IGNORED

Blackpool at home match thread

3 hours ago, Spike said:

This is so frustrating, we've been all over them and 11 shot with only 1 on target. Very hard to watch!

You were whining on Tuesday as well. Maybe go to a game and watch the full picture rather than limited tv or radio coverage. 

• Flames 1
2 hours ago, tin said:

Scott looked class playing a bit deeper and Pring goes from strength to strength.

It’s his best position imho.  You want him on the ball as much as possible, and with his head up.  That’s as a CM for me.

19….running a Championship game….not for the first time this season.

• Like 12
2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thought everyone had a good game but for me Jay Dasilva played really well. Considering hes most likely off at the end of the season, he's put in a couple of hard working performances.

Yes, thought he had a really good game, one more reminiscent of when he first came here.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, tin said:

Scott looked class playing a bit deeper and Pring goes from strength to strength.

Up until a fortnight ago, I was all about Scott as young player of the year (a given) and Vyner player of the year. Pring is now giving me a decision to make. 

Been top drawer over the last few games. 

• Like 6
2 hours ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

A goal from outside the box, three points against a bogey team and the sheets are in the wash today.

Decent performance overall.

Cornick the whipping boy did his part for the second goal and OTC getting league minutes tops off a good day.

Want to mention Andy King, gets stick but thought he was excellent today, picking up decent positions all over the pitch sweeping up or getting us up the pitch. A really clever pass to Weimann for his goal after Tanner had made the space on the overlap. Well done to him, must be difficult for him to put the minutes in at his age but he's been thrown in and done what's asked of him today and away in midweek. 

If we kept a clean sheet today why would they need to be in the wash? (I know what you meant :laugh:.).

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s his best position imho.  You want him on the ball as much as possible, and with his head up.  That’s as a CM for me.

19….running a Championship game….not for the first time this season.

That’s the most impressive aspect of his game for me. When he plays a little deeper he almost always runs the game. Incredibly rare at 19. I will follow his career with interest and pride in the role we will have played in his development.

Easy to say with hindsight that he was bound to come through, but without the influence of Tinnion and Pearson it might well not have happened for him.

Edited by HappyClapper
Added a bit
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Up until a fortnight ago, I was all about Scott as young player of the year (a given) and Vyner player of the year. Pring is now giving me a decision to make. 

Been top drawer over the last few games. 

Pring’s my player of the season right now. No doubt about it IMO.

38 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I thought Cornick had an excellent cameo when he came on. Very busy and was a lot of help in the game management/defending before contributing to the second goal.

Why he was brought on, I think he brings a more settled option when we need to see out a game, a good bit of game management I said to myself just before he came on it would be a good time to take Sykes off and see the game out, finally I can see why we bought him he brings something different when we need it.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not sure why I heard some booing at 1/2 time from the South Stand, i thought we were good and Blackpool defended well 

These are the same people booing our youngsters v Lincoln. Rather pathetic, but what can you do? Ban them bbc style

Edited by Sleepy1968
4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

These are the same people booing our youngsters v Lincoln. Rather pathetic, but what can you do? Ban them bbc style.

These are the same people booing our youngsters v Lincoln. Rather pathetic, but what can you do? Ban them bbc style?

These are the same people booing our youngsters v Lincoln. Rather pathetic, but what can you do? Ban them bbc style?

You can say that again

47 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Lovely win today.

Most would give MOTM to Scotty, as usual, but I'm going for King, I thought he oozed class today.

Well done boys, a nice birthday pressie for me.

U REDS.

Now off to the Hippodrome for Sister act. :(

The first half of the day obviously the best part - have a lovely evening ????

• Haha 1

Couple of points , 

thought ref wasn’t to bad today also did Lee Hendrie not make us one of the favs to get relegated 

oh another point a few of the pundits are now commenting on our academy and how good it is 

if the pundits are sitting up and taking notice that means the big team vultures will no doubt be circling 

Edited by redkev
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Thought everyone had a good game but for me Jay Dasilva played really well. Considering hes most likely off at the end of the season, he's put in a couple of hard working performances.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, thought he had a really good game, one more reminiscent of when he first came here.

Thought he was very poor first half, but improved a lot after the break.

All about opinions though.

20 minutes ago, redkev said:

Couple of points , 

thought ref wasn’t to bad today also did Lee Hendrie not make us one of the favs to get relegated 

oh another point a few of the pundits are now commenting on our academy and how good it is 

if the pundits are sitting up and taking notice that means the big team vultures will no doubt be circling 

Watching the game back at the mo, not got to penalty for Sykes yet.  At the Gate I thought he was the first “Homer” we’ve had all season.  Gave us all the 50:50s.

• Like 2