IGNORED

Blackpool at home match thread

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Bristol City saying 4 shots on target not 1 that Sky say. I agree with City. A blocked shot can still be on target 

I mean fair to say 4 on target with blocks but if it's blocked it's not even forcing a save and still isn't great.

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Clearly shows the balance of the game, and also the issues with xG. No way was their chance a 1 in 25 one.

xG in theory is a good idea. In execution it is very flawed.  I believe a goalmouth scramble resulting in 3 shots you will get xG each shot which doesn’t make sense as it’s all from the same chance created 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Would be nice to see someone actually have a shot from outside the box!. 

It would also be nice to have a wide player who could consistently put in a high cross to a tall central forward. (We haven’t got either). Most of the low crosses are easily cut out by defenders. City are very predictable 

Edited by pongo88
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

I think we’ve played really well again. If we keep at it the goals will come - and I hope the players believe in that more than a few hysterical boys and girls on here.

Mehmeti does need to get his head up though, had Weiman as a clear option at one point but ploughed on regardless. All about decisions, we are just not making the right ones at crucial times. Yet.

• Like 1

Wells hasn't played badly with his build up play bit really doesn't look like scoring any time soon. I wonder if we should stick Cornick in so we have a head to aim for with crosses. That way our crossing won't be so predictable, and we can mix it up.

• Like 1
Just now, WRERE said:

Sky showed an interesting stat. I think it was that we've had 17 games where we've had over 50% possession and only won 1 but we've won 10 where we've had less than 50% possession. 

Our lack of creativity and quality chance creation is really showing. 

We are creating lots of chances Blackpool are defending with their lives throwing bodies on the line its not us playing badly its them defnding well

• Like 2
1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Yeah I disagree we’ve had one shot on target.  A blocked shot can still be on target 

Blackpool deserve credit for that 

Think this might be nearer the true reason from the BBC match thread

Bristol City 0-0 Blackpool

Chris Honor

Former Bristol City defender, BBC Radio Bristol

Apart from that cross earlier, I don't remember Chris Maxwell having to do much. 

Bristol City, some of their best players haven't had that killer instinct in front of goal. 

45+1 mins

Post update

Bristol City 0-0 Blackpool

Bristol City are creating the chances and having all the touches in the Blackpool box, something is just not clicking for them up front at the moment.

2 minutes ago, WRERE said:

Sky showed an interesting stat. I think it was that we've had 17 games where we've had over 50% possession and only won 1 but we've won 10 where we've had less than 50% possession. 

Our lack of creativity and quality chance creation is really showing. 

Yes, we are a very effective counter attacking team. One would assume the signing of Mehmeti, who is a different type of player to Semenyo, was to address that and allow us to create more in possession.