IGNORED

The New Brand Font

WuTang

Ok… enough.

I’ve been struggling with the new branding and don’t since the new kit was launched.

Am I on my own?

I have not seen any other comments on it?

It looks so dated, is not suited to modern digital format and (most importantly) is hard to read. 

Mostly I dislike the font - but the washed out cream background is equally unappealing and makes all our players look ill!

It annoys me every time I see a new piece of content come out from the club.

Winge over!

Up the City….

• Like 12
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Ok… enough.

I’ve been struggling with the new branding and don’t since the new kit was launched.

Am I on my own?

It looks so dated, is not suited to modern digital format and (most importantly) is hard to read. 

Mostly I dislike the font - but the washed out cream background is equally unappealing and makes all our players look ill!

Winge over!

Up the City….

I've made similar comments.

They might as well post team news on Twitter in braille for all the use the new font it.

I wonder what genius decided to change it.

6 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Ok… enough.

Am I on my own?

Winge over!

Up the City….

yes, I don't like it. Obviously supposed to have an Irish feel, like the kit makers. We're not Irish. I don't like it, makes the comms messy, should have fewer fonts to keep it clean and legible

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Ok… enough.

Am I on my own?

Winge over!

Up the City….

Agreed. It’s a very poor choice. 

Just now, Rudolf Hucker said:

Agreed. It’s a very poor choice. 

I was at a conference yesterday - the subject of font/branding  came up and one of the delegates said that their " My Secret Bolthole" holiday property font morphed into

"My secret Butthole"

Thought you might like that, Rudolph.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes, I don't like it. Obviously supposed to have an Irish feel, like the kit makers. We're not Irish. I don't like it, makes the comms messy, should have fewer fonts to keep it clean and legible

Having lived on this island for nearly 20 years I can't see how that font is supposed to be Irish.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, stortfordred said:

We are West Country and proud but not that far fu££ing west. There’s a bloody sea or two between us and Ireland. We’re not Irish and never will be. I like the Irish but don’t want my team to become Irish. It’s pants and we must get rid. 

I imagine quite a lot of us are a little bit Irish! ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Completely agree it’s shite. It does have a Gaelic vibe and doesn’t suit us at all.

Also, I know we’ve been forced to change the kit, but I don’t think that necessitated a complete rebrand of everything else mid-season. I think we dick about with the branding too often in general.

They probably found a royalty free typeface. Like the crappy free fonts you used to get on a typical Linux install.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Completely agree it’s shite. It does have a Gaelic vibe and doesn’t suit us at all.

Also, I know we’ve been forced to change the kit, but I don’t think that necessitated a complete rebrand of everything else mid-season. I think we dick about with the branding too often in general.

We change branding etc. more than Watford change managers !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1