IGNORED

Andi Weimann - You Little Beauty

Curr Avon

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

A glorious goal, the sort of thing you dream of doing as a kid.

A goal that Match of the Day would talk about for 5 minutes after a prem game....oh hang on....

Puuuuuurring over that goal, the technique, execution and sheer power. First goal from outside the box this season?

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

A glorious goal, the sort of thing you dream of doing as a kid.

A goal that Match of the Day would talk about for 5 minutes after a prem game....oh hang on....

I liked their goalkeeper looking up at the big screen replay's and just shrugging his shoulders. You're right mate, you're not going to get close to saving those.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If Andi Weimann wasn’t at the club already he would be exactly the type of player that Nigel would want here. 
The bloke is a top, top pro . 

Technically Pearson signed him in 2021 as a free agent. Technically. 

Sorry, on review he actually signed a new contract under Pearson. He was never formally released as a free agent.

Still, Nige clearly made efforts to keep him here.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Andi's best game this season IMO.
Screamer and from his swinger. He can sometimes lace those into a couple of rows past Row Z ( that's way past the non existent Row M in G*s terms) , but that was as good a connection as you will see. Starts outside the post, keeper has no chance. So pleased for him.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Andi's best game this season IMO.
Screamer and from his swinger. He can sometimes lace those into a couple of rows past Row Z ( that's way past the non existent Row M in G*s terms) , but that was as good a connection as you will see. Starts outside the post, keeper has no chance. So pleased for him.

Not one of those either where the keeper sees it late as it comes through a crowd - he just watched it all the way.

Had to listen to the guys who sit behind me slagging him off for an hour (as they do every week), claiming that he's lost his pace, can't pass, just runs round a lot, and that "we're basically playing with ten men when he plays". 

So, it was rather pleasing when he spanked it into the top corner right in front of us. F*****g idiots.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Had to listen to the guys who sit behind me slagging him off for an hour (as they do every week), claiming that he's lost his pace, can't pass, just runs round a lot, and that "we're basically playing with ten men when he plays". 

So, it was rather pleasing when he spanked it into the top corner right in front of us. F*****g idiots.

I was saying before that hit why don't we have a pop at goal more just like Blackpool had with a strike outside the box and he pops up with that ? 

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I could watch that back all night. Sitting in the Dolman, I only appreciated the brilliance of that goal when they played it back on the big screen. Bloodly amazing. I was, however, celebrating the goal before the ball had done little more than left Andi's foot. Sometimes you just know.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I could watch that back all night. Sitting in the Dolman, I only appreciated the brilliance of that goal when they played it back on the big screen. Bloodly amazing. I was, however, celebrating the goal before the ball had done little more than left Andi's foot. Sometimes you just know.

I must have watched it a dozen times - and I'll probably watch it another dozen or two.

Fantastic player for us.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It also looked like Nahki was celebrating before the ball was past the keeper as well. 

• Like 1

Not claiming to be an expert, but I posted on another forum that we should take a few pops from distance, as we seem to try to twist and dance it through a congested box every time - it seems that Andi and/or Nige read my post and acted accordingly!!!!?

Well done Andi - great goal from a great pro. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Not claiming to be an expert, but I posted on another forum that we should take a few pops from distance, as we seem to try to twist and dance it through a congested box every time - it seems that Andi and/or Nige read my post and acted accordingly!!!!?

Well done Andi - great goal from a great pro. 

Nige said on Friday that we are a team that score from close-in, not from shots outside the box…in reference to  questions about breaking down teams that sit deep.  That told him!