IGNORED

Omar Taylor-Clarke

Jerseybean

21 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

My reaction to Wood on the bench was that it meant Idehan is still very much on Nige's shit list, a lad who hasn't played above NLS vs someone whose played in L2 would usually have seen Idehan make the bench.

I guess it's down to attitude. Show the right attitude and have ability, and you'll be ahead of those who have ability but a 'questionable' attitude. 

As Fev says...NP said Idehan has practiced with the first team recently, and they'll be looking at him.again. 

Making him Captain in the recent U21 game probably shows some hope as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

I guess it's down to attitude. Show the right attitude and have ability, and you'll be ahead of those who have ability but a 'questionable' attitude. 

As Fev says...NP said Idehan has practiced with the first team recently, and they'll be looking at him.again. 

I think there is a suggestion that he upset quite a few of the players as much as the Management which would make it much harder. 

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Yep - nail on head. Idehen has a ‘Billy Big Bollocks’ attitude that’s not particularly well accepted within the club.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think there is a suggestion that he upset quite a few of the players as much as the Management which would make it much harder. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yep - nail on head. Idehen has a ‘Billy Big Bollocks’ attitude that’s not particularly well accepted within the club.

From my experience, it's harder to change ' personality ' than improve ability. 

We know the Club don't like ' bad eggs', but they also give second chances. 

He obviously has ability. 

Fingers crossed he doesn't miss a great opportunity in life, down to a bad attitude. 

• Like 6

As the thread is entitled OMT, yet another promising young Robin. A busy worker with a bit of pace and not afraid to tackle. NP should give him a few starts as we are near enough to safety this season.

Reminds me of a little Scottish lad about 50 years ago who did quite well for two City's. Can't remember his name due to old age!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

As per another thread, I managed to get the full match video (wide angle view) of the Swansea game and last night watched the game from the point OTC came on.  In all honesty I did get 2 mins of clips, but most of it was him providing a very disciplined role, man-marking Joe Allen.  He received just pass, made a few tackles, etc…but basically just followed Allen around the pitch, occasionally switching onto other players…but making sure Swansea didn’t play through the centre of the pitch.

Nice to see him today, and a confident couple of passes too.

Pity we need. DM up to grade and ready to play gully in the first team now. Was impressed by what he showed today. Looking forward seeing more from him 

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’ve heard he’s just cheeky n Nigel doesn’t like his personality, that’s from his girlfriends sister

20 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Another one who plays with his socks around his ankles! Four now! 

Doesn’t worry me, but what happened to shin pads? ?

I thought the wearing of shin pads became mandatory?

If so, then presumably that changed some time ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Back in my playing days I always wore shin pads, other than one game when I forgot to pack them.

10 minutes into the game the opposition full back completely mistimed a tackle and the sole of his boot raked straight up my shin, taking the skin off like a pencil sharpener.

I made absolutely sure I always packed them after that!

For a quick and skilful player like Scott, and with the "attention" he's bound to attract from defenders, I cannot understand why he would not wear shin pads. Perhaps socks around the ankles is the cool look for young players these days, although bloody and scarred shins might not be quite so cool!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It is….they just wear very small ones.

Ankle guards, rather than shin guards then Dave?

18 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I’ve seen some players literally just cut out some foam to give the appearance of shin pads….. if anyone has seen Goal! Then yeah the shin pad scene isn’t far off 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Back in my playing days I always wore shin pads, other than one game when I forgot to pack them.

10 minutes into the game the opposition full back completely mistimed a tackle and the sole of his boot raked straight up my shin, taking the skin off like a pencil sharpener.

For a quick and skilful player like Scott, and with the "attention" he's bound to attract from defenders, I cannot understand why he would not wear shin pads. Perhaps socks around the ankles is the cool look for young players these days, although bloody and scarred shins might not be quite so cool!

No, still shin pads…just not very big.

22 hours ago, GrahamC said:

First 2 passes were decent.

Still looks like he should be playing U21 football but a lovely time to come on.

By the way, Andy King was excellent today, what a model pro he is.

I hope Andy king stays on with City in a coaching capacity once his contract is up at the end of the season. I think he will excel in the U23 coach role to help with u23. Potentially a natural replacement lined up then for when Nigel leaves in a few seasons. 

• Hmmm 2

46 minutes ago, redpole said:

I hope Andy king stays on with City in a coaching capacity once his contract is up at the end of the season. I think he will excel in the U23 coach role to help with u23. Potentially a natural replacement lined up then for when Nigel leaves in a few seasons. 

I’m hoping he stays coaching with the first team, just doing more than what he is now.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, downendcity said:

Back in the day I didn’t wear shin pads.

Played for Tamworth team against a bunch of village miners from up north sometime during the miners strike. Literally 2nd pass after kick off, a guy deliberately went over the top and studded me right down my shin. Oddly he didn’t take my sock with it but looked down and saw blood oozing out of those little square holes. Went to the bone, the b******d. Internal and external stitches complete length of the shin. 

From that point on always wore shin pads. Also made sure that from what was a strike breaking area ( we had 2 miners in our team) if we went north, we took bodyguards with us! 

Met the referee the following season and queried why he hadn’t sent him off. His excuse - and this was before they were compulsory - was that I wasn’t wearing shin pads. Clown. 

11 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Played for Tamworth team against a bunch of village miners from up north sometime during the miners strike. Literally 2nd pass after kick off, a guy deliberately went over the top and studded me right down my shin. Oddly he didn’t take my sock with it but looked down and saw blood oozing out of those little square holes. Went to the bone, the b******d. Internal and external stitches complete length of the shin. 

From that point on always wore shin pads. Also made sure that from what was a strike breaking area ( we had 2 miners in our team) if we went north, we took bodyguards with us! 

Met the referee the following season and queried why he hadn’t sent him off. His excuse - and this was before they were compulsory - was that I wasn’t wearing shin pads. Clown. 

I think back to players like Dave Thomas.

image.thumb.png.348807962a1c86622e7ad797efa07e39.png

Quick and skilful and always played with socks round his ankles and quite obviously no shin pads. Back then ( in the 70s) skilful players did not get the protection from refs that they do today and with the fearsome defenders/tacklers around back then I dread to think what state his legs were in at the end of games.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Reminds me off my Dad, who had a scar on his shin, that was perfectly round. 

A player tackled him, he had no pads on, this was back in the day when they nailed the studs into the sole of thep boot. The stud was left in his shin...he had to pull it out on the pitch. ??

I guess the chances of getting it big time on the shin these days is a lot less, than before. Hence so many players reverting to really small pads.