IGNORED

Cardiff City away match thread

Just now, old_eastender said:

Playing centre forward does not suit Bell's natural game, so much better when on the left and can cut-in. Trouble is that's also Mehmeti's best position. I'd have Wells over Bell as CF anytime.

Massively oversimplify this but we seem to go gun go at defences for 60 minutes, tire them out, make some changes and bring wells and another forward on to play ‘smarter’ whilst still maintaining pace and directness.

• Like 1
Just now, Marcus Aurelius said:

Massively oversimplify this but we seem to go gun go at defences for 60 minutes, tire them out, make some changes and bring wells and another forward on to play ‘smarter’ whilst still maintaining pace and directness.

I think we now have 6/7 forwards who you can perm in multiple ways to do exactly as you say.  Barnsley did that in their play off season, played 3 for 55-65 then released 3 more for last 25-35.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think most predicted that though?  10 out of the 11, yep, but not the 11.

My prediction was based on everyone being available and I managed to get it spot on. I opted for Bell ahead of Wells for two factors. I) Bell is pacy and that causes real problems for defenders 2) The Cardiff defenders won’t have faced him much so won’t quite know how to combat him.

Wells is ideal to come in after an hour or so. Tiring defenders will suit him perfectly.

11 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Playing centre forward does not suit Bell's natural game, so much better when on the left and can cut-in. Trouble is that's also Mehmeti's best position. I'd have Wells over Bell as CF anytime.

I would have probably opted for Cornick on this one. Not sure how Bell will get on against a sh*thousing Cardiff side…

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Would've started Weiman centre forward....

I would be feeling a bit hard done by if I was Weimann at the moment not getting a look in at CF (when Wells is rested), but I guess the rules are clear from NP that you have to perform when called upon and even though Bell has been quiet last few games he has still more recently done that. Anyway I don't really mind who performs so long as a good result today.

• Like 2