IGNORED

Blackpool at home match thread

47 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Good, solid performance by all involved and a well-deserved three points.

Scott brilliant and showed why he's easily worth £30M. He's like three players rolled into one,

Pring was a tower of strength, fouht for every ball, and put his body on the line without flinching.

Pearson continues to work wonders with whatever is available to him.

We've had players like that before, but unfortunately the 3 players rolled into one were Baz Savage, Lois Diony and Tony Dinning!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Someone mentioned that the first goal was City’s first goal from a shot outside the box this season. I can’t believe this is true, but there haven’t been many. Any stato out there who can confirm how many we have scored? 

What was the attendance today ?

Looked like the lowest saturday crowd for this season.

Not many from Blackpool, but fair play to those who did make the journey, long way to go for a 12.30 ko and the weather up there and on the way must have been shite.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Not many from Blackpool, but fair play to those who did make the journey, long way to go for a 12.30 ko and the weather up there and on the way must have been shite.

19k + decent I'd say

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Official attendance announced as 19k, but it looked much lower than that. 

• Thanks 1

Scott was superb today. He lead City by example and quality. As a player with the right attitude, he is bound for a top quality career.

He'll probably move on this summer with a hefty transfer fee to bolster our recruitment for next season. But I wonder if he stayed for one more season, that it would be a greater benefit in our efforts to break the "non Premier" hoodoo.

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Scott was superb today. He lead City by example and quality. As a player with the right attitude, he is bound for a top quality career.

He'll probably move on this summer with a hefty transfer fee to bolster our recruitment for next season. But I wonder if he stayed for one more season, that it would be a greater benefit in our efforts to break the "non Premier" hoodoo.

The only pass he never completed  was the one where he slipped in the first half. With the goal he was MOM by a mile for me.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Spike said:

After the comments about from Nigel about Omar Taylor Clarke seeing King start surprises me, I get that he offers experience but he's not even close to James in terms of quality and I thought we'd be giving the lad a start as he'd be hungry.

I think this game could be won or lost in the middle today.

Post-match - Won in midfield ???

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Redtrojan said:

We are  very good around the box ,but no good in it.

With funds so limited I really hope Cornick will turn out to be a lot better than he has appeared so far ,as an out and out forward would make such a difference.

This is what you get with a team that defends deep, it just means the box is congested.  Got to work hard for your openings.  In another game, we are 2 or 3 up.  Want to see Scott’s shot again, which the defender blocked / headed away…from my angle looked like it was going in bottom corner???

3 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

I think you’ve got to give some credit to Blackpool’s defenders, defending as a unit.

Yep

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Bristol City saying 4 shots on target not 1 that Sky say. I agree with City. A blocked shot can still be on target 

Yeah, but of a pet hate for me…if you don’t want to call it a shot on target, at least have a line for blocked shots too.  #solidarityforblockedshot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1