IGNORED

Omar Taylor-Clarke

Jerseybean

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Might have had a goal to his name, or at least an attempt, had Mehmeti looked up and laid the ball back to the age of the area late on.

Mehmeti needs to play with his head up, hopefully that can be put right in pre-season - O'Dowda never managed it.

If so, we could have a really good player here.

Reminds me of a very raw Mahrez.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BITW said:

Congrats to him. Is he a midfielder then? Wasn’t there today and genuinely know nothing about him 

Yes, OTC has played AM and CM and most recently has been the DM for the U21's, I think he is a talent and they need to tie him down before OTC is OOC. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As per another thread, I managed to get the full match video (wide angle view) of the Swansea game and last night watched the game from the point OTC came on.  In all honesty I did get 2 mins of clips, but most of it was him providing a very disciplined role, man-marking Joe Allen.  He received just pass, made a few tackles, etc…but basically just followed Allen around the pitch, occasionally switching onto other players…but making sure Swansea didn’t play through the centre of the pitch.

Nice to see him today, and a confident couple of passes too.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, !james said:

What's his background? What age did he join the academy? 

He's from Newport originally, started in the Cardiff Academy until around 13 years old and then he came to us. He has a loan spell at Yate last year and scored in his first game for them, but as I said, it looks like we are asking him to take on a more defensive role going forward. He turned 19 in December and he signed pro for 3 years last year, I only used the OOC bit as a joke by the way.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He's from Newport originally, started in the Cardiff Academy until around 13 years old and then he came to us. He has a loan spell at Yate last year and scored in his first game for them, but as I said, it looks like we are asking him to take on a more defensive role going forward. He turned 19 in December and he signed pro for 3 years last year, I only used the OOC bit as a joke by the way.

Two 19 year olds in CM.

(we had an 18 and a 19 last season with Scott and Massengo).

Good enough, old enough…

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

First 2 passes were decent.

Still looks like he should be playing U21 football but a lovely time to come on.

By the way, Andy King was excellent today, what a model pro he is.

Amazing how many have criticised Pearson for signing him when he is much more than a player whose sole role is playing in matches.

At a guess, his influence in the dressing room, his helpful attitude in training for the young one's is one of the factors why so many Academy members have progressed to first team football in the last two years.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Amazing how many have criticised Pearson for signing him when he is much more than a player whose sole role is playing in matches.

At a guess, his influence in the dressing room, his helpful attitude in training for the young one's is one of the factors why so many Academy members have progressed to first team football in the last two years.

Shame he had injuries last season.  Has been for and available every week this season…and showing he’s still more than capable.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He made me think of Korey Smith , in his play and his size. 
Looks like another talent coming through . It is a wonderful time to be a City fan.

Dance Dancing GIF

Major can you confirm that those legs actually belong to that torso?  

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

First 2 passes were decent.

Still looks like he should be playing U21 football but a lovely time to come on.

By the way, Andy King was excellent today, what a model pro he is.

I noticed when King came off he was in a long debate with Pearson and Fleming. I can only assume he was giving them feedback from the playing side of the game. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fair play to OTC on making his debut. Never thought after watching him at Yate this season, he'd be playing in the Championship so soon.

An even bigger surprise was seeing young Callum Wood on the bench today. 

I watched him last week, again for Yate Town. He actually has looked decent in recent weeks. 

Great to see these lads develop and kick on so quickly. 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, spudski said:

Fair play to OTC on making his debut. Never thought after watching him at Yate this season, he'd be playing in the Championship so soon.

An even bigger surprise was seeing young Callum Wood on the bench today

I watched him last week, again for Yate Town. He actually has looked decent in recent weeks. 

Great to see these lads develop and kick on so quickly. 

My reaction to Wood on the bench was that it meant Idehan is still very much on Nige's shit list, a lad who hasn't played above NLS vs someone whose played in L2 would usually have seen Idehan make the bench.

• Hmmm 1

14 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

My reaction to Wood on the bench was that it meant Idehan is still very much on Nige's shit list, a lad who hasn't played above NLS vs someone whose played in L2 would usually have seen Idehan make the bench.

In Friday’s presser, Nige mentioned Duncan had trained with the first team that morning.  Nige said he’s having a look again.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

In Friday’s presser, Nige mentioned Duncan had trained with the first team that morning.  Nige said he’s having a look again.

Hopefully DI can get back in favour cos he looks like he's got potential. 

• Like 4