory hunting disease that infests our regions with plastic utd/Liverpool/spurs/Chelsea fans…..there’s 1000’s of these parasites in south wales.

Always thought there were plenty of Leeds fans in South Wales, loads from my generation have them as their “second” club

2 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Yep there were plenty of gloryhunters to lap up a free red s are that night……I hear there were also plenty clogging up the toilets!

typical tan though to hand them out on a freezing night eh?  You won’t get a rise out of me btw, I gave up on modern football ages ago. It’s shit and I barely go anymore……

You’re clearly one of the good guys so fair play to you for that. But it was an utterly shameful period in your history and the fans only objected in meaningful numbers when the dream turned sour. They can never claim pride in the bluebird ever again, having given it up so willingly.

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

And we got it back after the glory hunters abandoned ship and Tan realised he had lost the committed fans who’d been there through thick and thin…..look at that lot, all back watching Liverpool on sky again now. 

Sorry, never bought that. You were selling out your ground during your promotion season while the players and stadium were adorned in red. You’re not big enough to fill your ground with armchair glory hunters. “Committed” fans were there too. It was shameful.

It’s no coincidence that the anti-Tan movement only gathered momentum when the team was at the bottom of the Premier League and the dream had turned sour. Why didn’t they object immediately? There is only one possible answer; while the team was winning, the fans accepted it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, johnheadbcfc said:

There's something about spotting someone in a horrid gas shirt when your out that just instantly ruins your mood 

Had this in the gym last week. Was in a good mood and instantly saw that horrible quartered shirt and wanted to puke.

8 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sorry, never bought that. You were selling out your ground during your promotion season while the players and stadium were adorned in red. You’re not big enough to fill your ground with armchair glory hunters. “Committed” fans were there too. It was shameful.

It’s no coincidence that the anti-Tan movement only gathered momentum when the team was at the bottom of the Premier League and the dream had turned sour. Why didn’t they object immediately? There is only one possible answer; while the team was winning, the fans accepted it.

Plenty did, lifelong mates fell out over it, I know quite a few. Some haven’t come back and the London supporters club which had fun for years with over 500 members split and folded. Like I said s wales is full of glory hunters so plenty to fill the seats left by regulars. 
unfortunately due to how poor we had been for the previous 50 years, older fans saw it as their only chance to see ccfc in the top flight in their lifetime so didn’t stop going. A shameful episode as you say…..

9 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Another great photo of Cardiff fans in full embrace of red here, more than just a few scarves:

.62763530-4CAA-49EB-B23B-0FB6173F9F6F.thumb.jpeg.f884723a233991b30d514192af175e15.jpeg

In the past they’ve hilariously tried to claim this was a Wales game, we can see the black shorts…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I think I dislike Cardiff more than Rovers

Mainly because they passed us in recent years I guess but the nature of it - foreign owner, sold out on their colours/badge then kicked off when it went wrong, the Sala fiasco, the shit conditions about travel every time we go there etc

Funnily enough I barely care about them since they changed their badge and shirt without barely a whimper from the fans. 

They’re on the same level of plastic as Reading. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Funnily enough I barely care about them since they changed their badge and shirt without barely a whimper from the fans. 

They’re on the same level of plastic as Reading. 

Cardiff changed when they left Ninian Park. Just seems a totally different club nowadays, they went from a Millwall esque kind of club to plastic Reading.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

You have been relatively successful with him in charge though. Two promotions to the Premier League and an FA Cup and League Cup final. It must be one of the most successful periods in your history. 

Your useless billionaire has enjoyed more success than ours. 

Our useless billionaire is more useless than theirs. We even beat them at that. 
:laughcont:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

It still amazes me with your owners wealth you haven’t made it.

Too many poor footballing decisions, and failure to learn from them, unfortunately. 

Areas like the West Country and south wales could really do with sustained success with a football club, we might after a decade or two rid the areas of the glory hunting disease that infests our regions with plastic utd/Liverpool/spurs/Chelsea fans…..there’s 1000’s of these parasites in south wales.

Amen to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Montpelierblue said:

Little bit harsh but almost true. Put it this way, I reckon at least half our support when we beat you 1 nil in the first playoff match in 2003 won’t go anymore.  It’s way too sanitised for the old school, you step out of line you go to prison, end of. Now I’m not saying it’s all daisies and butterflies, a walk off the beaten track in grangetown and the locals will strip you bare anywhere never mind football fans.

I don’t think you have the same lively support shall we call it that you once had. If you ever do make it up you will find aswell as getting treated like a small child by the media, your club will get further diluted and sanitised to maintain the look of money and wealth which is all the PL is about. I’d also suggest after seeing brightons accounts(400 million in debt to owner)  that you need a miracle to even compete these days and a very wealthy owner……good luck, but for me and many others football died years ago.

give me the fans, team and owner we had in 2003 anyday.

I agree with a lot of this . The prem greed is vile . I love the championship but with parachute payments the league is top heavy . I’ve had the discussion with mates before. The chase of getting to the prem is far more exciting than if we actually got there . It’s a catch 22 because we naturally want our club to play at the highest level.  I spoke to a Swansea fan a while back who said , the novelty soon wears off in the prem when you’re getting battered every week . 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Little bit harsh but almost true. Put it this way, I reckon at least half our support when we beat you 1 nil in the first playoff match in 2003 won’t go anymore.  It’s way too sanitised for the old school, you step out of line you go to prison, end of. Now I’m not saying it’s all daisies and butterflies, a walk off the beaten track in grangetown and the locals will strip you bare anywhere never mind football fans.

I don’t think you have the same lively support shall we call it that you once had. If you ever do make it up you will find aswell as getting treated like a small child by the media, your club will get further diluted and sanitised to maintain the look of money and wealth which is all the PL is about. I’d also suggest after seeing brightons accounts(400 million in debt to owner)  that you need a miracle to even compete these days and a very wealthy owner……good luck, but for me and many others football died years ago.

Would agree with majority of that. Loved the rivalry in 2000's. Doesn't seem the same anymore. The journey to get to the Prem sounds great though, but the final destination I hear isn't as great as is made out. I personally would never care if Bristol City never made the Premier League, wouldn't bother me one bit.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Our useless billionaire is more useless than theirs. We even beat them at that. 
:laughcont:

Ours is by far the worst billionaire….apparently he still likes to meddle in who we sign and 

in the days when he’d actually show up, he hasn’t for years, he’d go into the changing room and tell the team to shoot more at half time.

he sacked malky mackay because he wouldn’t tolerate it and we’ve been in a downward spiral ever since….hiring jokers almost every time.

13 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Back in the days of Graham Kavanagh! He was some player always enjoyed watching him unless he was running the show against us.

• Like 2

Totally agree with Montpelier blue. The whole circus is far too sanitised for my liking. We would indeed be treated like a small child if we ever get promoted. A little bit like this past week. Thankfully it’s back to the reality of a Severnside derby tomorrow, albeit with no pub to have a chat and a pint in and an early kick off to boot !! … poor. 
On the plus side, there will be no half and half scarves or pre match DJ. 
COYR 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Super said:

Back in the days of Graham Kavanagh! He was some player always enjoyed watching him unless he was running the show against us.

Kavanagh was always a thorn in our side. Was playing at a level below his talents, same when they had Whittingham.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I agree with a lot of this . The prem greed is vile . I love the championship but with parachute payments the league is top heavy . I’ve had the discussion with mates before. The chase of getting to the prem is far more exciting than if we actually got there . It’s a catch 22 because we naturally want our club to play at the highest level.  I spoke to a Swansea fan a while back who said , the novelty soon wears off in the prem when you’re getting battered every week . 

Yeah….the ride up is good but it almost ends by the time you get home the day you get promoted. 2013 promotion in red was grim, 2018 with Warnock a bizarre miracle but we all new where it would end and we are still paying for his shocking signings and wasting of the pennies Tan gave him now….I hope you make it anyway, just so you can see it, feel it and crack on…..

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

You are very correct about how the support base has changed significantly in the past twenty five years. Too much money in the top league and clubs owned by foreign trillionaires rather than the local businesses.

I suppose that I'm one of the few Bristol City fans with any feeling for Cardiff. My first game at Ninian was circa Easter 1950 or maybe 1951. Dad came from Llwnypia and when I was old enough to watch a game for 90 minutes, he took me to City and Cardiff. So I watched my second league match Cardiff v Swansea Town. About 50,000 jammed in. In years that followed when you were in the First Division, en route to Nana's we would go to Ninian. I saw the cream of 1950's First Division with the household stars of the time. Spurs, Portsmouth and Wolves all First Division champions, Blackpool with Stan Matthews and plenty more.

Funnily though, Dad's Welsh team was Merthyr as they could walk to it over a couple of hills. So he took great delight at any win against the Bluebirds.

I hope for three points tomorrow irrespective of whether it's a decent game.

PS, I was there last Saturday for the miserable performance against the kick it high and rush English.

PPS. The Division Two Cardiff v Swansea game had 21 Welsh internationals and one England B cap (Swansea left back) An incredible statistic then. Now with so many foreign players and trillions of £'s it's not unusual in the Premier League.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, tin said:

Doesn’t happen very often, mind. I can safely say after living in BS7 for three years, I never saw a gas shirt outside of a matchday (and I saw plenty of City shirts on the common as well!)

I’ve never had any time for Cardiff, going back to the 3-1 win over there when Murray got his brace and we were pelted with coins and piss. Sad bunch of *****, generally. 

I’ve had a hatred generally, but going back to gigs after lockdown,  I had the displeasure of going to The Globe in Cardiff to see a band i love on a Monday night.

Between most songs a big group of lads in there were chanting ‘bluebirds’ and doing the cringe head tapping gimmick in front of randomers faceds. First gig back after 18 months of a pandemic ruined by those *******  

It’s gone to another level since then. Heads gotta roll. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Ever thought of supporting the Gas?  They play in blue and your last sentence means you'll fit in perfectly with 98% of their fanbase. 

• Haha 1