IGNORED

Blackpool at home match thread

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Watching the game back at the mo, not got to penalty for Sykes yet.  At the Gate I thought he was the first “Homer” we’ve had all season.  Gave us all the 50:50s.

Mehmeti would’ve been a better shout had he gone down after being clipped.

• Like 7
20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Watching the game back at the mo, not got to penalty for Sykes yet.  At the Gate I thought he was the first “Homer” we’ve had all season.  Gave us all the 50:50s.

Agreed, besides declining a penalty everything went our way.

After that hugely disappointing Cardiff game followed by more frustration at Huddersfield - on reflection i'm feeling much more positive today looking back at those 3 games as a whole.

Vs Cardiff was always going to be difficult after the Man City game and we know we still can struggle against physical teams.

Vs Huddersfield it was crazy we didn't score and at times today you had that sense of dejavu. 

In reality, the way we dominated for such large parts of the game in the last two matches (admittedly against poor teams) is kind of unprecedented for us for what, how long? many years.

Even with the key players out, the way we can keep the ball, the possession, passing and movement, the technical skills of the midfield and forward players, is as good as it's been IMO at this level than I can remember. 

Today and Tuesday were a sign of how far we've come under Pearson, footballing wise, but also a reality check of where we still need to get to to consistently challenge the top end of the division next season. 

Edited by Alessandro
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Watched it back this afternoon when I got home. Nice to view it from the opposite side of the pitch ?

Well earned victory, 2 cracking goals and Alex Scott is immense. For me it's much more apparent watching on the Tele just how much he runs our games. And Mehmeti should definitely have been awarded a penalty. 

Great team performance ??

Please stay for one more year Alex ??

• Like 3

Proud of the lads today. Yes Blackpool are poor but with the amount of injuries we have, to get a convincing result like that is something we should all be very proud of. 

Pring excellent at centre half. Jay showed he can play left back and do it well. I’m really liking how Tanner and Sykes’ relationship on the right is blossoming. Kingy put in a solid performance and Scotty was his usual excellent self. He really is a joy to watch.

We might be completely thin on the ground but these lads are giving everything.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Three great decisions from the ref today imo.   1. Far corner by away end. Defender being hounded by two of our players goes down easily as though he has been shoved in the back. Referee says play on.

2. Player goes down too easily in the middle of the park lands on and holds onto ball. Free kick to us 

3. Player catches the ball just before it goes out. Referee assuming it is about to go out points for a throw in then changes his mind and awards us a free kick.

Agree I thought he was a bit of a homer but those decisions were spot on and most referees would have given them the other way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

3. Player catches the ball just before it goes out. Referee assuming it is about to go out points for a throw in then changes his mind and awards us a free kick.

Lino helped him on that one.

I’m glad Bond has had his haircut and got rid of that Alice-band.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Said to my Dad he was a homer. Think Blackpool fans will feel hard done by. Still think we’re well in the red when it comes to refs mind!

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Said to my Dad he was a homer. Think Blackpool fans will feel hard done by. Still think we’re well in the red when it comes to refs mind!

Reading the Blackpool forum they felt they were lucky to have not been given 1 or possibly on a bad day 2 penalties against them

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Guess who!

1CB4AE07-773A-4870-83CB-0A39592C0E9A.jpeg

Alex?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, definitely stick a leg out.  Mehmeti shouldn’t need to go to ground to get it.

Sykes wasn’t a pen, he sort of was the one who initiated contact.

Really ?
Interesting , I was convinced Sykes was a Pen, though didn't get too animated at the time as we don't get those.
I'll try and watch it back in the morning. 
Another game though , where not making the most of dominance meant we had to rely them missing a couple of chances to get the points. 
Today we had a lot of blocked shots, not sure we tested their Keeper. They had 2 really good chances.

Don't know if it's been mentioned because I've not been on much tonight, but I thought the ref was really, really good today. And that's not just because we won. He let the game flow, and I thought he got absolutely everything right. We moan about the bad refereeing, so I think it's fair to praise the good ones.

Darren Bond, best ref I've seen this season.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 4

Enjoyed today.

Yes we are a better side but with arguably more riding on it for them than us, an early kickoff, with the play-off dream fading and our squad being thin, in places young and increasingly injury hit that was very good. 2nd half especially, first half felt a bit flat or stop-start at least.

Playing towards the South Stand surely helps, especially when there is a smaller away following.

Two lovely goals, midfield configuration looked strong- solid at the back. Much to like tbh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Admin
2 hours ago, gazza1982 said:

I know we don’t want to shout it too loud, but my god how good is Scott. He is now controlling games 

I'm kinda resigned to him leaving in the Summer. I now want him to score a hatful between now and the end of the season to push the fee over £30m :D

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned because I've not been on much tonight, but I thought the ref was really, really good today. And that's not just because we won. He let the game flow, and I thought he got absolutely everything right. We moan about the bad refereeing, so I think it's fair to praise the good ones.

Darren Bond, best ref I've seen this season.

Definitely one of the better Championship Ref's. Think he did a couple of other Home matches for us early on this season too

• Like 4