IGNORED

Blackpool at home match thread

Just for once, especially when teams sit back with two narrow banks of four defending the width of their box, it’d be nice to see someone shoot from outside the box.

Fair play to Blackpool, they have defended very well in that first half.

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

A repeat of the first half v Huddersfield really. By most metrics by far the better team, but just not clicking in the box. This lot kept a clean sheet v Burnley last time out so no mugs at the back, but telling that the single best chance was theirs. Not too critical given the points on the board already and the forced changes, just bloody frustrating.

Hopefully it comes.

• Like 1

When a side is packing out their defence you don’t try to tippy tappy it probing for gaps you get round the back.

Too much possession and probing and not enough conviction.

Got to get quicker with the build up play.

Stretch them, use the wide men and get the defenders facing the wrong way.

Frustrating watch so far.

Edited by Gert Mare
1 minute ago, The Journalist said:

I think we’ve played really well again. If we keep at it the goals will come - and I hope the players believe in that more than a few hysterical boys and girls on here.

Agreed. We’re clearly the better side so far, and they’ve defended their box pretty well. Plenty of room for improvement, though. 

4 minutes ago, tin said:

Just for once, especially when teams sit back with two narrow banks of four defending the width of their box, it’d be nice to see someone shoot from outside the box. Fair play to Blackpool, they have defended very well in that first half.

To be fair I think we've tried a couple. Sakes smashed one over the bar.

The other issue we have is none of our players are very good at long shooting. Mehmeti is the only one I'd like to see try.

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

The prospect of a dour game awaits I fear, between two teams who aren’t scoring. For me the first goal (if indeed there is one) will be key. If we get it we could end up with two or three, if they get it then they will park the bus.

Some parallels with Huddersfield perhaps in that if one of our first half chances had been taken it would have significantly changed the game with them having to look to equalize. 

So, completely hedging my bets, it’s likely to end 0-0, or perhaps 1-0 to them, or if we score first us winning 2-0 or even 3-0 ?

Given the first half and us not getting an early goal I’m revising this - it will finish 0-0 or 1-0 to us or them ?

Just now, cidercity1987 said:

I thought Blackpool missed a sitter? 0.04 of a sitter must have been a shot from the half way line

I'm guessing it's because there was a goalie and defender blocking the path to goal but in reality it was an easy chance to just round the keeper or slot it into the corner early.