IGNORED

Bilic gone.

That is one seriously ****ed up football club.

I know it’s a results business, but there is literally no opportunity for any manager to build a squad or construct an ethos. You’re then left with players signed by multiple managers (or the chairman) who can’t get cohesion and you reduce your chances moving forward.

More importantly, from a fans perspective, how are you supposed to build a connection with the players and manager - they must feel hugely dislocated from the club.

You can see why Nige came here. Having been through the revolving door there, being given the time to build something here must have been mannah from heaven.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Rob said:

If I was a football manager, I'd love Watford to call. I mean, you know your only there for a few months, don't really have to worry about the long term, and just take the money and run. Lovely job.

Agree. This won’t harm Bilic at all reputation wise as it didn’t Edwards, Pearson, Gracia and the rest 

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

They do this all the time but are still relatively successful, promotion, relegation, top 6 etc. if we did that we would end up league 2 knowing our luck.

I think that’s a finite position. So much change and spinning the wheel so often will invariably lead to spinning out eventually 

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That is one seriously ****ed up football club.

I know it’s a results business, but there is literally no opportunity for any manager to build a squad or construct an ethos. You’re then left with players signed by multiple managers (or the chairman) who can’t get cohesion and you reduce your chances moving forward.

More importantly, from a fans perspective, how are you supposed to build a connection with the players and manager - they must feel hugely dislocated from the club.

You can see why Nige came here. Having been through the revolving door there, being given the time to build something here must have been mannah from heaven.

I find them pathetic but their argument would be that it works.

They are a pretty small club in truth but have either been in the Prem or in receipt of parachute payments in our division for many years now.

Like Reading everything about them screams blandness but along with their highly dubious trading history with Udinese, they couldn’t care less how it looks from the outside.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I find them pathetic but their argument would be that it works.

They are a pretty small club in truth but have either been in the Prem or in receipt of parachute payments in our division for many years now.

Like Reading everything about them screams blandness but along with their highly dubious trading history with Udinese, they couldn’t care less how it looks from the outside.

Agree. As I said above though, I think it’s a finite position. The major thing for me is the fans - I remember during (and post) Covid it took a while for fans to connect with newer players - you don’t see them as yours until you’ve seen them in the side and fighting for the shirt. I’m not sure how Watford build that connection with their turnover, and when the connection is gone, it’s easier for fans to walk away when things do go wrong.

Graham Taylor would be turning in his grave. He dragged a small club and community up (with some dubious football) and to have it become what it’s become is pretty tragic in a way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rob said:

If I was a football manager, I'd love Watford to call. I mean, you know your only there for a few months, don't really have to worry about the long term, and just take the money and run. Lovely job.

That's pretty much what Nige has said about it since - he went in knowing that it might not last so just tried to enjoy it while he could for as long as he was there.

• Like 1